Storehouse

<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Jul 2013, 10:03

Storehouse

The storehouse,

You can deny certain products brought to the storehouse, so the wood go elswere or the stone goes to a storehouse close to your towers~

Now i had an idea to add a function that would order the serfs to equally spread the goods over all your storehouses. (sounds silly and not functionable but still, handy with food)

i.e. In the map 'Besieged!' you have a castle/fortress and a small village which is not yet connected. Just as in the old days food was always produced outside your castle/fortress and than stored in your castle when the enemy came to besiege your castle.

This is mostly impossible in this map because you also need food to feed your villagers and the troops you have outside your castle, to protect your village. If there would be a setting like 'every other bread/sausage/wine produced goes to the other storehouse' you will have food inside your castle and outside castle.

To work this out i think the storehouses first need to be reconized as 'storehouse 1/storehouse 2' for the serfs to know the patern they bring the (in this case) breads.

Any thoughts on this idea ?
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Jul 2013, 10:21

Re: Storehouse

something like a green triangle in the corner of every product that means store this product here only
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 24 Jul 2013, 10:59

@Skypper: Why not just mark other storehouses with red triangle, so that the ware is naturally brought only to this one Store?
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 24 Jul 2013, 11:45

haha yeah that is possible to xD
stupid from me
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 24 Jul 2013, 12:28

@Skypper: Why not just mark other storehouses with red triangle, so that the ware is naturally brought only to this one Store?
I don't understand this, you mean to switch the program 100% ? now the red traingle's say "don't store this product here" but then it will be "store this product only here" (and all other products devided over all the storehouses i own) ?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 24 Jul 2013, 13:04

I mean that you can block wares to all the storehouses except one. Then the ware will be brought only to that storehouse.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 24 Jul 2013, 13:15

hmm okay, but that's not what i meant.

now the serf will take the product to the nearest storehouse (asuming the product is not needed in any way).

i.e. the butcher

3 sausages 3 serfs will come and pick them up and then they will take them each to a different storehouse (assuming you have 3 storehouses spread across the map AND connected with roads ofc.)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jul 2013, 15:10

Just micro the bloc/unblock so that the wares are balanced according to your taste.

Unless you are playing a gamemode that requires you to collect a certain amount of wares, storehouses are utterly useless, so I, personally, don't see much use in this idea :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 24 Jul 2013, 15:10

You should NEVER have more than 1 storehouse, so this is a meaningless topic imo.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 24 Jul 2013, 15:12

What if you want to play a singleplayer map where the goal is to make a huge nice city ? what if your goal isn't to always play competitive multiplayer in which it is bad to have enough food and multiple storehouses ?
I'm sorry bence, but saying its an useless topic was really quite quick of you because you think that the only way to play KaM is fast multiplayer.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jul 2013, 15:26

Shadaoe has a valid point because not everyone is playing multiplayer. Still making a large city in singleplayer will still be more productive without storehouses, but some players might like to horde their wares :)
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 24 Jul 2013, 16:45

Indeed, I would certain use this function if it was available I mostly have enough food to atleast over come a siege (100 bread/wine mostly a little less sausages) and not enough time to spent on micro'ing my storehouses.

I'm not a 60 min. game player, we (my friends and I, playing LAN) mostly play games from 3 or 4 hours (x3 it is 1:00 or 1:20 when the game finishes) Sometimes even longer~

Just because you don't use the storehouse it doesn't mean everyone shouldn't use their storehouse~
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jul 2013, 16:49

Well not using your storehouse is better. If you stopped using it, you would already be ahead of your peers in your LAN party ;)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 24 Jul 2013, 16:52

If he likes to have a good amount of food in storehouse which actually makes him be able to feed a larger army, what's wrong with it ?
Plus in this case his idea would be good, to spread the amount of wares (here food) between storehouses as an option. So that there are less traffic jams when he feeds his soldiers.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 24 Jul 2013, 17:10

Shad, you are going way too negative on me I think.
What's the problem? I do play singleplayer sometimes, and I do have big cities (well, I am "speedrunning" so I usually focus more on microing the starting soldiers to take out as many enemies with them as possible). But I never needed to have more than 1 storehouse. Because:
- I don't store stones. Takes way too much serfs capacity and creates traffic jams. Totally unnecessary, if you have enough serfs your towers will always be filled.
- I don't store timber/trunks/iron bars/gold chests/ores/coal/corn/skins/pigs/tanned leather/weapons. Of course the last one is obvious. The rest is because I always use them. If you have spare timber, you can always expand faster, or if you don't want to, you can produce more wooden weapons. Trunks/iron bars/gold chests/ores/coal/corn/skins/pigs: storing is just stupidity. You will use them up anyway, so if you let your serfs bring it to your storehouse you will only lose precious time which could be spent on delivering other stuff/feeding soldiers/filling towers etc.

So we end up in having the storehouse only opened for food. I guess that is something which is "affortable" with serfs capacity and such. And also note that if you block all the unnecessary stuff, your storehouse will be much much much less used than you would see it if you don't block anything.
So that there are less traffic jams when he feeds his soldiers.
You can always reposition your soldiers before you feed them. And it doesn't take longer than 1 minute (if we are talking about 1 group ofc). And if you don't camp, you won't have such problems :P But that's another story, everyone goes by his taste (in singleplayer at least).
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”