Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer map making question

<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Nov 2012, 08:26

Re: Multiplayer map making question

Where in map editor can write things like description or story of map which show below map screen in map type menu?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Nov 2012, 08:35

Where in map editor can write things like description or story of map which show below map screen in map type menu?
The in-game editor doesn't support editing that yet. You need to make a .txt file in the folder for your map with the name of your map (under MapsMP or Maps). Look at some of the other maps' .txt file to see how the format works.
<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

Post 21 Nov 2012, 07:45

Can anyone explain how exactly work thing with IA in single and multiplayer when AI don`t have huge town at start. When he is building only iron armor army when he is building leather armor army and if possible that he build both kind army.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Dec 2012, 00:58

In the Remake, how do the commands !SET_AI_CHARACTER WORKER_FACTOR 7 and !SET_AI_CHARACTER TOWN_DEFENSE 100 work?

also, the new command: !SET_AI_CHARACTER ATTACK_FACTOR 100

Thanks
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Dec 2012, 06:06

Can anyone explain how exactly work thing with IA in single and multiplayer when AI don`t have huge town at start. When he is building only iron armor army when he is building leather armor army and if possible that he build both kind army.
The AI is not finished and these things will become scriptable in the future. At the moment I think the AI randomly chooses whether to use iron or not.
In the Remake, how do the commands !SET_AI_CHARACTER WORKER_FACTOR 7 and !SET_AI_CHARACTER TOWN_DEFENSE 100 work?

also, the new command: !SET_AI_CHARACTER ATTACK_FACTOR 100

Thanks
!SET_AI_CHARACTER TOWN_DEFENSE is currently ignored by the Remake. In the original game it controlled how aggressively the AI would defend his town (if you set it to 0 they would let you destroy their buildings), but nobody knew what how it really worked. We're planning to write our own AI and we might invent some new commands like this to tweak certain parameters.

!SET_AI_CHARACTER ATTACK_FACTOR only appeared in a few original KaM missions, and nobody really knows what it does. It seems to make the AI bring more troops when he attacks or something. It is ignored by the Remake.

!SET_AI_CHARACTER WORKER_FACTOR this command works the same way it always has in KaM: (10/WORKER_FACTOR)*NUMBER_OF_HOUSES = number of serfs the AI will have. So if you set it to 10 they will have 1 serf per house, set it to 1 and they will have 10 serfs per house. I think this command is kind of confusing so we might change it later to something like SERFS_PER_HOUSE
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Dec 2012, 15:21

!SET_AI_CHARACTER ATTACK_FACTOR only appeared in a few original KaM missions, and nobody really knows what it does. It seems to make the AI bring more troops when he attacks or something. It is ignored by the Remake.
Hmm. I don't remember this command being in TPR. I thought it was new :)
!SET_AI_CHARACTER WORKER_FACTOR this command works the same way it always has in KaM: (10/WORKER_FACTOR)*NUMBER_OF_HOUSES = number of serfs the AI will have. So if you set it to 10 they will have 1 serf per house, set it to 1 and they will have 10 serfs per house. I think this command is kind of confusing so we might change it later to something like SERFS_PER_HOUSE
Good idea :)
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”