Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

MP countdown

<<

šmoula

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:25

MP countdown

Before starting MP game, will be good 5seconds countdown with block changing possition/teams/colour of all players.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:49

Re: MP countdown

Alright, I think what you are trying to say is that it would be nice if there was a five-second countdown before the game starts? In this countdown, players cannot change their location, team, color, etc.

AoE has this feature and it is quite nice. I'm not sure that tis is actualyl needed in KaM; though, because there are far less options to be chosen in the mutiplayer lobby (e.g., no population cap, map revealed, all tech, etc. settings to select/not select).

If this was included, then the host would also need to have to press a ready button, because he'd need a way of stopping the countdown.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:54

I'm not sure that's necessary because you can't change anything after you press "Ready" (only the host can change stuff after that). What are your reasons for wanting the countdown? Are there annoy situations where players change things just before you start?
<<

šmoula

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Jun 2013, 12:07

when I need to write something on chat (e.g. good luck :-) )...Its not good to start immediately...the most other RTS game has this feature....
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jun 2013, 12:11

I'm not sure that's necessary because you can't change anything after you press "Ready" (only the host can change stuff after that). What are your reasons for wanting the countdown? Are there annoy situations where players change things just before you start?
The purpose is for a brief period to quickly check over the settings and confirm that they are correct. If they are not, then someone "unreadys" to stop the countdown.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Jun 2013, 12:12

Are there annoy situations where players change things just before you start?
That rarely happens... and since then, I have a habit of taking the host rights while waiting for people to ready up.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”