Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

3v3 building map tournament starts on 10 june

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 May 2013, 17:52

Re: 3v3 building map tournament starts on 10 june

Guys no worries the "Across the Desert" alias "Three Continents" map has finally been removed from the tournament
by the way i still expect suggestions for a map to replace it for instance: iceline or swan hill

could you give me tips maybe?
why was it removed? because Ben said it was bad?
Please do not bring your personal problems with ben to a public place like this, as for the map selection it is up to zoltan and mercenary since it is their tournament.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 May 2013, 20:33

Did a little cleanup here in order to make the tournament more serious.

Is Three Continents going to be included, then?

I have spent a lot of time looking at this map, and I've concluded that the best setup is 6+2+3 x 4,5,1. Location 6 is terrible. Easily the worst on the map. I'd say location 1 is also very bad. These might balance, but 6 is still a bit worse. Location 2 is a great location. No problems building or defending there, so that might balance out location 6.

I've never played/seen a "pro game" on this map, so a lot of this is based on personal observations from the map editor.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 28 May 2013, 06:25

I would like to participate. If someone will take me on the team or form a team with me, that would be awesome :)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 May 2013, 07:25

Did a little cleanup here in order to make the tournament more serious.

Is Three Continents going to be included, then?

I have spent a lot of time looking at this map, and I've concluded that the best setup is 6+2+3 x 4,5,1. Location 6 is terrible. Easily the worst on the map. I'd say location 1 is also very bad. These might balance, but 6 is still a bit worse. Location 2 is a great location. No problems building or defending there, so that might balance out location 6.

I've never played/seen a "pro game" on this map, so a lot of this is based on personal observations from the map editor.

I disagree with weakliest loc6. That's an awsome location. I haven't play too much time there. At first sight seems hard and unfair, but if you play two or three times there and build huge base, you will see power of that loc. I remember those games what we are played on across, and location 6 wasn't under attack too much time...etc... But i agree to location 6 has another building structure as 4 or 5 or 1.

I think to need to open an across the desert discussion topic under the maps:) (i think there are 1-2)

I still have to say Across is good for an equal 3v3 game (mny epic games will be on it). MAybe somebody could make original building way script to this map also?

t
<<

awesome guy

Post 28 May 2013, 13:29

I think you need to specify the version of Remake that will be used for the tournament. Is it 4179?

This is what concerns me. Let me quote:

"Please don't post this link publicly, we don't want people to think this is an official release because it will probably have a lot of bugs. You can send the link to your friends privately if you like.
we are expecting to need to patch the release candidate multiple times before the final release
"

Did you read it before? Can you recognize this quote?
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 28 May 2013, 13:59

Ah, anonimity, or how to post a badly sarcastic post without being recognized.
Did you read it before? Can you recognize this quote?
The "Can you recognize this quote?" part is a good way to make the person you're writing to look stupid. The problem is that you're not writing to a stupid person, and I'm pretty sure Zoltan and mercenary know how to read, and they even know how to login and write in their name, not with an anonimous post to try to flame someone. In the end, that was just an useless part of your post while you could've just asked which version would be played.
Just saying.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 May 2013, 14:46

Have you seen the opening index page?
I think if the r5116 is secret then that opening won't be there. ;P
Anyway why not, the best test is an organized tournament. You will see there what kind of units are in the game mostly, what knid of errors comming up the most time...etc. and it will be rewatchable, because i think the replays will be uploaded here.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 May 2013, 16:02

r5116 is pretty buggy though. I'd almost support using r4297 instead, but then we wouldn't have scripting, new marketplace, farm patch, etc, etc.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 May 2013, 17:44

Good luck with the tournament Zoltan + Mercenary.
The chosen maps are nice and I also like the system of playing.

I think Across the desert would be good, but only top vs bottom, because it is harder to attack for the left side at right-left game, but thiiis is only my opinion :mrgreen:
<<

kvp291

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 28 May 2013, 19:54

Hello! Which time should be posted requests till?
<<

ZOLTAN

Axe Fighter

Post 28 May 2013, 21:04

what do you think guys about limiting the towers one player can build in the tournament to prevent towers spam?
this is a sensitive question that's why i need more peoples' opinion
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 May 2013, 21:25

About version, well I guess all those participants are beta testers :)
Like come on... 95% of games on v5116 haven't had problems, I wouldn't worry like that suddenly in this moment.

ZOLTAN, I think we should just play these 3v3 normally, with speeds x1, 60 PT, and no other rules (except something to decide initial locations between players).
----------------------------------------------------

Or last but not least, postponing tournament till next official version is out.
I'm sure it will have more improvements and it will reach a wider audience, tough still... I doubt any other teams will be a challenge for veteran players around.

1st place for the team who beats [I.G] ! :D
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 28 May 2013, 22:02

I'm sorry, but I can't participate in this tournament. Reason: Low skills. I'll ruin game for everyone, who will play with me in team.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 May 2013, 22:23

I'm sorry, but I can't participate in this tournament. Reason: Low skills. I'll ruin game for everyone, who will play with me in team.
I understand your point of view... is like, "Why playing when is kinda obvious who will be the finalists?"
This happens a lot with teams of 3 or 4 players. Typically the "veteran friends" will play together.

The best way to have a really "unpredictable tournament" is with singles or 2v2.
There the veteran players will be more scattered, and 1 good can support 1 average easily.

But beyond ZOLTAN's event... I doubt that there will be in future another 3v3 (for my reason above).
That's why I will play with my team. This 3v3 is "only once" competition IMO.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 May 2013, 23:02

Chris: if I had your point of view, I wouldn't participate as well. But winning isn't the most fun part of this game. I want to be in this tournament, just to play 3 fun games. Also, even if there are players a bit better than you, and you will lose, you'll make someone happy because he'll be able to say that he got at least a win in the tournament. Worse teams are also needed in this game - to fill the space, to make a surprise, to seek for their luck. And although Jero has a point with the obvious finalists, I'm happy to see 3v3 tournament as well - 2v2 makes the final stages less obvious, but 3v3 gives a better chance for unpredicted events, and makes the tactical maneuvers more important.

On the other hand - would that be possible to let teamless players write their applications here/in pm to ZOLTAN, so he would make a list of such in 1st post (just like in powah tournament)? This would really help teamless players to find their teams.

Return to “Tournaments”