Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

What is your Favourite Map for building???

What is your favourite map?

Dead of Winter
No votes
Dead of Winter
No votes
Golden Cliffs
No votes
Golden Cliffs
No votes
Valley of the Eqilibrium
No votes
Valley of the Eqilibrium
No votes
Across the desert
No votes
Across the desert
No votes
Back in the desert
No votes
Back in the desert
No votes
The Cracked Land
No votes
The Cracked Land
No votes
Alice
No votes
Alice
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
All for One
No votes
All for One
No votes
Back in the desert
No votes
Back in the desert
No votes
Paradise Island
No votes
Paradise Island
No votes
The Cracked Land
No votes
The Cracked Land
No votes
The Same Rocks
No votes
The Same Rocks
No votes
Alice
No votes
Alice
No votes
I dont like building =D
No votes
I dont like building =D
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Nov 2012, 14:34

What is your Favourite Map for building???

A poll =) I vote Dead of Winter
Last edited by vovets1 on 27 Nov 2012, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Nov 2012, 14:39

Re: What is your Favourite Map for building???

aw can't we have multiple options? :( choosing will be difficult now :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Nov 2012, 14:41

This is the whole trick. But then so half of those maps everyone will choose, and will not be interesting
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Nov 2012, 14:57

I had a tough choice. Cursed Ravine is a nice, easy map (easy because you can fail a bit, and still you have time to make additional troops before the other army comes to squash you). Dead of Winter is something in between, depends on the location - sometimes easy, sometimes hard, but the great thing about that is you can pick a loc that suits your (dis)advantages the best. So, I voted for Cliffs :) because it's a very good map to learn about being space-efficient, it's fun, and locs are small - and small locations give advantage to worse players like me :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Nov 2012, 15:27

hmmz then it shall be difficult, cursed ravine is good to play on but the offenders have a disadvantage because they cannot get their reinforcements there as quickly as the defenders. nice and easy map to build on though.

The same rocks, it is not really balanced ( i one played a game where i only had 300 coal on a loc while an ally had 1500, i ran out of coal before pt ended) and you can see enemy villages before you end pt if the cities are bg enough.

BR 4p, mulitland, all for one, the cracked land ---> never played on it.

Valley of the equilibirum, nice to build on, but hard to defend because you cannot build any towers so you have to rely 100% on troops, if you lose an offense there is a good chance the enemy can just walk in your town.

paradise island, i like to build on that map, with leather only locs and iron locs mixed together.

Alice, i like to build on it, many treees to cut, enough space and resources plenty, but 4 vs 4 is not really an option on that map. for the rest a good map imo.

across the desert, hard map to build on, considering the starting resources, good for practising i guess.

Golden cliffs, good map, balanced resources, space management is key here just like in across the desert.

The valley of dangers 2, it is nice to build on, but the coal in the middle makes it a bit annoying, once the enemy had the middle you cannot do anything.

Dead of winter, good map to build on, woodcutter and stonemason is already unlocked wich speeds up pt, enough space to build on (you acn even waste a little bit of space).

Back in the desert, also a good map to build on ( although i am hopeless with bottom locs), just like DoW it has woodcutter and stonemason unlocked.

the decision is pretty hard, but i think back in the desert wins it in my book with dead of winter as a close second (it could be shared first place but i can only choose one).
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 27 Nov 2012, 16:16

Failed pool, you should make it basing on map popularity from kamremake.com/servers (Top 20 maps in the current release). :P

Golden Cliffs!
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

Kirelareus

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Nov 2012, 15:17

Valley of The Equilibrium
R.A - power in unity!
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Nov 2012, 15:19

I like Cliffs, but it is little food in Storehouse i think. :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Nov 2012, 20:53

I don't know if I like this should be a poll. There are just too many choices ;)
Anyway, I think I like Wilderness the most. A great looking map, but the only thing is the desert location. It totally clashes with the rest of the map.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Feb 2013, 14:32

The building tutorial of course (yeah, I suck :P)!
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Feb 2013, 15:42

That's a good choice! Lol

Once, I remade the map "The River" to be 1-player, and I just built a MASSIVE city. We're talking hundreds of serfs. It was quite fun for a while.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 16 Feb 2013, 14:56

That's a good choice! Lol

Once, I remade the map "The River" to be 1-player, and I just built a MASSIVE city. We're talking hundreds of serfs. It was quite fun for a while.
Sometimes I just like Knights and Merchants as a city builder. It's quite fun to see your city grow.

Know what? There should be a city builder mod for the game, really. We could add some elements, like barbarians you should defeat, or thieves that roam around the city that you have to defeat. I guess I'm just dreaming, but it probably wouldn't even be that bad of an idea.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Feb 2013, 15:39

The barbarians would be very easy to implement in a mission (I mean seriously: mission 8 TSK? :P). I agree; however, that KaM is great for a city-builder. I'd say that's the best part of the game. Easily.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 16 Feb 2013, 15:46

The barbarians would be very easy to implement in a mission (I mean seriously: mission 8 TSK? :P). I agree; however, that KaM is great for a city-builder. I'd say that's the best part of the game. Easily.
Maybe it could be something to consider. Making a mod for the Remake wouldn't be too hard for people who actually know scripting, I mean, we have the source code. And if we take a look at some other city builders, we could see how to transform KaM into one. As a mod, it would be great.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Feb 2013, 16:23

Maybe it could be something to consider. Making a mod for the Remake wouldn't be too hard for people who actually know scripting, I mean, we have the source code. And if we take a look at some other city builders, we could see how to transform KaM into one. As a mod, it would be great.
New scripting objectives are planned for the Remake; such as accumulating a certain amount of resources for example. These will be enough for city-building in KaM in my opinion.

For an example: You could make an objective where the player needs 300 serfs, 1000 bread, and 1000 gold. See?

Return to “General Chit Chat”