The new notification system!

<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 31 Mar 2013, 07:30

The new notification system!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I do not like the current system of notification of an enemy attack. (Eg, if an enemy attacks a peasant or a helper for example in our village)

We have graphics observation towers. Time to do something with them. It was possible to use them. In this way, the following: helper who would sit in them and inform us that troops be seen from afar.

Discard the current notification system on the minimap and replace it with observation towers. :)
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Mar 2013, 08:13

Re: The new notification system!

I'm not sure I understand how that exactly supposed to work. Could you explain with examples please?
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 31 Mar 2013, 09:13

I'm not sure I understand how that exactly supposed to work. Could you explain with examples please?
No problem.
or

we have icon :)

We build these towers at the border our village. Hind it (helper in it) is to notify us if you see an enemy. (the angle range is (for example, greater than 2x the field of view of the tower).

We get a notification before the enemy troops come closer to towers or to the village!

If the helper sees the enemy on the minimap will see an exclamation mark in a place where a tower.

Now we have so that the game notify us of any enemy who attacks us, peasants, houses. (This is great help) is often the case that the map in which the transitions are not have towers. It was possible to cheaply build a just observation towers. And only they would inform us of the enemy!
You understand me ?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Mar 2013, 15:11

I don't like this idea. Build two of these things and sneak attacks are impossible because the player will be warned; in my opinion, noticing incoming troops, whether it is one militia or a whole army, is the players' responsibility.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 31 Mar 2013, 16:47

Yeah. This is just another KaM game-breaking feature imo. There is already no fog-of-war, so I especially don't see the need for this.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 31 Mar 2013, 19:30

Yeah I also dont like it. The idea is nice, I know it (like everytime) from games like The Settlers IV, there you got a message AND the ring of the tower bells in game. However like ben said, we haven´t a fog of war in KaM and in some 1vs1 its just funny to crash the enemy´s city with 2 milita from behind, so building 3 towers of it at each of the 3 entrances, wouldn´t be that funny,just boring and hard to attack :D

The first "alpha tower" could be used like a balista tower :D haha only joking, first we need to have them on the road, later on towers :mrgreen:

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”