Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00
KaM Skill Level: Skilled
Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman
Unpopular Multiplayer Maps
As you've probably noticed the Remake now has a lot of included maps, and people keep submitting more and more. The list is already quite long and hard to use, so at some point we have limit the number of maps that are included, and replace old, less popular maps with new ones. That's what this topic is about, deciding on maps that can be deleted to make way for other maps.
Choosing maps to be removed is a tricky job, it risks offending the people that made the map or deleting a potentially popular/good map. That's why we want your help.
1. Please reply to this topic with a list of maps you think should be deleted from the Remake. If you don't want to offend anyone, you can send your vote to me anonymously by PM. You must put one or more reasons for why the map should be removed, here's a list of valid reasons: Terrain quality, unbalanced, unpopular (feel free to add your own though) Voting is of course optional, if you don't think any maps should be deleted then don't vote.
2. If you see a map on the list which you think should not be deleted, you can also vote to keep it (here or by PM). This will subtract one from the vote. You cannot do this for a map you made yourself, although feel free to discuss why you think it should stay.
List of maps proposed for deletion: (I'm using a code block so it lines up, press expand if you can't see it all)
To end on a more positive note, any map on the list could be improved (either by the original author or with permission from them) and then reconsidered to be added again. If you would like to see a map improved, mention that here (with things that need improving) and I'll keep a list of those:
List of maps proposed for improvements:
- Lewin: I love the map but don't think the "deathmatch" style works. I'd rather see the two players spread out more on either side of the canyon.
- Private.NL: The landscape is not hilly enough. And, the players on the top have not got enough gold. They can't produce it, so they get 250 gold. That is unbalanced with the amount of iron mines (5 i believe) for that player.
- Nayot: Pretty unbalanced, because players on the down side of the map have longer way to stone.
- Luki: resorces are so far. When i played this, it was always mass toweer spam to blok enemies coal.Very boring. For me improving can help this map( especially adding more coal closer).
P.S. I've only proposed a few maps myself so far, don't let that stop you from listing a lot of maps if you really don't like them. I'll keep the list sorted so the maps with the most votes go at the top.