Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Idea for a multiplayer map

<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 Jan 2014, 21:47

Idea for a multiplayer map

I have an idea for multiplayer map. When you begin your game you start with a unit and you can explore the map. But after every few seconds the terrain that you discover becomes black again. (so you have a less change to meet other units). When you think you found a good place to build a city you put your storehouse on that spot. It will be directly build and you get wares, serves and builders and you can start building.

I think this is an good idea because you can play one map totally different every time you play it. I think you can make this also with dymanic script. I like to see such map in the remake.

What do you think?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Jan 2014, 23:21

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

That's actually a very unique and interesting idea! I like it :) (and it most certainly can be done with scripts)

I do see a big problem: The exploring phase is rather moot since you can just open up a map with the editor. Players will all just run to the best/their favorite spot each time. You'd need a map that the players don't know, and as far as I know, there is no way to assure that :?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Jan 2014, 23:32

I do see a big problem: The exploring phase is rather moot since you can just open up a map with the editor. Players will all just run to the best/their favorite spot each time. You'd need a map that the players don't know, and as far as I know, there is no way to assure that :?
Not to mention that players might build very close to each other without knowing... Would be hard to balance too.
Last edited by The Dark Lord on 13 Sep 2021, 14:16, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split post from ideas topic in half
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 Jan 2014, 10:29

Not to mention that players might build very close to each other without knowing... Would be hard to balance too.
New idea. It is not so orginally as the last one but it looks the same. You start with an unit to explore. But this time you need to find a storehouse. When you found one you can attack it and then it is yours.

When you have a good place (enough buildspace, much recourses and good defend points) you will get a penalty (less wares, serves and builders). And if you have a less good place it is vice versa. Also when you choose your storehouse as fastest you will get a bonus ( extra wares or units).

I hope those problems are solved. There is ofcourse enough space between the storehouses and it is less a problem to know the map. I hope it that different to the maps that we already have to be orginally.

What do you think?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Jan 2014, 11:06

Oh I like that idea. So you mean there are 8 storehosues at the beginning of the game, that are all neutral? And then each player of a team has to "fight" for the best place(in his opinion) ?
However please think next time a bit longer about your idea, before you post it :mrgreen: In my opinion there are lot of problems: What, if two horses of the enemy team catches the horse of a player, who has no storehosue yet :P Is the game over then/Will he be respawned/will he get the "last not taken" storehouse,so he can´t choose?
What when the game starts? Will the map be again compeltly dark? While "searching" for a storehosue, one player of a team can scout the whole map out :P

What when the game starts? Will the PT be then activated, to not be able to attack with those single horses/Will the horse be deleted? (It´s not even possible to "let the PT start after a certain time/after a condition, I think)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 17 Jan 2014, 11:28

I like that idea, it's interesting! Maybe it fits better in Dynamic Scripting forum though?

As for problems that Pawel wrote:
What, if two horses of the enemy team catches the horse of a player, who has no storehosue yet
Maybe it would be good to make everyone in one team, buildings in other team (so that they can be attacked) and after everyone captures his storehouse, change alliances?
What when the game starts? Will the PT be then activated, to not be able to attack with those single horses/Will the horse be deleted?
PT problem is important, it can be solved by not setting PT at all. It would be an unique map, for sure. But it would be great, if an unit could move during the PT (is it possible by script?), then freeze or disappear after capturing a building.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Jan 2014, 12:14

But it would be great, if an unit could move during the PT (is it possible by script?), then freeze or disappear after capturing a building.
I think, it´s not possible yet, to set it for only a certain player/group. In games I played vs the ai (when pt was set) those players, couldn´t move and attack me because of pt, even when they had a command to attack me.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Jan 2014, 00:16

Re: Idea for a multiplayer map

I guess we could have some kind of command to enable/disable/set peacetime because I can imagine maps like this where you might like to have something happen before the building phase, for example a battle and the winner gets to pick the starting location first.

I'm not exactly sure how such commands should work though. Any ideas?
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Jan 2014, 18:29

Re: Idea for a multiplayer map

Maybe script, PTblock(true/false)?

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”