Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

how can i get the peasants rebellion to run in windows 7

<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 22 Sep 2012, 22:34

how can i get the peasants rebellion to run in windows 7

i have 2 windows 7 pcs that i use to play it but one of them cant run it without virtual pc. the problem with virtual pc is the limited screen size. therefore i want to play it directly in windows 7 and that works on my laptop but not on my desktop. both have the latest system updates. linking virtual pc on the desktop with no virtual pc on the laptop cause desync by the way. please help me out.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Sep 2012, 22:43

Re: how can i get the peasants rebellion to run in windows 7

Try using the Windows Vista & 7 Fix
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 22 Sep 2012, 23:23

i wouldnt have written this topic if that had helped so it clearly doesnt solve my problem. it helped it run better on my vista pc though but i dont want to occupy it too much because i transfer dvds to it that i recorded on either of my dvd recorders. i installed that direct draw file in the fix and the result is the same as before i installed it.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Sep 2012, 23:25

i wouldnt have written this topic if that had helped so it clearly doesnt solve my problem. it helped it run better on my vista pc though but i dont want to occupy it too much because i transfer dvds to it that i recorded on either of my dvd recorders. i installed that direct draw file in the fix and the result is the same as before i installed it.
Well then you should've added that to your starting post. I'm not psychic.. :rolleyes:

The fix should work, so I have no idea why it's not working. Have you tried KaM Remake yet, or do you want to play the original?
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 22 Sep 2012, 23:52

i tend to forget to add some important information. as for the remake, until it gets all of the expansion stuff working i am sticking with the original version. i have already played the game enough to see all of the stuff that isnt in the expansion so i want to test the expansion stuff but then i need to get the game working.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Sep 2012, 23:57

i tend to forget to add some important information. as for the remake, until it gets all of the expansion stuff working i am sticking with the original version. i have already played the game enough to see all of the stuff that isnt in the expansion so i want to test the expansion stuff but then i need to get the game working.
What is "all the expansion stuff"?

I think Lewin might be able to answer your question.
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 23 Sep 2012, 00:26

the expansion have several new buildings like the fisher`s hut and a few others. i know because i originally got the earlier version. it keep crashing to desktop the moment i start it on the desktop but run perfectly on the laplop. they use the same system.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Sep 2012, 02:33

the expansion have several new buildings like the fisher`s hut and a few others. i know because i originally got the earlier version. it keep crashing to desktop the moment i start it on the desktop but run perfectly on the laplop. they use the same system.
We've added the fisherman's hut, but we don't plan to add the town hall and siege workshop because we don't think they fit into the game (our reasons are explained on our FAQ). They might be added later with some redesigning. The Remake is not intended to be a clone of The Peasants Rebellion (aka the expansion), we are making minor adjustments that we think improve the game. We are also quite heavily focused on multiplayer at the moment because there's a lot of demand for that, since multiplayer didn't work in the original game but singleplayer mostly did. We are still working on singleplayer though, the next update fixes some issues in the campaigns.

As for getting The Peasants Rebellion working on our computers, I'm not sure why the Windows 7/Vista patch didn't work for you. You should also make sure you have DirectX installed although that's kind of standard these days. What happens when you run the game? Does it crash or display incorrectly or what?

On another note you can usually make a virtual machine go into full screen mode so it stretches and takes up your whole screen.
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 23 Sep 2012, 15:22

i have tried virtual pc but it limits the size of the game plus that it cause desync when i combine it with running the game without virtual pc on the laptop. on the desktop(when running without virtual pc) the game doesnt show anything. it either opens a black screen then crash directly with an appcrash error.(some times it doesnt even bring up a black screen.)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 24 Sep 2012, 07:53

What do you mean by desync? You mean in multiplayer? That's a bug in TPR, it always goes out of sync in multiplayer regardless of whether you are using a VM or not.The Shattered Kingdom (TSK) doesn't go out of sync but it's a bit hard to use. Neither of them support multiplayer saves either.

I'd recommend the Remake for multiplayer, but of course I would say that because I helped make it ;)
Or did you mean something else by desync?
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 24 Sep 2012, 08:36

it didnt desync last night when i played without virtual pcs. the problem with that is that i used my vista pc and that is my main pc so it limits what i can do a bit. (not in the game though.) i need a solution to get it working on my windows 7 desktop so that my vista pc is free to be used for other things. please provide a solution.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 24 Sep 2012, 08:58

Occasionally it doesn't desync but usually it does, even in just a small way. I've had it happen many times to me with no VMs so I really don't think it's related to that.
i need a solution to get it working on my windows 7 desktop so that my vista pc is free to be used for other things. please provide a solution.
My solution is to use the KaM Remake. There are a lot of things better about multiplayer in the Remake, such as:
- You can save/load your game, you can't in the original game, you had to finish it all in one go
- There are about 100 maps, the original game only had about 10
- You can play against the AI (co-operative)
- You can play online as well as LAN

And also general improvements such as:
- Modern resolutions supported
- Windowed mode
- Graphical improvements
- Faster frame rate (noticeable when scrolling) and more responsive interface

I don't know why KaM TPR doesn't work for you. Maybe you have a dodgy version, if you really want to get it working you could buy it again from Good Old Games (GOG.com) here:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/knights_ ... _rebellion
They say that version works on Windows 7, they made a few modifications to make it work (that's where the Windows Vista/7 patch comes from). So if you do want to use TPR instead of the Remake then my solution is to buy it from GOG.

By the way, did you know this is a fan forum and not an official support forum? We have no obligation to "provide" you with a solution, but we are more than happy to offer suggestions.
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 24 Sep 2012, 12:07

the remake dont support all of the expansion buildings and that is why i dont want to play that. the original game do however support saving and loading(at least the original version supports loading. i havent tested the expansion yet on that field.) i am running the same version on both of my windows 7 pcs and it works on the laptop. i dont have a credit card so i cant buy stuff online. the original game had online play once but, the servers are offline now. please keep on topic in the future.(i am tired of getting my topics derailed.)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Sep 2012, 12:10

please keep on topic in the future.(i am tired of getting my topics derailed.)
Excuse me?

Lewin and I were trying to answer your questions and making suggestions.. If you don't appreciate our help, go somewhere else. :?
<<

andreasaspenberg

Laborer

Post 24 Sep 2012, 12:19

this topic was created so that i could get it to work in windows 7. suggesting the remake is then off topic plus that this isnt the remake forum. please help me get the original game working in windows 7. please dont ban me.

Return to “General Talk”