Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Apr 2013, 17:13

Re: Scripting demo release candidate

Thanks!
Peacetime is intended change
Gamespeed - need to ask Lewin
Navigating with arrows list will be fixed )
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Krom

Post 06 Apr 2013, 17:15

we did a match on "Coastal Encounter Score" with 2 humans and 1 AI. One human lost all of his troops first. The moment his last fighter died, the server disconnected him.
Thats probably a coincidence, but we'll take a look into it. Thanks)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Apr 2013, 18:53

This isn't a bug report, but I love the multiplayer menu! I think that it is looking very professional :wink:
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Apr 2013, 19:42

Well ok but why you dont want to enlarge it for some certain resolutions or will it be at least makeable to switch between the 2 message systems? Or we won´t have any chance to get the orignal System back? :O Because I sometimes play on Full HD but somtimes on 1024x768 when I´m at my other computer and it looks really bad when you have a hole,where you cant do anything on :(

I just mean: when its possible at the Player Info Box:
KaM_Remake 2013-04-06 21-53-37-39.jpg
So why it isnt possible to make it for the chat also(which looks exactly the same) or for the normal message box? :D :D :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

H.A.H.

Lance Carrier

Post 07 Apr 2013, 00:26

Pawel, the graphic is stretched in your last screenshot. I really don't like the stretched image. Keeping the message area smaller will only help to prevent bloating the UI.

You can (not sure if it is also in this demo) drag the chat message vertically, to make it bigger on your screen.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Apr 2013, 00:31

@Pawel: There is a bug where you can't click to the right of message scrolls, we'll fix that. But I don't see much point in stretching them, that just covers more of the screen for no reason. The players tab needs to be large to fit all of the columns, but the chat and the message log don't really need the space. We'll consider making the message log wider if that makes it easier for translators to fit the messages though.

Not being able to set gamespeed in coop is a bug, but peacetime is intended, since it doesn't make sense in coop missions.
we did a match on "Coastal Encounter Score" with 2 humans and 1 AI. One human lost all of his troops first. The moment his last fighter died, the server disconnected him.
Sounds like a coincidence, unless that player's game crashed in which case we'll look at the crash report he should have sent.
The other I noticed is that archers became superslow and lost their value imo.. they just don't obey your orders because of reloading and stay in their positions, and mainly they die after it (arrows, attacking enemy or towers)... This is not good :x
Well this isn´t a bug, i think. Its just not a brilliant idea to fix the "cheating" with fast destroying of towers. So maybe we should think about an other idea to fix this "cheat", because you are right that you cannot attack with bowmen correctly and secure, espacialy when somewhere a Knight is waiting for them :D
Yes, bowmen and crossbowmen now have to finish reloading before they can do anything else, to prevent people pressing attack/move/halt repeatedly at the right moment to make them skip the reloading phase (increased their rate of fire by at least 2x, so quite a big exploit). Feel free to suggest another way to fix this exploit if you don't like our solution.

Thank you to everyone who submitted crash reports, those reports have been very useful to us.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Apr 2013, 01:07

@Pawel: There is a bug where you can't click to the right of message scrolls, we'll fix that. But I don't see much point in stretching them, that just covers more of the screen for no reason. The players tab needs to be large to fit all of the columns, but the chat and the message log don't really need the space. We'll consider making the message log wider if that makes it easier for translators to fit the messages though.

Not being able to set gamespeed in coop is a bug, but peacetime is intended, since it doesn't make sense in coop missions.
Sounds like a coincidence, unless that player's game crashed in which case we'll look at the crash report he should have sent.
The other I noticed is that archers became superslow and lost their value imo.. they just don't obey your orders because of reloading and stay in their positions, and mainly they die after it (arrows, attacking enemy or towers)... This is not good :x
Well this isn´t a bug, i think. Its just not a brilliant idea to fix the "cheating" with fast destroying of towers. So maybe we should think about an other idea to fix this "cheat", because you are right that you cannot attack with bowmen correctly and secure, espacialy when somewhere a Knight is waiting for them :D
Yes, bowmen and crossbowmen now have to finish reloading before they can do anything else, to prevent people pressing attack/move/halt repeatedly at the right moment to make them skip the reloading phase (increased their rate of fire by at least 2x, so quite a big exploit). Feel free to suggest another way to fix this exploit if you don't like our solution.

