Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Help with number 6 of Shattered Kingdom needed

<<

tywanda

Woodcutter

Post 11 Aug 2007, 18:32

Help with number 6 of Shattered Kingdom needed

Hi Guys. Well I have finally crawled to level 6 and being that strategy is my weakess area, I am getting creamed by the enemy and can't figure out where to put my troops. Can anyone give me some advice how to beat them? I would hate to be stuck here. And I also want to encourage all you who are working on the putting their strategies on the site, keep working at it, you are needed!
Thanks!
<<

SlayerofMoose

Woodcutter

Post 12 Aug 2007, 00:21

OK I just got done playing this mission, what I did was send one set of scouts to the top to fight the pink scouts so my allies lance carries did not get boxed and die very fast, also I had my first bowman squad attacking the knights + scouts. On the bottom i had my scouts attack the axe fighters and split my axe fighters to flank the enemy as well as kill the enemy bowmen, and my second squad of bowmen was helping them out. You should have enough guys alive to survive the second wave if you pull it off correctly, as well as some lance carriers to play meatshield if you don't have enough soldiers to fight the enemy on the northern side.
<<

Rayth

Serf

Post 03 Apr 2008, 16:15

The couple of times i managed this i got a unit of scouts and a unit of bowmen to the very top part of the map hiding in the mountains as soon as i could.
Then if every other bit of army died i would come out and defeat the Enemy one by one with scouts, backed up by bowmen.

However, if anyone has a very good strategy for this mission please help.
<<

Thunderwolf

Crossbowman

Website: http://thunderwolf.freehost10.com/KaMMissionBuilder/index.php

Post 04 Apr 2008, 13:56

i dunno...

only tip I can give on this one, Keep an eye on your archers, as these are your most damaging troops. I recommend you to have 1 group under the mountain, looking to nw. the other group just behind your southern troops.
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"
<<

rephikul

Woodcutter

Post 05 Apr 2008, 02:09

This mission is actually quite hard due to the mession troop posititoning you got at the beginning.

Protect your allies, this is very important becasue the enemy use lots of knights

At the beginning, send you bowmen to support the lancer allies, as well as like half of your axe men, On the taskforce below the cliff, more them backward so that the enemy take a while more to reach them, giving your bowmen more time to help out the lancers.

Hopefully by the time their bowmen arrive, you have wiped out the enemy at below the cliff. Infact, by the time they are wiped out, send the scoutmen forward to ambush their archers while sending axemen up to help the allies. Make sure ALL of your bowmen are shooting as the battle tend to advance a lil futher away from them as it drag on.

enemies, having bad AI, might have troops left over somewhere once you are done fighting. send out to scout and clean them up. with bowmen support.

Uusually when i do win this mission, i still have ally lancers left.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Apr 2008, 08:49

I can't remember this mission incredibly well but I think I sent all my lance carriers to help my ally, and maybe some bowman, but mainly concentrated on the guys to the left. Once I killed them, I had my full army focussed on the attack from the top :)
<<

H.A.H.

Post 26 Jun 2008, 21:42

This mission is horribly screwed up. Your starting positions suck. Move your bowmen up to protect your allies. Protecting allies=mucho importance
Link your scouts by selecting the group in front of the bowmen you just moved, and then link with the scouts beneath the cliff. While the scouts are linking, quickly move them into a long two row formation, (so they would be facing left and filling the space from top to bottom) and move them forward a ways. Bowmen are extremely valuable and very damaging in this level, so move them 2 units behind the leader of your scouts. By now the lancers have started flinging scouts and knights from their saddles and your bowmen should be targeting the group of knights. NOW you must move your axemen (the ones that were on the screen when the mission started) to the top of where the lancers are fighting. The reason you must put them there is that a second wave of soldiers is approaching and it includes a fair number of scouts that will circle around the lance carriers and defeat them very easily. once they are in the fray, link your other axemen with them and they too will get involved. Wait a little bit and shift your attention back to the bottom of the cliff. Immediately select your bowmen and move them forward as your scouts should have made quite a bit of a distance from where you put them. Now here is where I can no longer continue since any number of things may happen. That range from you going after soilders that never came to the battlefield, and bowmen annhilating your army.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Jun 2008, 07:08

Mission 6 is EASY!! (or it was way back when I played it in TSK) Maybe they made it harder in TPR, but I doubt it.
I sent a few bowmen to the yellows and then put the rest of my force bellow the cliffs.
I always won it in 1-2 attempts.
Lewin.

Return to “Strategy Central”