Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I Am Making a Mission.dat Editor

<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 28 Nov 2008, 14:35

I did the translations for v0.6 and sent it to you on 27 June. Since then I haven't received any more e-mail from you. It probably ended in my unwanted mailbox. If TDL doesn't mind I can do the translations for the following versions.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 28 Nov 2008, 15:30

Sure, no problem at all!

I noticed a few mistakes, by the way.
Error: Misssion does not contain \"!SET_MAP\". The data is corrupt.
Error: Misssion does not contain \"!SET_MAP\". The file is corrupt or not a valid Knights and Merchants mission file. \015\n
Possibly the file is encoded, in which case you should load it normally, not with \"Load Non-encoded File\"
Error: Misssion does not contain \"!SET_MAP\". The file is corrupt or not a valid Knights and Merchants mission file. \015\n
Possibly the file is unencoded, in which case you should select \"File->Load Non-encoded File\" from the main menu.
You spelled "mission" with three times a "s". :wink:

I will send it soon.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Nov 2008, 00:05

I did the translations for v0.6 and sent it to you on 27 June. Since then I haven't received any more e-mail from you. It probably ended in my unwanted mailbox. If TDL doesn't mind I can do the translations for the following versions.
Sorry, there was a misunderstanding. You can now take over the Dutch translation. See, you hadn't posted on this forum for ages and you didn't answer my emails so I assumed you were on holiday or something. I therefore asked TDL to do one translation for me while I was unable to contact you, and then I forgot about you all together. :)
But I am quite happy for you to do it, and so is The Dark Lord.

Next version I'll be sending you the translation instead.
Sorry for the whole misunderstanding.
You spelled "mission" with three times a "s". :wink:
Oops, fixed.

Any other feedback?
Lewin.
<<

harold

Knight

Post 29 Nov 2008, 01:06

Question: what's the roadmap looking like now?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Nov 2008, 01:33

Question: what's the roadmap looking like now?
Hmmm... Something like this:

0.8.5 - Where we currently are
0.9 - Will have troops and AI attacks on map, maybe some other features (late 2008)
0.9.5 - Will add extra features and fix bugs (early 2009)
1.0 - Will have all planned features implemented (early-mid 2009)
1.1+ - Will fix bugs in 1.0

Extra features I might do:
- Showing entire group (all soldiers) on map for troops and AI defence
- Not allowing you to place on unsuitable hills, trees, slopes, etc.
- Getting the help file translated

Other projects I might work on:
- Running another mission comp on my website
- Krom's remake
- Mission packages system
- KaM TPR for future patches (if we get the source code)
- My own life, writing software for money (I do a bit of that now)
I'm hoping I'll always have a free community project going, as I get a lot of pleasure out of helping people with things like my editor.

That enough info?
Lewin.
<<

harold

Knight

Post 29 Nov 2008, 13:38

Cool! Looking forward to the next version :D
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 10 Dec 2008, 17:31

I found a bug in the way you handle attack scripts. Currently if the first attack has a counter but the second one doesn't, the counter of the first attack is copied over also to the second attack (I'm assuming this only happens when you edit official missions as it formats the scripts the way your editor handles them).
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 10 Dec 2008, 23:47

I found a bug in the way you handle attack scripts. Currently if the first attack has a counter but the second one doesn't, the counter of the first attack is copied over also to the second attack (I'm assuming this only happens when you edit official missions as it formats the scripts the way your editor handles them).
Ah, I know how that one happened. It was when I was trying to make the original attacks in mission 2 TSK work. See, they set up all the values and then put out 3 lines of !COPY_AI_ATTACK, which will create 3 identical attacks. So therefore values were being carried over automatically from the previous attack. I think I need to make them reset if there is another !SET_AI_ATTACK_TYPE so that the bug you reported won't happen.

