Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Paker discussion?

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Aug 2013, 14:27

Re: Paker discussion?

Then maybe drop the 'PAKER TEAM' name completely instead. Just write who made each individual map and that'll be enough.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Aug 2013, 16:52

@woloszek: I think that's what Pawel means. Dark Rock -> TSR is similar to Golden Cliffs -> Shadow Realm. (I don't think his post was useful at all though :P)
I just said that after he said that Golden Cliffs looks "similar" to Koczis´ new map and its funny because "The Paker Team"(NOT YOU WOLO :OPÖL) did the same some times.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2013, 18:10

War! War! War! This is what I love the most! (6) Maybe I won't have to leave this forum after this argue...
If you are talking about copying maps... I don't care. Modyfing need a vein too. Also some maps are better than originals. One exception: I won't forgive you what you did with Border River. Sorry guys, but Center Castle is... shitty. This definitely shouldn't be in Remake

To be honest team's name don't interest me neither. You can call yourself "Kartoflanka Team", or "Rubbish Team", I don't give a damn. But you are really naive, if you belive in what you say. Do you think that people will stop play in your maps after changing a name? THEY WON'T DO THIS! Quality of maps is much more important!
Anyway, "Paker Team" suggest that there is only one good mapmaker and some anonymous helpers, but that's your choice.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Aug 2013, 18:21

Quality of maps is much more important!
Lol!

No offense to the Paker Team, but since when do the randoms care about the quality of a map? They just don't give a shit. The important for them is that a map is easy. And there is no difficulty factor in Paker team maps... Look at Center Castle. You are right next to 2-3 stone mountains and you get 220 stones. Seriously?! Also these maps are usually terribly unbalanced. They just shitspam maps, because that's their hobby. Paker really don't mind criticism, for example:
Don't waste your time on North Bridge, it has parts from original maps in it.
Yes I do North Bridge.
I wrote :

"painted and folded again"
In my Team I have 6 "six" people, Yes I can and Yes I do it.
You wanted to write a "good luck"
Thx TDL ;)
(You can find it on the 9th page of the PAKER TEAM MAPS topic).

Really... I'd suggest you, woloszek, to quit the team, because your maps are of a way better quality.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2013, 22:56

Thank you guys for your words of appreciation about my map;). I am glad that I have a good reputation. :wink:

ChrisEggII very funny post hehe :lol:.
"Paker Team" suggest that there is only one good mapmaker and some anonymous helpers, but that's your choice.
I do not agree with that ... Luki is great at making scripts for maps. I love the missions, which are a challenge, and Luki always make it. The Viking did a great map of the campaign, and is further proof that I did not work with just anyone ... Recently,we have great collaboration with Andreus, and I thank you very much. Krom also helps in scripts (for map Sea Siege - Defense) - thanks! The Map Center Castle Looting script did Lewin - also thanks a lot. Now that so thank you all, it's also thanks to Kamykos that tests our maps and suggests new ideas. Center Castle Looting is a map for fun, because it has enough resources etc. I and Luki prefer when there is a lot of resources on the map, but equally to each player, but it is - as it is :). Personally, I think Paker has great ideas for maps. What is the difference between him and me? He can not long to do one map, but I can make the map even months, to hone one map. Sometimes as a corral Paker to work, then he can do something cool (you'll see in the campaign;)). Sometimes there are misunderstandings, but makes us different from others is that we can finally understand each other. Even today we focus on the campaign, and after that it's time for the earlier maps. I think further discussion is pointless. Thanks and sorry for my ugly english .. :wink: :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Aug 2013, 10:58

Thanks and sorry for my ugly english .. :wink: :)
This time, I will forgive you. Next time, I will remove all your posts.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 09 Aug 2013, 11:26

Offtopic: TDL, mind your trolling behaviour, thanks!

@Wolo: There is no problem with it I guess, as long as it is understandable (and it is :p)

Btw, when will you release the campaign? It has been delayed 6-7 months already.

<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Aug 2013, 11:41

I used translator and sorry for that :$ We already have a lot of missions, but a few we have left to do. We do not have time to test it, so when someone wants to test a few missions, then go ahead and write to us. Of course, the replay of the game and reflection - must be. :)
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 09 Aug 2013, 15:44

If you give it to me I'll do what I can ;)

<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 09 Aug 2013, 17:47

Re: koczis12's maps

I have not written on behalf of the team, but in own name. That's why I do not understand why he (Pawel95) referred to the whole team? Koczis nothing copied, accusing him nothing, he made another good map. So? :rolleyes:

Maybe first think, then write.
Ok, you are in the Paker Team, so I accord to the copy of the team.
All of the maps that are in the remake v 5503 are not copied.
woloszek, the best example is North Bridge. We didn't even have copy-paste, Paker still copied at least 50% of the map, from original maps. Not to mention there were other maps, back in the day, like that.

And the best one for copying your previous maps is The Same Rocks. It is the extension of Dark Rock.
I never knew how to make maps. It was in January 2012. North Bridge was my first map. The Same Rock is part of the Dark Rock. Dark Rock created myself. Is the Same Rock is worse map? Answer NO.
Then maybe drop the 'PAKER TEAM' name completely instead. Just write who made each individual map and that'll be enough.
Team name comes from the nickname of the founder. The word TEAM means that the team is a few people. "PAKER Team" is recognizable.

Everyone knows that TEAM PAKER a few people. Do you have a problem with it is your business/problem.

EOT

Bye

Fixed a triple post
~TDL
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Aug 2013, 02:31

If anyone cares for my two cents, I would say that I, personally, would disagree with calling a team, clan, company, etc. after my name.

But I don't think that it is wrong. Many large companies are named after their founders, such as Adobe. Paker team is, as Paker said, after it's founder. No problem in that; as long as his teammates agree.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Aug 2013, 15:01

If you give it to me I'll do what I can ;)
Bence - PM :wink:

Return to “General Chit Chat”