Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

What mistakes you've made first time you played KaM?

<<

krs

Recruit

Post 07 Oct 2012, 08:23

What mistakes you've made first time you played KaM?

I've made some in Tutorial already.
- I had a building not connected with road because 1 tile was masked by a tree.
- I had "assigned" a farmer to a mill and wondered why no flower :)
- And I had some ugly, ugly farms because I never had 16 squares in one piece anywhere near.
- All my army died in tutorial because I just let the game play and went for a short snack :D
- I've missed the yellow tooltips on the bottom for the good part of the first 2 hours.

What were yore's?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Oct 2012, 09:08

Re: What mistakes you've made first time you played KaM?

Thanks for the feedback. Making the game accessible is a priority for us, so feedback like this is useful. We want to make more interactive tutorials and stuff like that to make the game easier to play. It's very complicated and mystifying on your first attempt, and players who are just starting usually struggle to understand it.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Oct 2012, 22:55

was a long time ago when the remake was nto even born but,
-thinking one farm was enough to feed the whole town
-making way more sefs then needed
-building so close to each other srfs would pile up

yeah i do know better know, much beter...
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Nayot

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Oct 2012, 09:32

I remember that some years ago in my childhood I played mostly Kam mission 1 and I was very confused that I couldn't build on the bridge.
Few weeks ago I showed Kam to friend and he was confused that he can't build road in mission 1.
So I think everybody tried to build on that bridge and was confused.
<<

tekK

Serf

Post 18 Oct 2012, 10:38

Played the Remake with my brother in COOP Mode (TSK 8). He played kam for the first time.

He was annoyed that he couldn't take back his troops, once they are in a battle. Even if just one soldier of a troop gets attacked, so whole group is unable to control.

At second, we all know that kam is a slow game. But especially when you order your troops or change the formation, he was very annoyed that troops take so much time to change their places, direction and so on. If you won't change the whole speed of kam, maybe just reduce the time needed for sorting the troops.

He uses the CTRL+1 kombinations for groups as he knows from other games. But he wanted to see which group is selected at the moment. In most strategy games, there is a small green "1" on the bottom of every soldier when you select your group by pressing 1. So you get more overview in the battles.

At last he has the opinion that farms produced to little corn and coal runs out too fast .

Beside these points, it was a funny game :-D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Nov 2012, 21:00

The first time I played KaM was so long ago, I don't really remember what kind of flukes I made. I remember making two barracks. Also, I remember making iron mines on the "iron mountains" but in areas where there was no iron ore veins.

When I introduce the game to some friends, they thought that the "iron mountains" was where you were supposed to make your gold mines because the iron mountains have a yellow-ish color to them.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General / Questions”