Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Just beat TPR!

<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Mar 2013, 23:57

Just beat TPR!

Hey,

Finally, after many years of playing the game, I can say that I've beaten both TSK and TPR campaigns. Nearly all levels in 2-3 hours.

What's the deal with the last level of TPR, though? The blue guys across the ice to the north-west don't do anything, their troops are really disorganised, and you don't even need to kill them to win!

I played each campaign in its own game - that is, I played TSK in TSK, using none of the "features" from the expansion, and I played TPR in TPR. It's painful going back to the old games after playing the remake though, the troops are just so stupid and slow and the resolution is so low!

Also, it seems it's a lot harder to keep on top of food in the original game. Not sure why that is exactly, maybe just because villager AI is a lot worse.

Anyway those are just my initial comments but I've love to hear other people's thoughts on the campaigns! Isn't there a fan-made campaign or something as well?

Danjb
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Mar 2013, 00:50

Re: Just beat TPR!

Congratulations, Danjb! Mission 14 TPR is inexcusable. I don't know if you were playing a patched game, but the mission is so bugged, it obviously wasn't tested.

Anyway, there are plenty of fan-made campaigns. In my opinion, many are not very good, but "The New Lands" by The Dark Lord is definitely the best, even surpassing TSK by many people's opinions (mine included). Don't forget about the sequel, "The Western World" once you are done with The New Lands.

While I'm at it, I might as well give an advertisment for my campaign "For King and Country." ;)

Anyway, all of these and many others can be found at Lewin's KaM website on the Download Missions Page.
Have fun!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 06 Mar 2013, 07:43

Is The Western World that good as well, actually? I've heard something about them, but I haven't really looked into it. And how high is the difficulty level?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Mar 2013, 13:26

Is The Western World that good as well, actually? I've heard something about them, but I haven't really looked into it. And how high is the difficulty level?
It's a single player campaign for TPR, so how hard could it be? I found it to be very easy, but bugs were really the only cause for difficulty in TPR.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Mar 2013, 13:52

It's a single player campaign for TPR, so how hard could it be? I found it to be very easy, but bugs were really the only cause for difficulty in TPR.
your campaign on the contrary is ridiculously hard :mrgreen:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Mar 2013, 14:01

your campaign on the contrary is ridiculously hard :mrgreen:
That's true, but for some reason, I was going through a "I want everything as hard a possible" stage of my life :P Every map/ scenario I made for any game was made as hard as I could make them. If i ever remake that campaign, the difficulty is coming down ;)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 06 Mar 2013, 18:02

(...)
That's true, but for some reason, I was going through a "I want everything as hard a possible" stage of my life :P Every map/ scenario I made for any game was made as hard as I could make them. If i ever remake that campaign, the difficulty is coming down ;)
What's your campaign named? Can I download it on Lewin's page?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Mar 2013, 20:32

I am a big fan of SP games, specially campaigns.
Ben, do you will convert your hard campaign btw for the Remake sometimes? :|
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Mar 2013, 01:15

(...)
What's your campaign named? Can I download it on Lewin's page?
Read the discussion, and you'll know the answer ;)
Ben, do you will convert your hard campaign btw for the Remake sometimes?
Are you asking if I'll convert my campaign to the Remake? If so, the chances are rather slim. My method of making maps is completely different now, so it would be hard for me to work with. I think that I will be using some of the missions for multiplayer missions; however (coop/ battle missions, etc).
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 07 Mar 2013, 09:14

(...)
Read the discussion, and you'll know the answer ;)
(...)
Oops. Sorry.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Mar 2013, 22:35

Congratulations, Danjb! Mission 14 TPR is inexcusable. I don't know if you were playing a patched game, but the mission is so bugged, it obviously wasn't tested.

Anyway, there are plenty of fan-made campaigns. In my opinion, many are not very good, but "The New Lands" by The Dark Lord is definitely the best, even surpassing TSK by many people's opinions (mine included). Don't forget about the sequel, "The Western World" once you are done with The New Lands.

While I'm at it, I might as well give an advertisment for my campaign "For King and Country." ;)

Anyway, all of these and many others can be found at Lewin's KaM website on the Download Missions Page.
Have fun!
Thanks for the reply. I can't remember if my TPR is patched, really I never play it anymore, but the last mission was indeed horrendous! Yet another reason why TPR should never have existed...

I'll gladly try your campaign as well as those by The Dark Lord. I have a lot of respect for both of you as a result of my stalking these forums. Of the campaigns you posted, are any of them designed for the Remake / will they work as intended on the Remake?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Mar 2013, 02:15

Thus far, there are no campaigns designed for the Remake. All fan-made campaigns are for TPR.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Mar 2013, 17:46

Thus far, there are no campaigns designed for the Remake. All fan-made campaigns are for TPR.
Not all, but the most. On russia site i have downloaded one times some Remake campaigns,but these are only with the Russian language and not that original (for my mind :D )
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Mar 2013, 21:30

Not all, but the most. On russia site i have downloaded one times some Remake campaigns,but these are only with the Russian language and not that original (for my mind :D )
This is an English forum! We talk only of English version!! :P

(I was so waiting for someone to tell me that there were other campaigns out there lol)

Return to “General Talk”