Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Those who are jerks and why they would be

<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:50

Those who are jerks and why they would be

Report players who are not playing nice, disconnecting all the time and who are selfish.

If I am the host of a game then I try to just play like most want it, if one guy wants no peace time then screw him cause the other seven do want peace time.

Czentovic [TRK]
Insisted to have no peace time.
And insisted to start over while some of us told him there was no time.
I left and let him be the host, I just thought screw it, we were playing for like an hour or so and he wants to start over?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:57

I think the reason why they disconnected should be added..
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 22:49

Yes but I posted their names different from Czentovics name.
It is intended to be there to let them explain themselves(If they post on this forum.).

A good possibility for Lord Stronghold would be the late hours.
He is Russian(at least +1 from my place). That and him not showing up afterwards were reasons for me to think he just went to bed.

Same for Mordor.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 23:16

There are always disconnections, especially in 8 players game, then you have to save, go back in the lobby, and wait for him and send the save.

"Those who are jerks and why they are"
These persons are the players that keep the game running in this case, not those who leave.
If you did restart the game and they didn't come back, forget what I say above.

Maybe they had an internet disconnection and they couldn't come back, maybe. .. lot of things.
No need to do a "public blacklist" which can be totally wrong and make people being kicked everytime for no reason.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 23:37

I'd like to delete my post for I now see why this would be inappropriate.

I myself have never had any internet problems during games. Well, I once had but that was when they had hit the internet cable down the street while improving the road, but I had nothing to do with that.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 23:55

Yes but for exemple I don't have a very stable internet, so I often disconnect, then I can rejoin, but for that the people in the game need to save and recreate the lobby, I understand it's annoying sometimes, but that's really not my fault.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Nov 2011, 01:14

There is truth in what you said about Czentovic, as I've played with him myself and he kind of ruined our game because he decided he wanted to play another map, so he just screwed with his village and the game pretty much became a 2vs3.

HOWEVER, if you are going to blame ANYONE for the disconnections, it should be me because I haven't written the auto reconnect code. And you cannot expect people to post here when they have their own Russian/German/Hungarian KaM forums to write on. If you have a good reason to believe they intentionally left (e.g. if they said "I don't like this map much, bye") then that's okay, but otherwise it's almost certainly not their fault! Packets can get lost while travelling from Australia to Russia to Germany to America after hours of play. Even if only one in a million packets is lost that's enough to cause a disconnection over a few hours. This might happen because they have a lower quality internet connection, but it can happen to anyone especially when the server is further away. You should not discriminate based on this.

The correct thing to do when someone disconnects unexpectedly (in my opinion) is to save the game, return to the lobby, send them the save (upload it to a file sharing site or send it via Skype or something) then continue playing. This is what I always do when I'm hosting a game and it works well.

Also, Lord Stronghold is a good guy (I've played with him) so I'd hate to see his name in bad repute.

Please remove the people who disconnected from your post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Nov 2011, 01:55

Lewin, I wish all of us were as wise as you. You are always saying the "right" thing. :)
Also, Lord Stronghold is a good guy (I've played with him) so I'd hate to see his name in bad repute.
I've played many good games with this guy. I beat him every time, but he never said anything mean, and he enjoyed playing me because he wanted to improve. Now that is a sign of good character.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Nov 2011, 09:41

If you have a good reason to believe they intentionally left (e.g. if they said "I don't like this map much, bye") then that's okay, but otherwise it's almost certainly not their fault!
I must disagree here. I think it's not all that hard to just join the room again and restart. It takes you <5 minutes when done efficiently. It's still them (or Czentovic on this occasion) who don't rejoin and therefore leave while the others keep waiting.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 06 Nov 2011, 10:54

And I must disagree with you, he didn't leave, he just joined and didn't select ready until we would have given him what he wanted, which we didn't.

He was just being a total jerk.
First he was determined to have a certain map, most people didn't mind that, neither did I, so we would play Land of Hills.
Then my teammate selects loc2(which I think of as the best location). I wanted to select location 3 but that spot was occupied by Czentovic. My teammate picked loc2 before Czentovic selected loc3.
Czentovic started commanding my teammate to pick another starting position so his teammate could select location 2.
The two started arguing and I told Czentovic that my teammate picked location 2 before he picked location 3. Then he started arguing with me. I told him that I didn't want to argue and told him to either pick another location or I'd kick him.
He didn't listen so I kicked him, which might seem selfish but he was preventing from getting things clear.
Then he rejoined and took forever to click ready, he was continuously saying we shouldn't have peace time. I told him that I was the host, he'd either play by my rules or play elsewhere. He finally selected ready and we could begin.
Then my teammate disconnected and everything started over but this time with the eight player map.

Long story short: He wanted everything to be his way or he would ruin the game, which he eventually did.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 06 Nov 2011, 11:02

I must disagree here. I think it's not all that hard to just join the room again and restart. It takes you <5 minutes when done efficiently. It's still them (or Czentovic on this occasion) who don't rejoin and therefore leave while the others keep waiting.
I think you misunderstood me. What I was trying to say was if they leave half way through a game because they decide they don't like the map or built their village wrong or something stupid like that and ruin the game for everyone, then that's wrong and it's okay to "black list" them here.
But if they disconnect randomly then that's obviously not their fault.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 06 Nov 2011, 11:05

wait you guys, there is a difference between having to wait for someone and then find out he disconnected and someone just disconnecting.
We had to wait for Lord Stronghold to disconnect but Mordor just disconnected without having us to wait.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 06 Nov 2011, 16:37

wait you guys, there is a difference between having to wait for someone and then find out he disconnected and someone just disconnecting.
We had to wait for Lord Stronghold to disconnect but Mordor just disconnected without having us to wait.
That does not mean he disconnected by choice. It just means that the connection to the server was dropped instantly, which can happen even when it's a random disconnect. The is currently no way to tell whether someone quit via the menu or disconnected, but we will probably add this in the future. So please don't discriminate based on this either.

Regarding Czentovic: That's similar to what he was doing in our game, I agree that he is a jerk. But in this case we didn't choose the map he wanted so he just messed about and didn't build a proper village. He hadn't made a barracks after 1:30 and so I was defending our village on my own.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 06 Nov 2011, 16:46

did you win?
<<

CuDi

Scout

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Nov 2011, 00:53

What if some sort of system was developed when you're in the lobby you can set the amount of peace time in a game and until that time expires you cannot produce any troops. Or if you troop attacks someone/something a trigger is activated and the soldier is instantly killed? Couldn't agree more about stronghold. Always pleasant playing with him.

I very often find my latency (ping) reachs up to the 400 - 600's since I live in the U.S.A. But I usually never have any issues with disconnecting, nor do I face too much lag.. I'm assuming the majority of the servers are in Europe, which would explain my lag.
(BarbariansRule)

Return to “General / Questions”