Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Trading

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Apr 2013, 12:50

Re: Trading

I would love to support this Project, but I'm so sorry I dont have all day for arguing with theroetically anybody in the community on anything.
If this is wanted to get anywhere, there should rather be a kind of a team selected which does everything on their own, reporting results to the community regularly, receiving feedback from the community (which would be filtered through someone from the team). Like this I don't see this really becoming something.
Someone said its five years now that everything is being done. If that is really so, I would like to point out that this is a fact which clearly displays that the project is seemingly standing without any movement. And I'm sure one of the main reasons for this is the way the project is being developed.
That's completely ridiculous. If you think you have a good idea and you would like to see it implemented in the Remake, you must be ready to discuss your idea with others and defend it against criticism. You can't just walk in here and say 'Hey I have a great idea please implement it ok bye'. Do you honestly believe it would be better to have a 'team that does everything on their own'? A forum like this is great in that everyone can take part in a discussion, and everyone can express his or her opinion. It sounds like you want to be in such a team to insist on your own ideas. :rolleyes:
I don't know for how long this project has been running. But if you say it is 'standing without any movement', you seem completely ignorant. KaM Remake is a project run by only 2 programmers who spend their spare time to work on it; they don't receive any money except for some donations. Changes can be found here http://code.google.com/p/castlesand/source/list, and as you may see, there are changes almost every day. Yeah, no movement at all.
it just won't work out if someone who has none experience at all besides playing games comes in and sais like

What else would you need?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Apr 2013, 13:51

I would love to support this Project, but I'm so sorry I dont have all day for arguing with theroetically anybody in the community on anything.
If this is wanted to get anywhere, there should rather be a kind of a team selected which does everything on their own, reporting results to the community regularly, receiving feedback from the community (which would be filtered through someone from the team). Like this I don't see this really becoming something.
Someone said its five years now that everything is being done. If that is really so, I would like to point out that this is a fact which clearly displays that the project is seemingly standing without any movement. And I'm sure one of the main reasons for this is the way the project is being developed.
That's completely ridiculous. If you think you have a good idea and you would like to see it implemented in the Remake, you must be ready to discuss your idea with others and defend it against criticism. You can't just walk in here and say 'Hey I have a great idea please implement it ok bye'. Do you honestly believe it would be better to have a 'team that does everything on their own'? A forum like this is great in that everyone can take part in a discussion, and everyone can express his or her opinion. It sounds like you want to be in such a team to insist on your own ideas. :rolleyes:
I don't know for how long this project has been running. But if you say it is 'standing without any movement', you seem completely ignorant. KaM Remake is a project run by only 2 programmers who spend their spare time to work on it; they don't receive any money except for some donations. Changes can be found here http://code.google.com/p/castlesand/source/list, and as you may see, there are changes almost every day. Yeah, no movement at all.
it just won't work out if someone who has none experience at all besides playing games comes in and sais like

What else would you need?
i agree with the tdl, and have you ever programmed yourself? have you any idea how hard it is? a 2 man job developing the remake takes a lot of time. They also get so many ideas that if all of it get's implemented kam would be nothing more then a chaotic game wich is not fun to play. there is progress, but you probably did not do research and jumped to conclusions without even knowing what is going on.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Apr 2013, 14:52

In general I think it would be nice if the game was easier to jump into. But I agree with Siegfried, I don't think the starting resources are the real problem here. Running out of stuff isn't that easy to do. Maybe a few "casual" maps would be a good thing though. I'd also like to see more interactive tutorial using dynamic scripts (e.g. tells you when you're running low on food / gold)

Ravior, I'd like to point out that neither of the developers (Krom and I) have commented on your points yet, only other members from the community have. You have to accept criticism and discussion of your ideas, that's healthy and it could result in refining your ideas into something better. As developers of the KaM Remake get loads of criticism from people every day, yourself now being one of them:
Oh, so 18,000 downloads of the current public release, regular peaks of 80-100 players online and over 51 years of multiplayer player time is standing still? ;)
If you think you can do a better job of Remaking Knights and Merchants, please feel free to start your own project. If you want to give us feedback or suggestions, please be polite about it.
That team already exists, it's called Krom and Lewin. But we have limited time (most of our time is spend actually, you know, programming the game) and we get millions of suggestions through email, forum, Facebook, etc., so it's not always possible to reply to each one individually.

We use the community to get new ideas and feedback on our ideas. We never blindly accept something that the community suggests, we carefully consider it first. It's Krom and my project, we make the final decisions. But the community is invaluable to us in giving us feedback and new ideas which help us to make good decisions.

Someone really needs to split this topic.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Apr 2013, 20:28

And the almighty-Lewin comes in and tells 'em how it is ;)
Someone really needs to split this topic.
Nah, Ravior killed his own topic by being very immature and rude. I suggest the topic just gets locked.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”