Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

A bit of an apology.

<<

FrostyTheDragon

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Jan 2013, 23:36

A bit of an apology.

(It's basically the same as the first mega-post from before, but I decided to split it off properly into the two topics it really should be.)

I'll get to why I even owe an apology in a minute, but let me explain how I got here.

Basically, I stumbled across this site (and eventually forum) by accident in the process of doing a Let's Play of this game. I did check and see three others who tried to do an LP of Knights and Merchants - two have quit long after the point where I'm at, but the third is already up to Peasant's Rebellion mission 5. I've only recently finished Shattered Kingdom mission 6 (and a map editor has helped me take "planning pictures" to help a little with strategies from here on out) and have been trying to do this in a style that tries as hard as it can to make your average person interested in watching. (Regrettably for the purists, this means I mostly have been unable to leave a lot of the base-building in video form - I've used pictures and an explaining voiceover to condense those for the average person, leaving only the battles in full video form.)

Which brings me to my apology. In my video for Mission 6 (the video where I finally left a link to the main site here), I made the mistake of claiming I was crushing the times listed for the walkthrough on this site. Not only was this arrogant on my part to claim I was crushing a WALKTHROUGH'S times, I wasn't even paying attention to the "Swift Victory" times. I'm sorry if I DID set anyone off over this incident.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:40

Re: A bit of an apology.

I suspect that TonyDXIII was doing those walkthoughs for fun, and deliberately playing at a leisurely pace. He's not active anymore though. He's only had two posts since the new Forum was made.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:42

To be honest i had no idea you were doing a let's play of this, but i do know that apologizing and admitting a mistake can be hard and therefore i admire your courage.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2013, 16:43

To be honest i had no idea you were doing a let's play of this, but i do know that apologizing and admitting a mistake can be hard and therefore i admire your courage.
Agreed. There was a day that if anyone ever upset someone on this forum, they humbly apologized like this good individual. Those days are long gone now :rolleyes:
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Feb 2013, 16:03

You should be proud that you're doing this LP. It only helps out the community and the Remake in the long term.
Nice coffee is always nice.

Return to “General Talk”