Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Plunder option (checkbox in lobby)

<<

Endless

Post 11 May 2014, 09:46

Plunder option (checkbox in lobby)

Hi all!

first off, thanx for all the hard work!

i've been noticing there are a lot of 2v2v2v2 games lately. This gametype is mostly played on cursed ravine.
Since, in these games, there's always turmoil with resources after a while. For these games i'd like to suggest the option to plunder enemy storage houses.
This will mean a group, or groups, of the selected soldiers can plunder 1 enemy storage unit (per player) to gain the resources for him/herself. Of course this option should be checkable in the lobby for when it's 4v4.

Same goes for builders, it should be possible to put 3 or 4 builders to the job of actually building the buildings so it increases the level of which we can fluently expand our base.

I hope the people reading this will give me some feedback since this is my first time on forum.

Thanx and see you ingame at your towerline!

Endless
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 May 2014, 09:58

Re: Plunder option (checkbox in lobby)

There's a map with dynamic script, which uses similar idea to yours and it's meant to be played 2v2v2v2: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1986#p34244

It's still in development, it needs some changes (more space for sure). For every destroyed enemy building you'll get some resorces (like few Timber for Sawmill, some Stone for Quarry). So it's better to go out and fight than stay in base and camp :).

I don't understand what do you mean by 3 or 4 builders actually building the buildings...?
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Post 11 May 2014, 16:58

builders who dont build paths as a priority i meant
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 May 2014, 18:50

Do I understand correctly, that you suggest a checkbox, that would give group of builders (3-4) priority to build houses first, instead of building roads first? What's the point in that? If you want 3-4 builders to focus on building a house, just make less roads, so that there're 3-4 idle builders that'd go constructing a house. It's a skill, that can be obtained (to manage your builders more efficently). No need for checkbox for that :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Post 12 May 2014, 12:31

i do see your point, a certain amount of skill keeps it fun to play :) however i still think it would be a realistic option to plunder enemy storages with your army :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 May 2014, 13:06

Well then rejoice dear guest! a scripter is busy making a plunder script, and maybe he makes the script so it can be placed in any map.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Remer

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Aug 2014, 17:51

My idea, to regrab his, is, that you could
Add a new unit, maybe the "thief";
The Thief is unarmed and can only move in already explored territory and can only grab 10 resources each time from an enemy storage.
He can easily be killed and moves at a normal rate. He's visible by eye, but not on the minimap. He won't explore any territory.
Single-Use Unit. Costs 1 Leather Armor + 1 Recruit OR 1 Gold.

OR: After the enemy storage is destroyed about 50% or 25% move to the nearest storage of your team/the enemy/the one who destroyed it.

Like it? :)
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2014, 18:56

The Thief is unarmed and can only move in already explored territory and can only grab 10 resources each time from an enemy storage.
It won't have any effect since most people probably don't have 10 goods in their storehouse. Besides of that, I don't think adding a thief will add much to the game.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Remer

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Aug 2014, 19:16

It won't have any effect since most people probably don't have 10 goods in their storehouse. Besides of that, I don't think adding a thief will add much to the game.
They don't? Then I'm doing something wrong, actually.
Okay.

And no, it won't be adding much in the game, I agree.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Aug 2014, 00:27

Well revolution is mostly talking in the "private" teamspeak games where at the end of pt the storehouse most likely is empry or conains ~ 5-10 food wares maximum because we block eveything for the sake of serf efficiency. I see that nearly every pub player stores wares though. But imo the thief would just die to troops or cannot even get past the towers at the base.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”