Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

For king and country tips?

<<

PurpleKnight

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Feb 2013, 04:41

For king and country tips?

I'm on For King and Country mission 3, I can get passed the first invasion with the red troops, but I get attacked with people with 2 tier armor around 10 minutes later, when I've so far built only around 15 troops
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Feb 2013, 10:15

Re: For king and country tips?

the best thing you can do is get towers as fast as possible there, 10/12 will be needed to survive. after that get weapons as fast as you can and a few bakeries to survive with food. later on you can make some leather. it is hard but not impossible. :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

PurpleKnight

Recruit

Post 05 Feb 2013, 17:17

But there's not nearly enough stone to support that many towers
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Feb 2013, 17:27

oooh wait a second, i am confused with a later mission, yeah basically you want to get weapons as fast as possible, and preferably many bowmen to defend the bridge. try to support it with 4 towers a lot of bowmen and keep a few melee units at the bridge so your bowmen can easily kill them.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:31

Dicsoupcan's tips are sound. I won the mission by using a very similar strategy. Make sure that your defending soldiers are not too close to the bridge. The reason for this is because of how the AI defends itself. If the AI attacks you when your soldiers are too close to his, he will think that he is the one under attack and will send his defending soldiers over to help.

Other than that, make sure you have your barracks built since you start with weapons. With extra troops and a few towers, it shouldn't be too hard.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:37

Make sure that your defending soldiers are not too close to the bridge. The reason for this is because of how the AI defends itself. If the AI attacks you when your soldiers are too close to his, he will think that he is the one under attack and will send his defending soldiers over to help.
I recommend standing 3 tiles away from the bridge, and about the AI thinking he is under attack, use this to your advantage. when you think you have enough soldiers to attack, let 1 archer shoot the enemy so they come over the bridge. block the bridge with melee units and let archers shower them with arrows. this way you use the natural defense the ai uses as your own, and gives you an advantage.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:41

Fair enough. The bride is small enough that the enemy may not mobilize his crossbowmen very good....not that the AI ever does :P
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:43

it is more about making a chokepoint then the bad ai setting up his ranged because it rarely does it right. in the open field you have a harder time defending then in a narrow chokepoint because it limits the amount of units that can be there, wich in turn makes your melee last longer while your ranged kills the enemy ;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:44

I found my towers to be an effective chokepoint, in combination with the stone deposit in the center of your village. ;)

Of course, it depends on how many bowmen you have.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:48

our situation might have been different because i have build all the way to the bridge. :D i only left 9 tiles open at the bridge opening so if they got over the bridge past my towers they were in my town already.

Return to “General / Questions”