Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Going "Easy" on an Opponent

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Nov 2012, 17:16

Going "Easy" on an Opponent

I was playing a game with my someone the other day, and I kept beating him every game we played. In his defense, I'm pretty good at that game. Not to mention I used to play it every day on this bus and I read strategy articles on it, read deep into the game's mechanics so I knew every little fact of the game, big or small.
Back to the point: I kept beating him and he was getting pretty upset. I was considering letting him win a few games. Obviously, I wasn't going to make it obvious. I didn't want him to be upset, and I wanted him to have fun, too. In the end, I decided that it would be wrong. I hate it when people do that to me. It feels like they are just teasing me.

Anyway, I was just wondering what the community thought about this subject.
Last edited by Ben on 05 Dec 2012, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Nov 2012, 21:43

Re: Going "Easy" on an Opponent

I agree - going easy on an opponent sounds nice on paper, but how the enemy is going to ever improve if you're doing that? I play with better players to learn from them and I don't mind losing at all. Might not be everyone thinks like that, but still.

What about actually telling him that you played too much of this game, and asking him what can you do to make the chances more even? What about trying to give him some advices about the gamestyle?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Nov 2012, 22:07

I've tried helping him and offered giving him some tips, but he just doesn't have the determination or passion to improve his game.
In other words, he isn't crazy obsessed about the game like I am :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2012, 00:33

if that is the case you should still not go easy on him, he does not want to learn how to beat you, so he should not complain he cannot beat you. and besides that it is just a game man. i started improving after i my towns got slaughtred instantly when i started playing with people like romek, florek matt revo and you know all the guys on ts. now i improved and my chances of surviving have increased. they gave me tips to learn and i appreciated the help. if i would not determine myself to improve i have no right to complain about losing everytime.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 18 Nov 2012, 14:13

I was playing Age of Kings with my friend the other day, and I kept beating him every game we played. In his defense, I'm pretty good at that game. Not to mention I used to play it every day on this bus and I read strategy articles on it, read deep into the game's mechanics so I knew every little fact of the game, big or small.
Back to the point: I kept beating him and he was getting pretty upset. I was considering letting him win a few games. Obviously, I wasn't going to make it obvious. I didn't want him to be upset, and I wanted him to have fun, too. In the end, I decided that it would be wrong. I hate it when people do that to me. It feels like they are just teasing me.

Anyway, I was just wondering what the community thought about this subject.
sounds like some experience i had on kam.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!

Return to “General Chit Chat”