dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Nov 2012, 14:11

Re: production farms

As you wish Sado:

This is how I prefer to build farms.
Holy shit..

is that holy shit for the amount of farms or the combination of farms + food production and that empty inn? :P

*Edit* nevermind i just realised it are 2 seperate cities :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 20 Nov 2012, 16:17

He means that the farmer goes to the fields that "belong" to the other farmer. Since he can't work on his fields (they just need time to grow) he goes over to help with the production of his neighbor's fields. That is Definitely a good thing. I don't feed my people to be lazy :)
But in all of the screenshots I posted, the farmers had work to do on their own fields.
(...)
Yes but why shouldn't they do that? They have no fields for themselves, so it's the best thing to do. Or do you think they should just stay in their houses?
What do you mean with "they have no fields for themselves"?
So you suggest that if there's no fields below a farm, then the farmer should stay inside? Why?

Some people actually use this farmer behavior to build farms like that: farms, 6 rows of fields below them, then another farms below the fields (then repeat...) - so farmers can work on fields that "belong" to someone else. Da Revo, would you mind pasting that Paradise Island screenshot (if I remember correctly that it was an example of this)? :)
You misunderstand. I built my fields above the farms they belong to.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 20 Nov 2012, 17:11

Uhm, okay, that doesn't make any sense. Why would you make your fields above your farms? And if you expect them to work above your farms, then what's wrong in these pictures?
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Nov 2012, 20:17

Uhm, okay, that doesn't make any sense. Why would you make your fields above your farms? And if you expect them to work above your farms, then what's wrong in these pictures?
trolololo

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”