Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

How do you skip a battle?

<<

tywanda

Woodcutter

Post 03 Mar 2008, 17:51

How do you skip a battle?

Okay I am not giving up , but battle 104 in TPR is so full of bugs even with the patch, that it is near impossible to get through. Can anyone explain to me in simple language how to go ahead in the campaign. Thanks very much!
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Mar 2008, 18:15

Just looks for dmission4.dat in your "KaM-Directory/data/mission" and rename it to dmssion4BACKUP.dat.
Restart level 4, and the level will be skipped :wink:
<<

tywanda

Woodcutter

Post 04 Mar 2008, 10:00

Thanks, it worked and I am on my way.
<<

H.A.H.

Post 19 Apr 2008, 17:07

I tried to do this but I get an error that says .... Cannot rename file: Cannot read from the source file or disk. I have the disk in my computer so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance! :)
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Apr 2008, 17:24

Don't change the name at the disk, do it at your KaM-Directory...
otherwise it should work :wink:
<<

H.A.H.

Post 19 Apr 2008, 17:56

Thanks, but I don't know what that means. How do you get to the directory? I went to search files. Found the file and tried to rename it. I did notice that there's no "I" in the rename. It's dmssion not dmission. Is the dmssion correct? Anddoes the BACKUP part have to be capitalized?

Sorry, all I know about computers is how to turn them on and play my games. LOL I hate to say it, but I'm the typical girl when it comes to the computer.

Unfortunately I need step by step instructions. I know I'm asking for a lot. I just wanna play my game. I'm sure fellow addicts can understand. LOL

Thanks again!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Apr 2008, 02:36

Hi,
Why don't you join our forum?
Here is what to do:
1. Find out where KaM is installed. This should be something like "C:\Program Files\KaM - The Peasants Rebellion\"
2. Once you've found it enter the folders "data\mission" inside there
3. It doesn't matter what you rename it to, as long as it changes. So you could rename it to dmission1-I-Want-To-Skip-This-Mission.dat, it doesn't matter at all!

"Cannot read from the source file or disk" does not mean anything about the CD. It might mean you have KaM running at the time, or some other program is trying to use the file. If you can't fix it then try restarting the computer.
Let me know if this fixes it.
Lewin.
<<

harold

Knight

Post 20 Apr 2008, 08:25

You can also use Unlocker to solve the cannot read/in-use problem

Return to “General Talk”