Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

AI builder stopping

<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Feb 2013, 14:26

AI builder stopping

Maybe this doesn't fall under bugs, but I really didn't know where it did, so I posted it here. Feel free to move this if it isn't.

The other day, I was running a test on the AI builders map, but when I looked at the graphs at the end of the run, I saw that all the teams stopped expanding after about one and a half hour. Why is this? Do they reach a maximum amount of buildings? Or do they run out of gold to train more citizens? It also surprised me to see that they had quite little serfs, for the size of their cities.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Feb 2013, 16:02

Re: AI builder stopping

I wouldn't worry about the AI building just yet. Lewin is clearly not done with it and there are many obvious flaws. I believe that he included AI builders just to show his work in progress.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 21 Feb 2013, 18:56

I get that, but I figured; if it's an until now unknown bug, I should probably point it out. I didn't think the chance of this being unknown was very big anyway, but better safe than sorry.
<<

thommerd

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 21 Feb 2013, 20:32

This is not really a bug I think, the ai is still quite random. Sometimes they do build an iron mine sometimes they don't. Also I noticed that quite often they run out of gold for example. (silly AI:D) Though they do have smelters and goldmines etc, they lack the gold to make a smelter and miner:D.

I had games with AI when they still kept on building after 3 hours but it does not happen often.

btw first post of me on this forum:). I have been following the forum and playing the remake for over a year now and finally decided to post something;)
Want to let you now that I find the work that lewin and krom do for the remake to be fantastic :D
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Feb 2013, 21:09

the AI is still in his babysteps, it is not finished yet.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Feb 2013, 02:53

I get that, but I figured; if it's an until now unknown bug, I should probably point it out. I didn't think the chance of this being unknown was very big anyway, but better safe than sorry.
If you were putting a jigsaw puzzles together, and I started criticizing you for not having half of the pieces in place, would you take me seriously? Of course not. Same goes for this "bug" you found.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Feb 2013, 03:00

If you were putting a jigsaw puzzles together, and I started criticizing you for not having half of the pieces in place, would you take me seriously? Of course not. Same goes for this "bug" you found.
btw first post of me on this forum:). I have been following the forum and playing the remake for over a year now and finally decided to post something;)
Want to let you now that I find the work that lewin and krom do for the remake to be fantastic :D
Welcome to the forum! If it pleases you, feel free to give a little information about yourself in our introduction topic. :)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 22 Feb 2013, 07:37

(...)
Hey, no need to get all worked up. I was only noting that fact, and wondering what would cause that. I'm not "criticizing" anyone. This is just someone with absolutely no knowledge of programming language asking if something belongs to be how it is. I'm not attacking anyone. What does it hurt to ask?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Feb 2013, 07:54

@FeyBart: Stop offtopic-ing please.

KaM Remake AI is programmed to reach certain goal, in terms of town that is have sufficient food and armaments production (other wares as well). Once the desired level reached (there's more food/gold/iron/etc made than consumed) the AI will stop building.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 22 Feb 2013, 15:40

So then it should focus on building troops? I did see that they had quite a lot of weapons and armor, but it wasn't actually building troops. I guess it's not programmed for that yet?

Return to “Bugs”