New thing: Depth of coal

<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 08 Dec 2012, 08:40

New thing: Depth of coal

Hello

I would like to convince you to new things in the remake.
Depth of coal:
In this image we Plame coal with low coal content.

You would need to do the slider to the right number of coal that would increase coal content "depth". Visually, nothing would be no different. It's about increasing the amount of coal.

advantages:

- Increasing the space under construction
- More difficult maps, it is not enough to build 20+ coal mine
- More coal spots on the map. Instead of one very large.
- good tool for "coal balance" for the players.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 08 Dec 2012, 17:48

Re: New thing: Depth of coal

It will make maps easier, different that you think Paker, because you can always place mines next to each other and with more depth of coal you will pay less attention to them knowing that it will consume coal for a long period of time.
It is harder now, when you have to place buildings strategically if the coal is extensive near your territory.

I admit that your idea is "acceptable", like a suggestion which isn't super crazy or ridiculous... but I still think it should keep the same way as with the gold/iron mountains, were max ore tile is 4. I also prefer that coal will end after aprox 60 minutes... avoids spamming iron units.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Dec 2012, 17:54

I don't know how else to say this then to be blunt: I really don't like this idea. For one, how would the player know how much coal was in a certain spot of the visual was no different?
The only advantage would be that it makes making maps easier, and the best way to fix that is to not be lazy.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 08 Dec 2012, 19:21

Idea doesn't make sense, current coal placement is not a problem. ;]
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Dec 2012, 19:46

Florek makes a good point. We, the players of the Remake, are starting to make "problems" where none exist, myself included. For example: I recommended that trees grow faster, but the rate of tree growth isn't even a problem.
We should be looking for ways to improve the buggy gameplay of KaM (such a labors being really inefficient at building like they were in TPR), and augment gameplay balence, rather then just change everything in the game.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”