Co-op game with my friend against AI?

<<

Hurricane King

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 09 Jul 2013, 08:14

Co-op game with my friend against AI?

Hi everyone!

We've played a few games already (on various maps from various categories) and we've noticed, that AI is either not building an army, or it has an army since the beginning of the game. Is there a way to play a Co-op game against normal AI as we know it from Age of Empires for example?

Thanks in advance!
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Jul 2013, 08:58

Re: Co-op game with my friend against AI?

Not yet, because the Remake's AI is unfinished (for now). And atm the project mostly focuses on the right multiplayer balance, and as far as I know, AI programming is quite a hard job. So please don't be impatient, you can play co-op missions against AI's with finished bases, or either play with other players and the feeling will be the same as playing an AI without a village :) (Anyway it makes soldiers if doesn't have any given, but needs some sort of "scripting", which can be done either in the Remake's MapEd, which also allows you to tell the AI to make defence positions for itself, or Lewin's mission editor).
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 09 Jul 2013, 15:50

(Anyway it makes soldiers if doesn't have any given, but needs some sort of "scripting", which can be done either in the Remake's MapEd, which also allows you to tell the AI to make defence positions for itself, or Lewin's mission editor).
(by the way, it's quite easy to do so... I've already modified Across the Desert and Cursed Ravine so that AI players would make an army and attack other players, so that I could play co-op with my sister :D )
(only thing that bothers me is that I seem not to be able to "convince" the AI to attack other players when it is set to automatically manage defense positions... if I want the AI to attack, I have to manually set a few "backline" positions; also, I can't understand why it still does not attack unless I tick the "send all" box on the right of the Attack Event window...)
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 11 Jul 2013, 09:31

I can't understand why it still does not attack unless I tick the "send all" box on the right of the Attack Event window...)
I believe that you need to describe the exact number of soldiers and the exact number of groups. At least that is how I make the AI attack.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 11 Jul 2013, 13:52

I can't understand why it still does not attack unless I tick the "send all" box on the right of the Attack Event window...)
I believe that you need to describe the exact number of soldiers and the exact number of groups. At least that is how I make the AI attack.
Uhm... in the map I tested this on (a modified Across the Desert where one of the player starts with 2 free troops of each type) setting the number of men to 0 and the number of Cavalry units to send to 1 makes the AI send away both cavalry troops, one to a target and the other to another target :?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 11 Jul 2013, 13:59

Uhm... in the map I tested this on (a modified Across the Desert where one of the player starts with 2 free troops of each type) setting the number of men to 0 and the number of Cavalry units to send to 1 makes the AI send away both cavalry troops, one to a target and the other to another target :?
The 2 free troops are 2 groups of 1 units or 2 groups of 6/9/12/15/20 units ?

Asuming the 2 groups are both 12 units large (total of 24), I suggest you fill in 2 groups of 'mounted' units and men quantity at 24.

if you want 1 group to attack you fill in 1 group of 'mounted' units and men quantity at 12.

See if that works,
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 11 Jul 2013, 14:25

Every troop consists of 8 men.

Set it to send 8 men and 1 cavalry troop, nothing changed.
Set it to send 16 men and 1 cavalry troop, nothing changed.
Set it to send 8 men and 2 cavalry troops, nothing changed.
Set it to send 16 men and 2 cavalry troops, nothing changed.
Checked if the map I was modifying was the same I was testing... :rolleyes:
(It was the same)
Set it to send 8 men and 1 antihorse troop, nothing changed except that the two troops that have been sent were the two Pikemen troops.

Attached it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 11 Jul 2013, 19:55

Every troop consists of 8 men.

Set it to send 8 men and 1 cavalry troop, nothing changed.
Set it to send 16 men and 1 cavalry troop, nothing changed.
Set it to send 8 men and 2 cavalry troops, nothing changed.
Set it to send 16 men and 2 cavalry troops, nothing changed.
Checked if the map I was modifying was the same I was testing... :rolleyes:
(It was the same)
Set it to send 8 men and 1 antihorse troop, nothing changed except that the two troops that have been sent were the two Pikemen troops.

Attached it.
Try my attachment ;) Also, the 'delay' is in seconds so 3600 = 1 hour, 7200 = 2 etc.
I've given all the AI 3 melee, 3 anti horse, 3 ranged and 3 mounted positions. They all set up as groups of 12 (144 in total) after 3600 seconds each AI will repeat attacking with all his units to the closest house so be carefull :P

Just open the map editor and see what i changed.. Or play the map.. :3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 12 Jul 2013, 12:48

Tried in a 3 hours long game (x300 is a great testing tool :P ), the AI never attacked... I think it does not attack until it has the required men. :(
Anyway, thanks a lot for redoing the military settings! :D
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 12 Jul 2013, 15:06

uhh, wel yeah i don't know how fast the AI will train it's troops, but yeah they wait until they have exactly the amount of troops you order them to use for an attack (in this case 144). You can set each AI to attack with 2 groups of melee, anti horse, ranged and mounted troops and set the number of men to 8x12=96 this will surely shorten the time they need to train troops and launch an attack. same goes for setting them to 1 group of melee, anti horse, ranged and mounted troops and set the number to 4x12=48..

Play with it :3
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 12 Jul 2013, 17:03

WhiteWolf, just a reminder, for the attacks, only troops on the back line defence positions count. Soldiers on the frontline don't.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 12 Jul 2013, 17:18

WhiteWolf, just a reminder, for the attacks, only troops on the back line defence positions count. Soldiers on the frontline don't.
In the map he attached, every troop is set as backline.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 15 Jul 2013, 09:39

I make a lot of maps, just don't post them on the internet because i then would make a fool out of of myself ;P besides i adjust already existing maps like this one instead of building one from 0.

I rethought the co-op map and i think the 'equipment rate' is set to high. Maybe if you adjust it to 30 for iron and 60 to leather they attack sooner.

To play a good co-op map with your friend you could also play the map 'a farmers wish', which is already 'programmed'.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Jul 2013, 13:57

I make a lot of maps, just don't post them on the internet because i then would make a fool out of of myself ;P

Good idea! I made a bunch of maps in a hurry when the Remake was still young and there were not many maps to chooses from. I wish I never uploaded them, because now I can't take them off, and I am forever shamed by those awful maps :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 15 Jul 2013, 14:38

I make a lot of maps, just don't post them on the internet because i then would make a fool out of of myself ;P

Good idea! I made a bunch of maps in a hurry when the Remake was still young and there were not many maps to chooses from. I wish I never uploaded them, because now I can't take them off, and I am forever shamed by those awful maps :P
Haha yeah well i don't actually create new maps, i adjust already existing maps and make them so that an AI player could fill any location and attack occasionally. So nothing original and would be lame to post a map from someone else under my name >.<

Maybe later~

Return to “General / Questions”