Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

3v3 building map tournament starts on 10 june

<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 03 Jun 2013, 22:43

Re: 3v3 building map tournament starts on 10 june

Wow already 16 teams. And who are those last guys with Bot names? Russian, polish, dutch?

I agree that we could start first 2-3 weeks with RC3, and then move into the upcoming official release.
It will be almost the same, perhaps with some improvement, but overall the same feeling.

I'll be there on 7th June. It will be nice to see us all together. Wonder if TS will support so many logged in persons.
I smell trolls.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:23

Its nice to see that many teams already. Maybe we will reach 24:P

My first think when i heard about this tournament was: " i Hope no Across Desert"

But i see, this crap( for me, but for many other also i think) is again a Tournament map.

I dont like this map not for building problems, but for this 200 gold ore. Its bad joke and it wasnt changed. I played Across some games but most of them was a pain, when gold was end and still was 5-6 players in game.

Im sure, that if you will keep this map, 95% teams will eliminate this ap as first.

There are many other good map to replace.

PS. Long TIme no visited forum ;]
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:28

I agree with Luki ;/
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:38

Well just because a map is hard is no reason to not include it in a tournament; quite the contrary! However, my concern with Three Continents was because of balance, but others have posted that the map can actually be balanced, and from what I have studied, this seems possible.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 04 Jun 2013, 11:53

Im sure, that if you will keep this map, 95% teams will eliminate this ap as first.
No one will eliminate it, because this tournament doesn't work like the previous one - you don't choose the maps, they are randomly chosen before the game.

Ben, from now on I'll be referring to this map as to "The Yellowish Thingy", to spread even more confusion.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 04 Jun 2013, 13:41

I think same as Luki respect Across, even tough I won't argue anymore.
It's like people like 200 gold on mountains... What if those mountains had 100 gold? Would people still confuse "difficult" with "annoying"?
After 1.30.00 everyone will have to abuse market (run out of chests).

Well... if mountains had a little more gold, it'd be ideal... I think like 280 gold is ok.
My critics target to the belief that having to use Market early is synonymous of hard map.

To show better my point of view, I made the following divisions of map features.
"Difficult map": should be with few trees, few fishes, combo of arid/fertile grounds, twisted terrain space (focus on city planning).
"Annoying map": based on few gold, few coal, few stones (not renovable basic resources) -> forcing everyone to early market, yet slow trade rate = slow match.
Will need extensive bases (timber/farm recovery), in which case players with smaller terrain areas lose.

I repeat I don't care now, only problem with Across is the gold, but I won't have problems. :D
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 04 Jun 2013, 14:51

Well, annoying IS also difficult.
<<

Romek

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 04 Jun 2013, 14:57

Its nice to see that many teams already. Maybe we will reach 24:P

My first think when i heard about this tournament was: " i Hope no Across Desert"

But i see, this crap( for me, but for many other also i think) is again a Tournament map.

I dont like this map not for building problems, but for this 200 gold ore. Its bad joke and it wasnt changed. I played Across some games but most of them was a pain, when gold was end and still was 5-6 players in game.

There are many other good map to replace.

PS. Long TIme no visited forum ;]
You said that you are SURE that 95% teams will eliminate this map as first. Well ..I am SURE that you have no idea about what you are talking about. Also I recommend you to read tournament rules next time before you will post anything. I know most players here and they like that map so I am SURE that even if they will have possibility to ban map from the pool they will not do it. I talked with them and I can say that at least 5 teams have nothing against that map. If you want I can name these teams.
Can you name your 95% of teams ? If you cant please dont put random numbers here next time ....
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Jun 2013, 15:22

I think need more 'annoying' map.
and maybe should to create some map categories+definitions...not only 4-6-8-7-5-3-1-2P map:)
Because if annoying is difFficult, then should to make an EXAhard categorie alsoXD
<<

ZOLTAN

Axe Fighter

Post 04 Jun 2013, 15:28

we are going to make the 4 groups randomized with teams on 7 june at 8 CET on Team speak, everyone is welcome

We are also going to randomize the maps and locs for the group matches on ts that time as well

Actually we are going to fill in the matches table for all 3 group matches except for the time column
because it will be agreed by the two teams and they will have to send me the exact time via private message
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Jun 2013, 15:31

Romo only 5 teams? not enough ;P
The point is that there are better maps than that of which you do fight ... No need to argue. In my opinion it should be a vote of at least 10 maps. Each participant will give his voice and would not be a problem. Let's be happy the next tournament. ^ ^
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 04 Jun 2013, 15:32

yup, its my first post after long and i didnt read rules carefully. But it isnt change, that Across 200 gold make this map one of the worse. And maybe SURE is bad word, true. I should write "i think". But i only seen in the past few players playing Across.

Good map must have basic resources( gold, stone, coal) for 3 h+ game. Across have it for 80-90.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Jun 2013, 15:39

Good map must have basic resources( gold, stone, coal) for 3 h+ game. Across have it for 80-90.

Really?
hm... i think to there are some maps what should to modified some maps for good maps(for example tactical maps), but i disagree with this sentences sorry. Anyway doesnt necesarry too much resources for long game because nowadays the most games hold until 1:50. Rarelly longer because camp or other stuffs longer games...
I really think should to open a new topic for this maps discussion, because this tournament until now is mouth karate up on the Across desert and some other 3v3 mapsXD

t
<<

ZOLTAN

Axe Fighter

Post 04 Jun 2013, 15:47

On Across the Desert each location has 60 starting gold chest and has a mountain filled with 200 additional gold ore
this is this map's unique stuff that is good
we have a challenging map that is good as well
and you don't have to wait until you get out of gold you can attack your enemy and win the game before you are out of all that 60 + 200 gold
this is one thing why this map is unique
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 Jun 2013, 16:05

I'd like to add that 200 gold ore gives you 400 gold once processed. So that's 460 gold in total That should be enough for 90-120 minutes surely? Needing to conserve gold could create interesting tactics, leather/militia will be less favourable because that's "wasting" precious gold on cheap units.

Return to “Tournaments”