Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

My KAM Remake Maps

<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Feb 2013, 03:33

My KAM Remake Maps

My first maps, I would suggest playing River first and Battlehill next because if you read the following story you will make sense of it.

[Rebel's River]
You have found a new place to build and hoping that you might find allies you find your old friend (Yellow) and he has told you that your miners have been captured by your former loyal peasants(in the middle sorry I am colorblind) and they, as a protest, block your coal mines. Sir Edward (across the river) has attacked your ally and declared war against both of you. Destroy his kingdom and protect your ally!

[Battle-hill]
Sir Edward has ran away from his castle like the coward he is and went to his brother, Sir Alexander (White) and to make sure you couldn't find him he changed colors! Edward is now Black and cowers under his brothers protection. The peasants have set up in front of Sir Alexander's castle and are attacking your always loyal ally. Your ally has sent barbarians to help you but they are under attack and will die shortly, there is nothing you can do. Finish off Edward and his brother, Alexander. ATTTTAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oleg on 17 Feb 2013, 02:19, edited 2 times in total.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 15 Feb 2013, 14:36

Re: My KAM Remake Maps

I didn't have time to play or install this (yet), but seeing how your maps have a sequential story: Is this going to be a campaign eventually?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 15 Feb 2013, 16:16

I didn't have time to play or install this (yet), but seeing how your maps have a sequential story: Is this going to be a campaign eventually?
I will try to make it a campaign sometime soon.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 16 Feb 2013, 16:12

(...)
I will try to make it a campaign sometime soon.
That sounds pretty nice. I'm looking forward to having the time to play.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Feb 2013, 22:18

I moved your old topic to the correct subforum and deleted the new one. Please next time contact a moderator or admin if you want to see your topic moved (if we haven't done it already ;)).
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 16 Feb 2013, 23:19

I moved your old topic to the correct subforum and deleted the new one. Please next time contact a moderator or admin if you want to see your topic moved (if we haven't done it already ;)).
Thanks!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Feb 2013, 23:38

I just downloaded your maps and looked at them. You will need to put much more effort in them, the terrain is pretty ugly. Take a look at other maps (like the original KaM maps) to see how it's done. ;)
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 16 Feb 2013, 23:42

I just downloaded your maps and looked at them. You will need to put much more effort in them, the terrain is pretty ugly. Take a look at other maps (like the original KaM maps) to see how it's done. ;)
My 3rd map is a bit better as I added water creatures and also the seeweed, I added extra objects to spark it up a bit.
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 17 Feb 2013, 19:48

2 more horrible maps made by yours truly :D So far the full order is... Rebel's River followed by Battlehill then Edward's Demise than lastly Blue death thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 18 Feb 2013, 02:08

Could you guys tell me what you think?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Feb 2013, 03:31

It's great to see more people making maps, but I think you should spend more time making the terrain for each map. Making really high quality maps is a skill and requires a lot of work (I think To said he spent 30+ hours making one of his maps).
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 18 Feb 2013, 04:38

It's great to see more people making maps, but I think you should spend more time making the terrain for each map. Making really high quality maps is a skill and requires a lot of work (I think To said he spent 30+ hours making one of his maps).
I will be spending a lot more time (around 40+ hours if needed) and also do you or anyone knows how to make a campaign?
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 18 Feb 2013, 09:07

(...)
I will be spending a lot more time (around 40+ hours if needed) and also do you or anyone knows how to make a campaign?
If I were you, I would first take time to write a story and make the maps. You can always put them in sequential order and make it a campaign later, if it ever gets to that point. Building the maps is really hard and much work, so I'd say that has higher priority.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Feb 2013, 16:42

At this point, you are mostly getting used to the editors. The work is very unpolished, so it is hard to give specific tips. Compare your maps to The Dark Lord's, Joymania's, and other great map makers. See how they use objects, how they blend terrain, and how they elevate. Challenge yourself to pay attention to the smallest detail. Larger maps require more work, but you should never finish a map in a day, or even a couple of days. If you are working or have school, than it might take weeks before a map is finished. So try not to release lots of maps. Make quality maps, which are more impressive than a bunch of maps.

I hope that helps.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 18 Feb 2013, 16:47

At this point, you are mostly getting used to the editors. The work is very unpolished, so it is hard to give specific tips. Compare your maps to The Dark Lord's, Joymania's, and other great map makers. See how they use objects, how they blend terrain, and how they elevate. Challenge yourself to pay attention to the smallest detail. Larger maps require more work, but you should never finish a map in a day, or even a couple of days. If you are working or have school, than it might take weeks before a map is finished. So try not to release lots of maps. Make quality maps, which are more impressive than a bunch of maps.

I hope that helps.
It does thank you. I used to make A.O.E maps and that was easier.

Return to “Map Design”