Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

my soldiers won't listen, help??

<<

de keizer

Post 21 Dec 2012, 23:50

my soldiers won't listen, help??

I was buzzy with mission 4(shattered kingdom from the KAM incl. peasant rebelionway) and was ready to kill some enemies I had 30 archers, 38 shield warriors and 14 horsemen. My elite troops 10 or 11 knights and 10 crossbowarchers n for defends 20 regular archers.

Well I send the 30 archers to the front n the 14 horsemen too they did well. But when I send my shieldarmy they go walking round n round n they did'nt listen to my order. It was like they having their own life its realy frustrating. And thats the reason why I lost my game. :'(
Is this a familiar situation for you people? Please help me.
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Dec 2012, 14:58

Re: my soldiers won't listen, help??

I reckon you are playing in either TSK/TPR? That sounds a lot like the bug I noticed too. Units will not attack hostile units correctly. Even if one of them is fighting, the rest will not even go and try to help him out, but you can't control them because one of them is fighting... Is this what happened?

Edit: I also had some kind of dupe of soldiers where it produced twice the amount of soldiers I asked for, and I could not control them properly either. They would just go from A to B and vice versa. The A and B points were the same all the time, but I could do nothing to control them. Also a bug. Is this what happened?
<<

de keizer

Peasant

Post 22 Dec 2012, 22:08

I reckon you are playing in either TSK/TPR? That sounds a lot like the bug I noticed too. Units will not attack hostile units correctly. Even if one of them is fighting, the rest will not even go and try to help him out, but you can't control them because one of them is fighting... Is this what happened?

Edit: I also had some kind of dupe of soldiers where it produced twice the amount of soldiers I asked for, and I could not control them properly either. They would just go from A to B and vice versa. The A and B points were the same all the time, but I could do nothing to control them. Also a bug. Is this what happened?
Hoi Kridge ik zag dat je uit NL vandaan komt wat toevallig :D
Die eerste probleem heb ik alleen en dat rekruten ipv naar de barrak gaan naar de vijand toelopen. Heeft dat ook te maken met die bug? Wat is trouwens TSK of TPR? Ik heb daar nooit van gehoort.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 22 Dec 2012, 22:41

Misschien is het handig om de patch te downloaden die ook hier op het forum staat, die fixt het vermoedelijk wel. Ik neem aan dat je geen remake speelt namelijk.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

de keizer

Peasant

Post 23 Dec 2012, 03:18

2 Da revolution: bedankt voor je advies, ik heb m gedownload en ik zal dan merken als ik m speel. Ik zat al te denken m'n leger deed toch niet raar omdat t groot is. (38 man)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Dec 2012, 07:24

I haven't translated the Dutch posts, but from your description in your first message this sounds like the "drunk soldiers" bug in original KaM. It happens when there are too many units/soldiers (yours AND the AI's). The fan-made patches tried to make this bug happen less often by reducing the number of soldiers/villagers the AI have in missions where it happened often, I'm not sure about the specific case you are talking about. The only way to avoid the bug seems to be to have less soldiers/units in total on the map. We don't know exact details about the bug, these things are just observations from community members.

The bug doesn't exist in the KaM Remake.
<<

de keizer

Peasant

Post 23 Dec 2012, 17:20

Hai Lewin tnx 4 youre advice. Well in my dutch 2d problem discription, was when I make recrutes, they don't go to the barrack but they go to the enemy. Like they are suicidal or drunk. And I think its possible that I have the "drunk soldiers"bug. I haven't the remake indeed :)

Return to “General Talk”