Sharing System "economy"

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Feb 2013, 15:03

Sharing System "economy"

Hey guys,

I have an idea when i have seen "czehboss" new map type. Do you know it? Its a 4vs4 map and all 4 storehouses are really at the same position. So you will have at the end ONE really huge city and really nice fights(hopefully).

Czechboss map: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1363

Now I wanna only tell you about the idea, maybe it is implementable(just tell me when not :D )
There were just some discussions on this forum, that one player could control the army of one ally(when he has disconected or just forgot his homeworks :D ) At this time there were a feedback that this would be hard but makeable and nice idea for many players.

So now looking on czechboss nice idea of map, what do you think about implementing "Sharing economy system" ?
I mean this would be maybe really really hard, but it could be funny, when player 1 of team 1 is just making food !for the whole team! player 2 only leather army and player 3/4 iron army. It would be a nice playing together. Maybe someone of the remake team could tell me,if this is makeable. I mean it must be written down,that all recources can be taken and "used"(Eaten) from each serf of each player, but the idea is nice. Isnt it? Wait for your feedback.

pawel95
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 10 Feb 2013, 23:53

Re: Sharing System "economy"

I think some kind of economy sharing or option to share control of your stuff with other players might be fun, but kind of complicated to implement. The same with allowing allies to control a player that disconnected. It won't happen in the near future but we might consider it eventually.

I can imagine it would be great fun to have 2-4 players building one giant village, one players makes the food/inns, another the iron, another the leather, etc. :) Even just sending resources between your allies would make this possible to a limited extent (I remember in other RTS games with my friends we'd play so we each focused on a certain resource and send it to each other).
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 11 Feb 2013, 11:19

Yeah exactly this is my dream :D To have for example 2 huge cities from 8 players :D
However you said that the first step (sharing army of disconnected player) is also hard to implement.
Isn´t there a ^^simple^^ way to implement it, when someone left the game and his amount of army is >0 ,that than the whole "script" or all lines which belong to the army of a player willl be copied to "Current_Player 2" for example,isn´t that possible?
<<

PurpleKnight

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Feb 2013, 21:42

Another way to aproach this in a similar way is too add a way to Tribute resources to allies. Maybe through a unit, I don't know, but just like in other RTS you should need a market to do so, just an idea. This could substitute the sharing resources system.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Feb 2013, 01:13

Another way to aproach this in a similar way is too add a way to Tribute resources to allies. Maybe through a unit, I don't know, but just like in other RTS you should need a market to do so, just an idea. This could substitute the sharing resources system.

This has been proposed 1,000,000 times before :P I've gone back and fourth on different ideas on how to implement this, but I'm pretty solid on my latest proposal (no unit is needed, the resources are sent via the market. i.e., serfs take the goods to the market and than they appear in your allies market.).
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Feb 2013, 09:21

(...)
This has been proposed 1,000,000 times before :P I've gone back and fourth on different ideas on how to implement this, but I'm pretty solid on my latest proposal (no unit is needed, the resources are sent via the market. i.e., serfs take the goods to the market and than they appear in your allies market.).
I quite like the caravan idea as well, though. It would be awesome if you could rob other players with a kind of hit & run tactics.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Feb 2013, 15:58

(...)
I quite like the caravan idea as well, though. It would be awesome if you could rob other players with a kind of hit & run tactics.
I love the idea of hit-and-run. I do this in Age of Kings all the time. However, in Age of Kings, this actually works. In the Remake, it doesn't work at all. In The Same Rocks, my allies and I had defeated all but the last enemy. Instead of swarming him, I desired to try and pick him off using dirty tactics. The result: I could never destroy any buildings before he drove my raiders off. This gave me this idea: What if soldiers had a X2 attack bonus against buildings? This may make hit -and-run an actual good strategy, and that would make me very happy ;)
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 18 Feb 2013, 17:24

I love the idea of hit-and-run. I do this in Age of Kings all the time. However, in Age of Kings, this actually works. In the Remake, it doesn't work at all. In The Same Rocks, my allies and I had defeated all but the last enemy. Instead of swarming him, I desired to try and pick him off using dirty tactics. The result: I could never destroy any buildings before he drove my raiders off. This gave me this idea: What if soldiers had a X2 attack bonus against buildings? This may make hit -and-run an actual good strategy, and that would make me very happy ;)
Or make a special unit that could have extra attack vs building likes lances vs horses.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 18 Feb 2013, 18:17

(...)
It might be possible with that caravan, but we'd first need to create some sprites. Maybe I'll look into it eventually.

But you should propose that building attack bonus in the mutator topic. If you give (cross)bowmen and/or cavalry (since those are what I'd consider good units for hit & run) that bonus, you can really make it possible. Besides, wasn't there this idea of a ranged bowman once? What came of that?

EDIT: Whoops. Meant to say mounted bowmen.
Last edited by FeyBart on 19 Feb 2013, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Feb 2013, 01:21

I came up with the ranged idea, but I thought that since buildings take so long to destroy, it would be nice for all units to have this bonus. I don't even want to see it in a mutator. If anything, at least mounted and ranged units should have this bonus.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 09:19

I actually meant to say mounted bowmen in the last post.

But I dunno. It would make the game a lot more offensive, I agree, but a mutator would be a start.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”