Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Solutions for traffic jams

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Oct 2012, 19:02

Re: Solutions for traffic jams

That's intended, you can make shortcuts diagonally, but the serfs won't bring resources to/from the building if it doesn't have a normal road. (Not sure if it applies only to wood and stone while it's being built, or to any resource, for example when you destroy the road to the building)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Oct 2012, 20:02

Yes, it only works if there is a normal connection already. I'm against any form of diagonal roads though, it looks really bad when there is a piece missing (and stone is the cheapest resource too).
<<

tover

Farmer

Post 26 Oct 2012, 17:27

yes thats why i said if u make a full square u can leave 1 side unconnected,the other side is connected so they will bring building materials.im surprised to hear this is intended as serfs otherwise always stick to roads(apart from bringing stuff to builders/to army.

even with knowing it is possible i could never bring myself to using this,it looks so wrong :p
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Oct 2012, 17:05

One of the greatest aspects of KaM is the complex system in which the economy and military work. Obviously, it is rather clunky at times, and managing a large army is a hand-full, but the complexity is what makes the game so special.
No other game that I have played requires you to put so much care into the layout of your city. The road network is awesome. It's like a huge urban city. If the traffic isn't managed properly, than cars pile up and nobody gets anywhere. That's why I like the traffic jams. For more skilled players, there are almost never traffic jams because they know how to prevent them. That is how it should be. Now, I'm not saying that it should be impossibly hard for beginners to manage a town, but town management should still be a large part of the game.

Which is why I don't think there is any problem with the traffic. I don't think the road, themselves need to be changed at all. Adding a option for setting priorities would be nice, among other similar things, but I don't think there needs to be 2-way traffic or anything like that.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”