Serfs and Rogues

<<

FransPhoenix

The Dukes of Burgundy Clan

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Feb 2013, 16:42

Serfs and Rogues

--- Conceptual idea = Open to suggestions ---
My grandfather started playing this game a few weeks ago and he told me that he found it somewhat sad that all his serfs were killed by the enemy's soldiers when they invaded his town. I told him that there are plans to make a hide-out for them, but then my grandmother walked in. She thought that someone who was not able to defend himself was not worthy of a long life (she used to be a martial arts professional). Anyways, my idea is as follows: why don't we allow the serfs to pick up a stone from the stone mason when the town is under attack? They can then (using animations from the rogue units) protect themselves by throwing at most three stones before having to replenish. It may work to counter rushes (the poorly executed ones; good rushes deserve to win) and give your teammates some time to react. Most of the time, people march into your town and immediately block the entrance to your barracks (even with towers nearby as protection, since they seem to miss more often inside a town; kinda random and not proven though). Please give me some feedback on this suggestion and be aware that it's only a conceptual idea for now.
Rogue.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--- No player should have knights without pigs: "Young knights were trained to fight by mounting on piggybacks." ---
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 Feb 2013, 23:37

Re: Serfs and Rogues

I don't really like the idea of serfs slinging rocks at people, it sounds a bit random. Maybe something like the town bell in Warcraft that arms your citizens so they can defend themselves would be better. But I don't think it's a high priority, it's pretty standard for citizens to be defenceless in RTS games.
<<

FransPhoenix

Post 05 Feb 2013, 10:14

Okay, thank you. I will tell that to my grandmother. Any ideas that may improve the game (and block those nasty rushes) could help you in the development of the Remake of course.
--- No player should have knights without pigs: "Young knights were trained to fight by mounting on piggybacks." ---
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Feb 2013, 10:31

(...)
My grandfather started playing this game a few weeks ago and he told me that he found it somewhat sad that all his serfs were killed by the enemy's soldiers when they invaded his town. I told him that there are plans to make a hide-out for them, but then my grandmother walked in. She thought that someone who was not able to defend himself was not worthy of a long life (she used to be a martial arts professional).(...)
Sounds like the average Dutch family... Grannies fighting and grandpa's gaming...
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 05 Feb 2013, 11:58

(...)
My grandfather started playing this game a few weeks ago and he told me that he found it somewhat sad that all his serfs were killed by the enemy's soldiers when they invaded his town. I told him that there are plans to make a hide-out for them, but then my grandmother walked in. She thought that someone who was not able to defend himself was not worthy of a long life (she used to be a martial arts professional).(...)
Sounds like the average Dutch family... Grannies fighting and grandpa's gaming...
When I read the anecdote, I immediatly thought in Ben's grandpa. :D
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

FransPhoenix

Post 05 Feb 2013, 15:52

You guys are right, because I guess he started it. Still, I've seen the anecdote come back more often these days. =)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 05 Feb 2013, 19:19

(...)
You guys are right, because I guess he started it. Still, I've seen the anecdote come back more often these days. =)
Anyway, I think you have some awesome grandparents. Where in the country do you live, actually?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Feb 2013, 16:40

Oh no! My Grandpa has been playing KaM for over ten years ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

PurpleKnight

Recruit

Post 13 Feb 2013, 05:07

I think this could be abused to make rouges at the beginning of a game, maybe you should make the defensive option more strict.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 13 Feb 2013, 20:29

I think this could be abused to make rouges at the beginning of a game, maybe you should make the defensive option more strict.
I'd say they'd only fire back if attacked themselves.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”