exchange to for study in europe.

<<

Emerson

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 02 Oct 2012, 00:33

exchange to for study in europe.

hello!
I would first like to introduce myself ... My name is Emerson Tomé, a Brazilian, I'm 19 years old and study civil engineering.
I'm trying an exchange to Europe to study, and I have some options, I'd like you guys, Europeans (and the community's Kam), help me choose which is the best.

Well, are the following:
Berlin - Germany
Coimbra - Portugal
Madrid - Spain
and Michigan - USA

try to give me tips on this situation in the regions in this moment, because except for some Michigan in the Brazilian did not have much contact.

Quick google translation.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 02 Oct 2012, 07:59

Re: exchange to for study in europe.

Hi Emerson,
Pity The Netherlands isn't among your options, otherwise it would have been easy to choose!
USA isn't Europe so if you want to go to Europe that isn't really an option. :P I'd go for Berlin or Madrid. I've never been to Madrid so I can't say which of the two 'is better'.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 02 Oct 2012, 08:59

Welcome Emerson.

I have to agree with the Dark Lord. Too bad The Netherlands aren't an option for you. Anyway I think Berlin is a good choice for your kind of study (purely based on assumptions though). If you think it will be hard for you adapting to colder weather I would advise Madrid :D

I have never been to one of those cities though.

When do you have to decide where you want to go?
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 02 Oct 2012, 12:19

Hi Emerson,

Spain (and to a minor extend, Portugal) is going through some very rough economic times at the moment. I don't think it would involve your stay, but that should be mentioned.

Well, for a brazilian Berlin will feel very cold in the beginning when you go there in the european winter. But you'll get used to that.
<<

Emerson

Serf

Post 02 Oct 2012, 15:13

Actually the netherlands is the options!! well I'll send the list with everyone.

Australia, Germany, Canada, South Korea, United States, Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal and the UK.

I think the best option would be to south korea. But not interest me go to asia.

If you can give more informations on the netherlands would be very useful!

I can only survive with English in Holland and the rest of europe?

Thank you!!

Quick google translation.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 02 Oct 2012, 15:24

You can survive the Netherlands with only English, most people know enough English for a decent conversation. It will be harder in some other countries I think, southern Europe for example.

I'm quite sure the Netherlands are quite good at civil engineering (especially if its about water management).
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Fried Chicken

Woodcutter

Post 02 Oct 2012, 16:02

I've been to Coimbra, Portugal and all I can say, plz don't go there it looks so crap, basicly the worst university I've ever visited.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Oct 2012, 16:21

Don't go to Australia, your pings in KaM will be even worse trolololol
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Oct 2012, 00:37

Hahah I'd suggest you come to Australia but our dollar is really high so your money won't buy much when you convert it to Australian dollars. And apparently rent is really expensive at the moment too. But our economy isn't going to ruin as much as Europe/USA's is :P We have some other advantages over Europe too: Everyone here speaks English, it's nice and warm, we have beaches, kangaroos, hundreds of poisonous animals, all that stuff tourists get excited about. Anyway, I'll happily answer any questions you have about Australia :)
<<

Emerson

Serf

Post 03 Oct 2012, 01:16

hahahaha... im really money is not a problem. because it is free for me ( with some expenses own part) the Brazilian government pay all. but i have to friends are trying to go to australia. and vacancies are aimed at numbers 3 to 10 for each university, taking no more than 2 of the same course. i think Netherlands is more easy to go compared to australia.

Thanks! :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 03 Oct 2012, 09:01

Where exactly in the Netherlands can you go? Which university?
South-Korea and Australia seem great options too, tbh I'd go for one of those. :P
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Oct 2012, 09:03

Chance of dying in Australia is a lot higher than in The Netherlands :P

We don't have poisonous animals here :P
(Although they do have kangaroos, which are awesome. If you don't mind seeing kangaroos and dying afterwards, go for Australia! :P)
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 03 Oct 2012, 09:10

When you decide the Netherlands are the best choice I would advise University of Delft (I heard its good at that kind of studies). The University of Twente is also an option, but I think its not that interesting for someone from Brazil although its a nice university. I probably forgot other universities.
We don't have poisonous animals here :P
We got one poisonous snake! You'll almost never see it though.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 03 Oct 2012, 09:19

Utrecht University is the highest ranked university of The Netherlands, but I agree that TU Delft (Technische Universiteit Delft) might be the best one for you as technical stuff is their speciality. :mrgreen:
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 03 Oct 2012, 09:57

Go Poland, with your english you won't be able to speak with anyone and you will die from starvation! :D
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert

Return to “General Chit Chat”