Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Added description of the remake in Italian wikipedia!

<<

Gradius

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Apr 2013, 22:38

Added description of the remake in Italian wikipedia!

Hi, this afternoon I took the trouble to write a little remake of the Italian wikipedia, those who wish, may make a copy-paste it into their own language and add it to the wiki of their own language, so that those looking for this game and runs into wikipedia, it should be aware of the remake and all the changes and improvements made. To you the link! http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_and_Merchants

Translated by google: P
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Apr 2013, 03:50

Re: Added description of the remake in Italian wikipedia!

That's great, hopefully it helps some Italian KaM fans find the Remake :)
<<

Post 08 Apr 2013, 16:02

i do not know why but they have deleted everything ..
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Apr 2013, 19:32

Well :D Thats pretty normal at wikipedia. I also tried once to wrote a Remake addition on german and polish side, but you know. Every side will be checked of one wikipedia member. When they dont want/ dont agree with your text , they just delete it.

I dont know if you need a permission or be a special man to be able to write a wikipedia arcticle, but its really hard to see your edited page some days later, still edited from you :D
<<

Gradius

Farmer

Post 08 Apr 2013, 20:11

accurate, although I think it is wrong because if it really is a free encyclopedia that is not fair that accurate information be deleted ..
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 08 Apr 2013, 20:15

I think it's because you used opinions, for example "great mod", "much better than original", "the biggest expansion (mod?) in the history", also there's no point writing that new version will be released in 2013, in a few months/years this info will be outdated anyway. About the changelogs, maybe they don't like them at Wikipedia since they take much place and are not "encyclopedic" enough.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Apr 2013, 22:43

I think it's because you used opinions, for example "great mod", "much better than original", "the biggest expansion (mod?) in the history", also there's no point writing that new version will be released in 2013, in a few months/years this info will be outdated anyway. About the changelogs, maybe they don't like them at Wikipedia since they take much place and are not "encyclopedic" enough.
Ah, I didn't read your article before posting my message. Yes you're not allowed to write opinions on Wikipedia, you have to remain neutral and descriptive (to let the readers form their own opinions from what you've written) So even though it's true, you can't say stuff like "The KaM Remake is the best thing ever" :P You just have to say stuff like "The KaM Remake is a fan made recreation of the game which fixes bugs from the original game and contains new features such as online multiplayer." (I'm not even sure that's high enough quality, "fixes bugs from the original game" is quite vague)

Wikipedia has high quality standards, but that's not a bad thing, it just means you have to be careful with what you write for them.
<<

Gradius

Farmer

Post 08 Apr 2013, 23:01

I assure you that I have written in a more informal way possible, talking about the features introduced in the remake and the various modes of online play .. without opinions like "the developers have done well" or things like that .. forbearance
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 09 Apr 2013, 10:02

I actually google translated the "changes" before writing here (you can click on history and compare 2 versions of the article, so I could actually see what you added and what got deleted), and you used precisely what I wrote in my previous post.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Apr 2013, 13:37

Write article as registered user. They won't check this.

Return to “General / Questions”