Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Serfs defending themselves (peacetime removal solution)

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Jun 2013, 14:15

Re: Serfs defending themselves (peacetime removal solution)

Traps are better for games like Stronghold. No traps belong in KaM, in my opinion.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Menszu

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jun 2013, 19:03

Agreed, I'm also against traps.
As for street-police force, I fear you'd have to have at least 20 to have an effect. And 20 guys walking around randomly make a lot of trafic, and a big problem feeding them - since as I understand they would go to eat at an inn like civilians, without asking for players permition : D

So, to make things as simple as we can, perhaps someone sugested it already:

Just implement the townahall the way it is orginaly, exept for militia. And prevent those units from walking outside your base - like (20?) tiles from your buildings.

Optionaly - Still you might get problems when someone rushes a militia before you even get a townhall, than allow training of rebel in school. I guess since it would be only defensive unit it wouldn't hurt nobody.
Option 2 - only restricted rebels, only in school. No townhall.
Or other variations. Like restricted rebels in both school and townhall, and other units acting as normal. (than we can have also militia there, I see nothing wrong with two ways of gaining that basic unit)
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Jun 2013, 19:27

Just implement the townahall the way it is orginaly, exept for militia. And prevent those units from walking outside your base - like (20?) tiles from your buildings.
I once recommended this before peactime was even implemented, but it was quickly shut down because of how unrealistic it is...
It's a pretty annoying limitation though. To be honest, peacetime is a better solution.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 29 Jun 2013, 07:51

with smart micro i am sure that there can be problems with this, such as 1 militia atacking serfs, runnig through town so that they dont work and trying to attract as many serfs chasing him as possible which will slow the economy down to a halt, atleast that is what i would do.(keep that militia alive for as long as possible. A battle of who has the first xbow :) is also predictable as iron is faster than leather
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 29 Jun 2013, 07:56

most games with no peacetime solve this issue by placing some sort of a structure that will shoot all enemy usints at quite a range (the outpost for example) so that the enemy has to gather a nice ammount before attempting to rush, as this will not result in who is going to have first militia gaming. Of course this structure is always the players choise,if he wants it or not. Regular tower might just be too out of range to counter xbows or bow men, comming from expirience here.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Jun 2013, 08:14

My idea was that serfs would attack enemy only when passing by, once there's no enemy on near tiles - keep on working as usual.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Jun 2013, 13:58

My idea was that serfs would attack enemy only when passing by, once there's no enemy on near tiles - keep on working as usual.
The militia could still walk away slowly, thus succeeding in his method of distracting. I think that if a serf was on "provoke mode" he should stop being provokded if any of three conditions are met:
1: Militia has died
2: Militia has walked out of the serf's "range"
3: Serf has walked (a certain amount) of tiles away from the road

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”