Thank you to everyone who submitted crash reports, those reports have been very useful to us.
Make them go through the reload animation, but do not force them to be planted into a certain possition, it really isnt necessary and inconvenient and if the animation was incomplete and the player takes a step back, the range will go through the reload animation yet again , and will only shoot untill the animation is complete, since now there can be a lot of trouble with range placement and fleeing from horses. If the range stops for a moment and is in range to shoot the horse, he will begin to shoot even though you want him to move out , and will result in late backing down which will result in death of the range unit.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 07 Apr 2013, 03:19

Make them go through the reload animation, but do not force them to be planted into a certain possition, it really isnt necessary and inconvenient and if the animation was incomplete and the player takes a step back, the range will go through the reload animation yet again , and will only shoot untill the animation is complete, since now there can be a lot of trouble with range placement and fleeing from horses. If the range stops for a moment and is in range to shoot the horse, he will begin to shoot even though you want him to move out , and will result in late backing down which will result in death of the range unit.
That's sounds like a reasonable solution. So bowmen will have an "IsReloaded" property. If you interrupt them before they finish reloading, next time they fire they will have to reload first. But if you interrupt them while they're aiming (after reloading but before firing) then they can go straight to aiming next time they fire (without reloading).

I agree that making the game less responsive to the player is a bad idea and should be avoided. Thanks for suggestion a better solution.

Actually I just thought of a problem with that. What if you move the bowmen away from the enemy while they are reloading then leave them sitting still for 5 minutes. Next time they fire they'll have to reload first. The player would expect them to have reloaded during the time they were sitting still. But it would look kind of odd if you moved your archers away from the enemy then when they finish moving they reload (the player will think they're about to fire, even though there's no enemies in range)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Apr 2013, 04:36

Well ok but why you dont want to enlarge it for some certain resolutions or will it be at least makeable to switch between the 2 message systems? Or we won´t have any chance to get the orignal System back? :O Because I sometimes play on Full HD but somtimes on 1024x768 when I´m at my other computer and it looks really bad when you have a hole,where you cant do anything on :(

I just mean: when its possible at the Player Info Box:
KaM_Remake 2013-04-06 21-53-37-39.jpg
So why it isnt possible to make it for the chat also(which looks exactly the same) or for the normal message box? :D :D :)
I agree with Pawel. Strentching it across the whole screen looks much better. I actually liked the old version way more because the void area to the right looks terribly sloppy and unprofessional to me. Is there way for me to implement the old image back into my game?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 07 Apr 2013, 04:56

Are you saying we should stretch it the whole way across on all resolutions? That would look pretty silly, since on large resolutions more than half of the panel would be empty. Not everyone has the same screen size, so what size do we stretch it to? At the moment the message panel reaches to 824px, which leaves 200px of space on 1024x768 (the "hole" or gap). But on my screen (1920x1080) the gap is a massive 1096px:
Obviously if we stretched the message to 1920px wide it would look silly, so we decided on a certain width and used that. The gap means more of the map is visible to the player which is a good thing. What do you suggest we do instead?

The players panel in multiplayer uses 1024px because it requires more space for columns, so on 1024x768 it uses the entire wide of the screen, but on my resolution there's still a large gap (896px).

Sure, you can get the old image back by exporting it from the last version of the Remake and putting it in a folder "Sprites" as 4_0409.png. But I don't know why you'd want to, the new scroll image looks awesome IMO :) (the old one was really grey and dull)
<<

Krom

Post 07 Apr 2013, 06:28

Ordering animals to walk from script would cause a crash. That will be fixed now )
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Apr 2013, 09:49

Wrrr

I don't see in editor "lookups views" e.g can walk, can build gold, coal, can build ... yes I now its in F11 but previous slide into the minimap was better. :/

and.... Change the view. I want the viewer "can build" have shown only those tiles that are bad. And not long areas of green tiles. Since the folding do not see anything.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 07 Apr 2013, 09:57

Wrrr

I don't see in editor "lookups views" e.g can walk, can build gold, coal, can build ... yes I now its in F11 but previous slide into the minimap was better. :/

and.... Change the view. I want the viewer "can build" have shown only those tiles that are bad. And not long areas of green tiles. Since the folding do not see anything.
Click on the message down the bottom left of the map editor, that lets you choose view options.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Apr 2013, 10:23

Wrrr

Click on the message down the bottom left of the map editor, that lets you choose view options.
Ok I see.. :) Thanks.. :P
There is a problem. Roads players are on the map. (Do not disappear when you turn off the preview of buildings).

A preview of "can build", "can walk" green overlay makes it difficult folding. Is it possible to change the intensity of the green? (Add slider, transparency)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 07 Apr 2013, 12:20

Well roads are not buildings so that's why they don't get hidden :P But we should probably have an option to hide roads/fields.

In what way does the green make it difficult? It seems ok to me because you have wires too so you can see the shape of the terrain underneath it.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”