SEARCHING Replay of won SP missions ;-)

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Apr 2013, 18:56

SEARCHING Replay of won SP missions ;-)

Hey guys,

You know Sp games are funny to me also in the KaM Remake. I try to rebalance TPR and TSK.
However I wanna also have many Sp maps for you all, that are balanced.

I have tried to win "Vortamic" and "To the capitol" = I can´t win both on them.

Vortamic

So when someone of you can win one of these missions in the KaM Remake (>r4296):

Pls post the uploaded savefiles here or send me a PN here on forum or just send me the replay via the KAM TS Server.

When noone will be able to beat these maps, maybe I need to search the map author, if I can rebalance the Maps.
This are really hard maps for sure, but it is doable in TPR, but in the Remake (with shield patch and not strong archers) it isn´t possible i think. Just send me your replay when I´m wrong at this side :lol: (H)

pawel95
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Apr 2013, 01:33

Re: SEARCHING Replay of won SP missions ;-)

Pawel, I never wanted Vortamic to be re-balanced because I wanted it to stay the way it was for the competition, so people could always replay it and decide if they agree with the placings in the contest; however, that was long before the days of the Remake, so my opinion has changed a bit. I may re-balance the map for the Remake, since it the mission is different from how it was in the original anyway.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Apr 2013, 09:33

LOL, so you made this map Ben? I thought it was a different Ben :o I also have like 2-3 SP maps from "matt", however this matt isnt our pink general, its just some unknown person and I never heard that you talked about this map, sorry than :P

Ok, so its definitly better when you would rebalance it. At least you also must say that its impossible to win this mission in the remake, right? :lol:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Apr 2013, 13:57

As of today, I am the only Ben in this KaM community. Anything on Lewin's website or the forum that mentions "Ben" is a reference to me. However, Most of my maps were made when I was 14ish, so some are very poor (Like Revenge, which was; unfortunately, included in the Remake).

I'll tweak Vortamic when I'm bored ;)
<<

Debaron

The Dukes of Burgundy Clan

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Apr 2013, 08:08

OMG... Now THATS what I call a challenging mission!! Hehe, I haven't won this one yet!! There's around 40 knights in my base after 10 minutes or so each time I've tried so far. I'm liking the challenge factor though!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Apr 2013, 03:00

I wasn't very good at scripting back then, so the AI won't attack after the first invasion due to a bug; therefore, the mission is easy after the initial attack.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 05 May 2013, 21:38

I started do this mission and I can say that this is impossible! When I first time saw this topic I thought "oh yeah, how can singleplayer mission be that difficult?" Now I know why there aren't any replays.
First attack is pretty easy (I lost only 4 swordsmen), but second... I totally have no time for prepare for attack of those great hordes. I found a tactic, when only ~30 horsemen are still alive, but this is not enough. I don't give up, so maybe I'll kick their asses tomorrow... or in June, after Matura exam.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 May 2013, 02:30

When I first time saw this topic I thought "oh yeah, how can singleplayer mission be that difficult?"I
Single player missions can be infinity difficult. The scripter can always give the AI a larger and larger advantage by giving the AI more starting troops, resources, etc. The problem with this is that it feels like a "cheap difficulty" because the only way the player survives is through the AI's "mercy" (by waiting to attack). I'd like to be able to make missions where it's you against a AI player building from scratch.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 May 2013, 08:56

When I first time saw this topic I thought "oh yeah, how can singleplayer mission be that difficult?"
Does that mean, you think I´m a total noob playing KnightsandMerchants for 4 days :? :| I wouldn´t post such a request here, when it would be just doable for everyone. I want to see if it is doable for ANYone :mrgreen: :D
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 May 2013, 07:11

You MUST rebalance it :D

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 May 2013, 08:12

On the same note, it would improve the Vortamic if AI troops would not have to walk through whole map causing pathfinding lags.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 May 2013, 15:34

You MUST rebalance it :D

LOL! Well put, Knight :lol:
On the same note, it would improve the Vortamic if AI troops would not have to walk through whole map causing pathfinding lags.
Back when I made this, I found it easier just to make the AI take a long walk in order to space out the time between attacks. It was a lazy, but effective way of doing it :wink:
Thanks for the tip; though, I'll fix this when I redo this mission.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 May 2013, 17:48

Would you be interested in partially fixing it for the next release? At least giving the player some more troops at the start should make it playable.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 May 2013, 19:10

Would you be interested in partially fixing it for the next release? At least giving the player some more troops at the start should make it playable.
This is a possiblity, but I like the start troop actualy, I would just decrease some Knights, because they are the most powerfull troops, espacially after the Shield change :-)

When you wanna rebalance it, you can send it to me Ben, would be nice to win this mission after that many triengs, and it should be just too easy in the new RC, it should stay the hardest mission in the remake, in my opinion :D :mrgreen:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 May 2013, 19:54

I'll work on it next time I get a free minute when TS is quiet. In return, could you make it so the KaM updated removes Revenge from the Remake folder? That map is an embarrassment to me. :$

At least remove the author's name. :P

Return to “Game replays”