Thanks very much for reporting!
Lewin.
<<

V The King

Peasant

Post 08 Jan 2009, 06:46

Greetings,

I've downloaded the editor, and I think it's a very neat one. The scripting just fine, and the tree view has a plethora of buttons and options. However, I've ran across a fairly huge problem: for some reason, I cannot scroll through the map shown in the editor, and the background is not visible (only roads, buildings and units are shown). How can I remedy this issue?

Also, I could be willing to translate the editor into the Portuguese language in case I find myself with more spare time.

Cheers!

EDIT: I currently can't post the link to the image depicting how my editors looks like, hope I provided enough description to identify the problem.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 09 Jan 2009, 00:05

Hi V The King!
Thanks for posting, I'm glad that you like my editor.

I know what is causing your problem. The map is not loading, is it? You should be able to see the map underneath the units/buildings. This means that my editor cannot find the map file for the mission which you have opened.

There are two things that could be causing this:
1. You have not set the KaM directory setting properly. My editor needs to know where KaM is installed in order to load the map files. Click Options -> Set KaM Dir, and make sure that you have entered the path to the folder which contains KaM. (That is the folder which contains KM_TPR.exe, e.g. C:\Program Files\KaM - The Peasants Rebellion\) Please let me know what you have entered there. You may need to reload the mission in order for the map to display.

2. If the above instructions don't fix the problem, then the map you have selected does not exist. In the treeview, open Generic -> Map File. Then press browse and make sure that you have a valid map file selected. THE MAP MUST BE IN YOUR KAM FOLDER! So you can't select a map in My Documents, for example. If you read the help file (on the menu, press Help -> Help) then you might be able to work it out. There are instructions there explaining how to choose the right map file and where to save things.

Please let me know how it goes, and thanks for reporting this.
Lewin.
P.S. As for a Portuguese translation, if you are willing then that would be great! I will send you a PM with instructions.
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 17 Jan 2009, 13:28

found small glitch in the editor.
!SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS doesnt mean how much recruts are in the castle at one time but it's a multiplier (like WORKER_FACTOR)

So !SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS 8 will make less recruts then !SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS 4.
Prolly !SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS 1 will make recruts very fast (one after another)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 18 Jan 2009, 04:15

OMG! Thanks a lot for telling me that Nick!!!! I will fix it for the next release.

@Litude: This is why it hasn't been working for SR3! So now you know, we should be able to make it work. Try using 9, and that will be less. I assume you were assuming what I was assuming, that it is actually the number of recruits in the barracks. Now we know better, and we should be able to fix the "bug" of finding 500 recruits in the enemy barracks.

Thank you Nick!
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 18 Jan 2009, 11:04

Now that's weird, I guess a test map would be good to test this out. I just think it's weird how the first TSK mission limits the recruits of the yellow opponent to 1?
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 18 Jan 2009, 22:09

found small glitch in the editor.
!SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS doesnt mean how much recruts are in the castle at one time but it's a multiplier (like WORKER_FACTOR)

So !SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS 8 will make less recruts then !SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS 4.
Prolly !SET_AI_CHARACTER RECRUTS 1 will make recruts very fast (one after another)
nvm what I said. didnt test it enough. I tested with 2 different AI's and the castle of the one was further away from the school so he made recruts much slower.

But because its unclear like u said I made a test map. I tryd with 1 school, storehouse and barracks and these are the results of max recruts:
0: no recruts
1: 2 recruts
2: 3 recruts
5: 6 recruts
9: 10 recruts

So always the number+1 exept with 0. didnt test over 9

I also placed some towers to see if it would make a difference but no

im sorry for my previous too fast assumption :(

You say it doesn't work with SR3? what do you mean? I could look into it.
<<

harold

Knight

Post 24 Feb 2009, 18:32

Bug report:
If you're scrolling around the map by dragging om the mini map and some other program steals focus, the mouse "remains connected to the minimap" meaning that if you move the mouse you're still scrolling around the map even though an other program has focus

Return to “Other Creations”