Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

List of new maps to be included

<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Jan 2014, 13:41

Re: List of new maps to be included

Dont touch Wololo, rocky coast, wish star and kaderto, they are great for no pt. If they'll deleted, fixed across and wilderness woth conquer the World :D Its a great ultumatum :D
Aslo, dont touch the citadel and tundre, as was said before.
I agree with the others maps, and i can add some ti this list:
Roads - unfixeable
Warfares in the wilderness - 8p must be deleted, 4p need fixing like delete xxx places and make more wide paths.
In Hells - unfixeable
Bad mountain - i dont know how this map for others, but i dont see smth interesting in it.
Oasis struggle - dont throw spoiled eggs to me, but market wars arent popular now. Need fix i think.
Desert line - mbmb, how do you think?
Center castle - plagiarism from Border Rivers. All will throw to me (what?) ah, not eggs, tomatoes. But mb we need something, more balansed with script, like Cursed or new map.
And mb i forget some another maps.
!MODBREAK: Stop swearing
Last edited by vovets1 on 13 Sep 2021, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Modbreak, swearing removed.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Jan 2014, 13:54

Guys, who remembered GWB's map King's Favourite? Who has this map, i really want it :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Jan 2014, 15:28

About deleting maps: I agree, that Tundra, The Citadel and eventually Bannockburn should stay. Tundra is nice looking and good for fighting, The Citadel is good for fun. Bannockburn is something different as Pawel wrote.

About economic maps, I didn't play most of them, so I don't have an opinion. I would like to try some no PT gaming, so if vovets says some map fits good for this type of gameplay, they shouldn't be deleted then.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Jan 2014, 15:39

Dont touch Wololo, rocky coast, wish star and kaderto, they are great for no pt. If they'll deleted, fixed across and wilderness woth conquer the World :D Its a great ultumatum :D
Aslo, dont touch the citadel and tundre, as was said before.
I agree with the others maps, and i can add some ti this list:
Roads - unfixeable )
Warfares in the wilderness - 8p must be deleted, 4p need fixing like delete xxx places and make more wide paths.
In Hells - unfixeable
Bad mountain - i dont know how this map for others, but i dont see smth interesting in it.
Oasis struggle - dont throw spoiled eggs to me, but market wars arent popular now. Need fix i think.
Desert line - mbmb, how do you think?
Center castle - plagiarism from Border Rivers. All will throw to me (what?) ah, not eggs, tomatoes. But mb we need something, more balansed with script, like Cursed or new map.
And mb i forget some another maps.
Bad Mountains? Center Castle? etc... If you do not play these maps it does not mean that you have to remove them! At first, improve your maps, and then write smth interesting... expert of the seven sorrows :rolleyes:
Battle sun 1v4 is cool for fun, and others maps too (not all ofc).
The title of this topic is quite different from what you write here! List of new maps to be included
!MODBREAK: If you want to join a discussion, don't make your aguments useless by swearing multiple times.
Last edited by woloszek on 13 Sep 2021, 14:02, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Modbreak, swearing removed.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Jan 2014, 16:00

Alright people, let's take it down a notch. Discussion is fine, but stop the swearing. Next one to swear gets a free insta-ban. You have been warned.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Jan 2014, 16:06

If you dont know, andreus made like 70% of his maps with me. We usually work in pair.
If you read distrat - copypaste for you: Bad mountain - i dont know how this map for others, but i dont see smth interesting in it. I simply dont find it interesting.
And Centre castle i really hate =))
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 27 Jan 2014, 16:22

@woloszek: You're right about topic's title, but also remember what Lewin wrote:
Ok this is a lot of maps. We are going to need to delete quite a few if we are adding this many.
If I understood him right, he was saying about old maps, but he might as well mean only those maps on list in first post. Anyway, it's up to him and Krom (as a developers team) to decide about deleting any maps.
I would be quite happy to have a team of people reviewing maps and advising which ones should or shouldn't be included. That doesn't mean we would do exactly as they say, but it could save us a lot of time by filtering out the low quality maps before I look at them.
Along with including maps in release, I think it's a good idea to discuss some maps that don't fit anymore or need fixing. That doesn't mean something would be deleted (Lewin's quote), but everyone can write his opinion. If the opinion is shared with big part of community, it's quite a good filter, I think.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 27 Jan 2014, 16:27

I very rarely writing on forum now, but i see, someone want keep bad maps and delete good/great.

Vova:

Tundra- dont see any special thing on this map. Maybe deleeted or keep. All the same for me. JUst a tactic average map.

Wish Star DM- nothing interesting and unpopular. get out with this:P

In hell- you never played this. For me one the best maps 4 v 4. Nice terrain, different locs( loc5 need especially skilled player here) making this great advantage.

Bad mountains- again, you never played this 3 v 5 map. Also need good tactic and skilled players. Played few times, and that was great battles and games. And we havent any 3v5 eco maps except this.

Citadel- i agree with you here. Its very funny map and bloody:D Chaos and hundreds soldiers, mwahahaha. I very enjoying and its an interesting idea for map.

Oasis struggle- Tiny place, low resources. i very dislike this. To small map. Deleting this is a good idea.

Boarderlands- terrible, terrible, terrible! Not terrain, but playing. Resources placed very bad slowing game and making boring. worse map 8 p for me!

@to all

Lake Wololo- Camping, toweer spam, low gold... Need to say more? Get out with this ;O

Beetween Rivers- Played once. This one guy have no any chance, totally unbalanced and flat. I lost vs my sister, when my gold were off.

