Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

knights and merchants - mod for warcraft 3

<<

mugsy123

Post 08 May 2007, 17:19

knights and merchants - mod for warcraft 3

hey guys I havent played knights and merchants in over 7 or 8 years, i'd say. These days i mostly play warcraft 3 with my friends and we are heavily into modding and playing modded maps then i had a brainstorm that i might make a conversation for knights and merchants on warcraft 3, bonus's being the engine is more powerful and allows for more but mainly 12 players instead of 6 and nicer graphics.

Don't get too excited... if you were... heh this all just happened about 3 hours ago and i've been writing up a document plan for the mod so it'll be at least a week before we have anything solid and most likely more for something stable.

Im just searching the internet for information and unit statistics and i stumbled across your site and to my surprise an active community, amazing because when i played the game i never had anybody to play with just 1 friend and he didnt often win so he stopped playing after a while :[

I'll post back soon if anybodies interested
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 08 May 2007, 18:18

im intersedted for sure, but i think its not gonna be a great succes, everything is possible exept for the raods between buildings and the formation of troops and this is what kam makes kam :wink:
anyway i which u lots of succes. I play warcraft 3 also and this mod i sure want to try out
<<

SlayerofMoose

Woodcutter

Post 13 May 2007, 00:06

If you still need any units stats I can give you all of em I've got the KaM booklet that has % and whatnot.
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 13 May 2007, 07:05

Nice work!
But im a little bit confused:
Do u only want to make maps or will u change data-files, too? Do u no how to open the other ones?

Although i wish u the bes for making it!
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 20 May 2007, 01:33

nice!!!! :lol: :lol:
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 23 May 2007, 19:04

olega, now that's what's called using brains! :roll: Anyways, it sounds like a nice idea, but you should make sure that you and your friends have the motivation and the time to actually finish it (okay you might learn something even if you cancel it but still...).
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 26 May 2007, 18:58

yeah i mean i was really hyper when i made me boardgame but then it just died, if u want to REALLY do it u need lots of hard work to acheve what u want
<<

mugsy1234

Peasant

Post 25 Sep 2007, 04:20

sorry i forgot

I totally didnt finish this map :], but what i did was done in the first week i said i'd finish the rest but never found the time cant believe how long ago it was already

We beta'd a few times but i decided to get back to work instead of polishing it, from what i can recall the resource variables are all done and working but i didnt setup a table in the top right that showed you your resources so when clicking around on the buildings it lists your resources but your screen gets flooded pretty fast

Still if anybody has wc3 frozen throne and wants a look its an unprotected map

www . epicwar . com / maps / 32152 /

remove spaces

Return to “General Talk”