Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Watching the game whitout fog when you are death

<<

The Duke

Post 06 Jul 2013, 10:00

Watching the game whitout fog when you are death

It would be nice for when you are death you can see the complete map and watch the game whitout the fog of war. probably its the best thing if whisper and teamspeak gets disabled then to make sure you won't tell your team everything and you can be banned easely.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Jul 2013, 10:58

Re: Watching the game whitout fog when you are death

How do you want to disable Teamspeak after dying? How do you want to prevent people using other means of communication? I can always call my teammate by phone and tell him what I see, if other means of communication will fail :D So, there's no way you can make this happen.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 06 Jul 2013, 11:59

Code:
procedure OnPlayerDefeated(aIndex: integer); begin Actions.FogRevealAll(aIndex); end;
That's all.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Jul 2013, 21:53

Yeah, but not everyone wants to put that script in their maps (also, that'd interfere with other scripts). In addition, I'm asuming that would reveal the entire map for the whole team, which would be silly.

Disabling teamspeak would just be ridiculous. There's no way to prevent people from cheating via forms of communication.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Jul 2013, 22:13

Yeah, unfortunately revealing the map before all other teams are defeated makes cheating too easy. I think we could reveal the map for everyone after all except one team is defeated (so when a team wins), and maybe also add a "resign/surrender" option so you can end the game and view the map without having to actually destroy the enemies' villages.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Jul 2013, 03:16

...and maybe also add a "resign/surrender" option so you can end the game and view the map without having to actually destroy the enemies' villages.
Yes! Another thing that I've wanted for a while. I didn't think anyone would support it though. Maybe I was wrong? :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Jul 2013, 07:53

Well, idd noone would support.

Giving the opportunity to players to just "surrender" after they have lost the first big battle...
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 07 Jul 2013, 11:38

Yeah. I posted here the idea to "open" the whole map for the whole team, but only when this team win the game!
It doesn´t make sense to "open" it only for on player, why the players should go "one step back" and disable Teamspeak or sth like that :D I think disabling fog of war for all players in that team, that won is the best thing.(100 other games working like that aswell and it works perfectly-Only not sure if the looser team shouldnt be able to see the whole map after a loose also, because in KaM the looser team can check it after the game with the replay, so doesn´t matter :D )
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 07 Jul 2013, 12:17

Well, actually the FwF script has that feature. Once the game is over, the map is revealed. Interestingly, this was requested by Krom :D
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 07 Jul 2013, 16:27

Well, actually the FwF script has that feature. Once the game is over, the map is revealed. Interestingly, this was requested by Krom :D
Well thats like I said really nice, but the topicstarter wanted a revealed map when you are death(that doesnt mean your whole team is dead) so thats the imporant difference :wink: :D

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”