Map editor Issue/conflict

<<

godest

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 May 2013, 18:45

Map editor Issue/conflict

Hello!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i have some questions/issues i wonder if i can get resolved. Iv been working on a XXL multiplayer map for 4v4 or 2v2v2v2 for a good while now. The problem is now that i have finished the map i would like to setup start positions and such for the map (the ones that appear in game lobby - when you select position based on the minimap). But it seems Lewins mission editor cant handle the map size (editor crash on loading images on such map sizes). It also does not seem to me that you can place starting locations in the built in map editor or Kroms old map editor either.

But yet there is a map named Paradise island with that size, how did they work it out? Im just confused cause im so close to completing what i think will be a great additon to the map pool. Any suggestions or ideas? or do i have to wait until a new version of the editor is out :(?

Thanks in advance!

Ps. if i get it working il post the map on the forums for testing asap!
A mage is never late - Gandalf
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 May 2013, 19:33

Re: Map editor Issue/conflict

Well, if you have the newest RC, you can set starting locations in the built-in Map Editor to appear in the lobbies. You have to "center screen" at somewhere at start for each player. In all cases, it is centered at the storehouse. I don't know about the other thing, so I can't help. I hope the tip was useful.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 May 2013, 19:37

TDL probably did the scripting manually if he had to. You can use the builtin editor, but in RC version (it supports CenterScreen command). You could also, if you don't have RC and don't want to download it, ask someone to fix that for you.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 21 May 2013, 19:40

Ah, awsome! how can i get my hands on the RC :)? wanna get the map sorted as soon as possible for people to try it out :)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 May 2013, 19:47

Write to contact aaaat kamremake.com and ask for RC access, so they'll send each new RC link to your email address.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 21 May 2013, 19:54

Ah thanks, done :)! Hoping to get my map ready and maybe included in the latest Kam RC :)

here is a link to a screenshot of it (cant fit all into one picture, but ul get the idea)

Mediafire hosted just like my other pictures:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/43a7/9 ... 2z09fg.jpg
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 May 2013, 02:58

Or just set Lewin's editor up so it doesn't load the map. That should work, too.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 22 May 2013, 05:59

Got the RC now so i will set it up anyways thanks tho :)! Il post another thread once the map is uploaded and hope many of you would like to try it out :D! Its best suited for 2v2v2v2 but 4v4 could also work.

Return to “General / Questions”