Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

List of new maps to be included

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Jan 2014, 05:09

Re: List of new maps to be included

Can't something "simple" be special?
In these terms of "simple" I say no. My opinion of course.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 28 Jan 2014, 08:29

just my opinion, I'd give HPS a chance and add it ;)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 Jan 2014, 08:53

My opinion is also that pike sword knights isn't a map that should be really included. The only thing you have actually to do on that map, is to be scrolling on the whole map and press pikes into a direction of a horse. .. i won games in that mission easily, just with being as fast as possible. Maybe the map works as a brain trainer :p or speed trainer but it has totaly nothing to do with a "strategy" or tactic like in tactic maps required ( thats why I think that gunplay isn't also worth it)
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 28 Jan 2014, 10:50

I want to add HPS too.
50/50 =D
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 Jan 2014, 11:09

What bothers me is some don't talk if the map has potential to become popular (I do believe), or if the map is good/bad balance and gameplay...
Ben (and probably sado) discarded it after trying to guess "how many hours" I spent working on it...

Pawel writes is not tactical... Wrong, because after some battlefield cleaning when you start linking isolated units and gathering squads, there are small armies everywhere and deciding who to attack, or even avoiding combat till starving death, it's part of strategy that you improvise according circumstances.

So, when does the objective analysis start?
Not only HPS, but I'm also worried for the final choices of the other 99. :(
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 28 Jan 2014, 11:31

Just make it more visually appealing and Ben will shut up xD

But back on topic now, if we will have too many tactical maps to choose from, I will vote against HPS because I'd rather have some "serious" fight maps there. See my Space Invaders idea - the only reason I want to include it is that it's a single player minigame, it's neither complicated nor pretty, but there's hardly anything more I can do to change it, apart from tweaking the script. If it was multiplayer minigame (just like I consider HPS to be), then I wouldn't include it to not make the maps list too long, because it is too simple (you just shoot scouts from the bottom, it's not serious at all).

Another thing is - if enough people play HPS after they download it in the next version, then why not include it in the next next Remake version? It wouldn't hurt to have a list of maps that are not included in the Remake, sorted by the play count.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 Jan 2014, 11:53

HPS is serious to me, different but serious. It also has that feature that can be played in higher speeds, and doesn't lose its essence (compact space + 8 mins timer).

I don't trust this download system you proposed... It might work maybe, but I don't want my map to be part of the "guinea pig" group.

I think I have defended my position quite enough. I will stop talking of my map, so move on with other discussions.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 28 Jan 2014, 13:04

Wow after cleaning you connect your units to bigger groups and what are the strategies there? Only see a single one, to connect them and storm for weaker units without any plans. Evrn the fact that this map has no ranged unit, shows that you don't need any micro, just select your troops and rush and rush and rush...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Jan 2014, 16:54

I think that you're being a bit biased towards your own map, Jeronimo.
Why not give the map some details? Seriously, there is no work at all put into the map. Something like that can't be included in the Remake. (again imo)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Jan 2014, 17:10

There's need a special skill. you need to fight at the beginning, and meanwhile this mincer, you should collect a party of your soldiers and try to walk in group.
Andreus also made better AI, soldiers will die after 8 min and he's making now score for this. I find this map really good and origigan.
If you cant start the mincer - take 1 or 2 AI, and have fun.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 28 Jan 2014, 18:24

Special Skill? :lol: Like I said, it´s only about the reactiontime and speed in your brain, nothing else:
  Code:
*"Take a random soldier" "It´s a pikeman" "Find fast as possible a knight" "Rightclick on the horse" #repeat at * #
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Jan 2014, 19:26

Without a band you can't win. Only a player with good band will win, and who will rightclick pikeman to horse and no party - will lose. Also, it's good to play 4v4, or 2v2v2v2, not only ffa.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Jan 2014, 21:33

HPS for me is cool and very funny. Please stop doing any map similar criterion... :rolleyes: This map is original idea, and we should give it a chance.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Apr 2014, 20:05

Back to topic ;D

well, I see we have a lot of maps... over 60 maps+fixes by me, vovets etc and smth like 50 from another mapmakers. Soon we can have even more :D
After short discussion with Krom, we have an idea.

- I think a mapmakers' committee is needed. What about Sado, To, Pawel, TDL, woloszek and maybe me? :P
- Mapmakers send all their maps and fixes to contact@kamremake.com (or better via PM to me / one of commitee members)
- Committee rates the maps and chooses which maps should be added into Remake
- We create an official map pack for Remake r6157 (as we have maps supported only by new releases) which can be downloaded from kamremake website
- When Lewin and Krom have time they just add all chosen maps to castlesand repository

I think it's better and easier to do now. Imagine, in 2-3 months (or later?), when new release comes, we will have much more maps...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 10 Apr 2014, 06:07

I've talked to Lewin about that too, and offered to make such a group. I asked TDL, Ben and To about participating already, and got a positive response, but didn't really get a response on "who else?" :P You and wolo will be good candidates too, some people might be surprised to see Pawel on the list (I am surprised :P) since he never made a map xD But on a second thought, he might be a good person to judge SP maps. I think my role should be mainly coordinating the work and judging the maps which are too obvious (like, a very bad map, or a map made by a well known mapmaker). If we need more people, I'd say koczis and thunder. (We might need to make sure Thunder stops taking LSD for a while though xD)

Also, keep in mind that the next stage of choosing the maps will be preparing a list of the maps that will be included on the "official" list (see the idea about splitting maps to "official" and "downloaded" folders). But the new maps probably have a priority for now.

Return to “General / Questions”