Dangerous Swamp- Short thing- Nothing interesrting, low place. Get out with this :P

Battle Moon- im neutral. Its fast map with only iron, but maybe fun. I wont care if this will stayu, or be deleted.

Dark Rock- The Same Rocks are better versions of tthis, so i dont think sense to keep this anymore.

Frozen Canyons- played and musy say, its nothing interesting. Too many snow, to have trees and corn. Should be removed.

Forest Fight- Maybe intersting idea, but this one guy havent chance. The things go to fast, to take care of all 5 enemies. Fix this or remove.

Dream- i very liked playing on this. Maybe average terrrain etc, but great gameplay. But when new version will come, old may be deleted.

Stranded- unbalanced, low resources. Nothing good to say. Delete!

Northern Province- i love this map. Was great games on this. But need fixes, cause its to small placefor 8p. Coverting for 4 p would be great.

Thats my feeling about those maps. Maybe later will write about others.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Jan 2014, 16:36

Luki, i played all this map.
You can't play no peacetime games, Wololo, Rocky Coast and Wish Star are very good for it.
Tundra is unique too.
I just dont like maps where i didnt wrote "Unfixeable" or something like that. Also, i supposed than smb will trow spoiled eggs to me :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Jan 2014, 18:04

"I had great games on this map" doesn't mean it's a good map. The maps I listed are either ugly or imbalanced and need fixing but will probably never be fixed, which is why I think they should be removed. :)
I've had a great game on Lake Wololo as well, but I still want to see it thrown in the abyss of ugly imba maps. Don't let your emotions fool you!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Jan 2014, 18:06

Yeah Luki. Just because you have like no arguemnts(I don´t see any from you, in your post and because you dont want to have paker maps deleted(you mentioned like 100% maps, that are not from paker team, that are "average" / "nothing special" and should be delted for that ?! :? but no single map from Paker team because "you haven´t played it" LOL ) Seriously, this is a normal discussion, but arguments like "you haven´t played it" are total invalid! Maybe he hasn´t played on it, but when he isn´t the only one who says "remove Bad mountains" for example, than I don´t think that WE ALL haven´t played that map and just want randomly to kick this map -.-

Tundra is "average" you said, and? Overaverage fun in my opinion! And like I can see also for other players here. It hasn´t to be SOMETHING SPECIAL with a big youtube advertisement from Pakertainment, as a good example, to be in the Remake. It just have to be (like you just said yourself) an average good, not ugly looking map.
So instead of wrtiting "Maybe deleeted or keep"(what shows that you have no own opinion about it really) you should just list maps in your list, that you really know.

I still don´t agree with you Dark Lord, that for example Tundra is either one of the worst maps, we have in the remake, or one of the imbalanced ones(Unless it has the same starting troops as a small start).
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 27 Jan 2014, 22:38

Lake Wololo is a legend such as Kaderto. Let them rest in peace. Remake needs young, creative mapmakers as PAKER.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 27 Jan 2014, 23:19

alnd please add these maps to list:
+ Jero's Horse-Pike-Sword
+ dicso's A Path Beyond and Leap of Faith
I deliberately did not add them , seeing as Dicso's maps are of poor quality AND he agres with that, and HPS is kinda too extreme - if we have too many maps then this one would be one of the first to delete anyway.
I played H-P-S with players like TianK, RaginBullet and more, AFAIK they liked the concept (also vovets/andreus), and is balanced in its terms.
It's a "special map", with a battle set up. Thank to andreus for also creating a new script command (delete hunger message).

Your "too extreme as to be added" is really awkward. The concept of map is enjoying a different style of fighting, even a competition could be done all around it.
The goal of map is not only having lots of fun, but also improve the micro & reaction from the participants... is quite hard to control as many units as fast as you can.

Where is Variety when there is no welcome to innovative concepts? But of course... Conquest for 6 and 8 players are firm candidates.
I hope you reconsider adding to list (or Lewin). My only little map... :'(

Still the most political resolution to "limited map pool" is delimiting a cupo x mapmaker, so diverse persons have a chance to include their works (obviously after a being examinated with balance/review issues). The days of many maps by few players is finishing -> bigger community = more mapmakers = limits x mapmaker.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Jan 2014, 04:03

HPS is a creative idea that can be lots of fun, however I personally don't think it should be included in the Remake. Please don't take this the wrong idea, Jeronimo! I'm not saying the map is bad, but it really isn't something special. There are merely units placed down on a blank map with a very basic script. It is something that can be easily replicated within a half-hour.

With our new file sharing via the lobby, it really shouldn't be a problem if this map is not officially included.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 Jan 2014, 04:32

HPS is a creative idea that can be lots of fun, however I personally don't think it should be included in the Remake. Please don't take this the wrong idea, Jeronimo! I'm not saying the map is bad, but it really isn't something special. There are merely units placed down on a blank map with a very basic script. It is something that can be easily replicated within a half-hour.

With our new file sharing via the lobby, it really shouldn't be a problem if this map is not officially included.
The placement of units is not "random", there is a mathematical distance and soldier type distribution which cannot be achieved in "half-hour".
Looks that simple, but took more time in my copybook to hit the best design (there were more ideas which I had to discard).

I don't get the isn't something special. Is special something that is "complicated"? Can't something "simple" be special?
How special are going to be the next chosen battle maps, according your criteria?

I know HPS will become popular among the "numerous players" -> my intuition feels it.
The map is a sort of training field, you don't see in other battle maps.

----------------------------------------------------
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo

Return to “General / Questions”