Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Exploiting archer Attack/Stand ground command

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Sep 2012, 09:51

Exploiting archer Attack/Stand ground command

If you have a group of crossbowmen/archers and you attack with them, their reload time is reduced to 0 if you order them to stay where they are. So what you can do is let them fire, and after they all fired their arrow you click on stand ground (or if you're attacking a building you just right-click on the building again) and they will fire immediately another arrow. You can do this as many times as you want. Personally I don't use it in battle, but sometimes when a tower is blocking my way I'm a little impatient and exploit this. :P
It was like this in TPR/TSK too but I don't think it's a good thing. Maybe archers/crossbowmen should just stand idle for a little while if you try this.

Edit: I just did a test, you can destroy towers twice as fast this way. In battle this would mean twice as much damage, although it's a bit harder to use in battle.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Sep 2012, 10:26

Re: Exploiting archer Attack/Stand ground command

Edit: I just did a test, you can destroy towers twice as fast this way. In battle this would mean twice as much damage, although it's a bit harder to use in battle.
Really? I thought that they need a little bit of time to check whats going on^^ before they shoot, and so its more or less the same time. Thats interesting. This thing should be fixed. However nice feature, if someone spam towers :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 06 Sep 2012, 10:45

Really? I thought that they need a little bit of time to check whats going on^^ before they shoot, and so its more or less the same time. Thats interesting. This thing should be fixed. However nice feature, if someone spam towers :D
Yes, I ran a test with 8 crossbowmen in total. I let them attack two towers at the same time, so 4 crossbowmen attacking one tower each. The distance towards the towers was the same for the two groups (I didn't think it matters at all but just to be sure :P). Obviously I couldn't have them attack the towers at exactly the same time, I only have one mouse to order them around. So I let the group that attacked first just do their job without interference, while with the second group I exploited the attack command. The second group had destroyed their tower while the other tower had approximately 125 hp (I watched the flames at the building and checked in the map editor how much hp it has at a certain state). I think it was a bit less, probably around 115-120, but they attacked first and I wasn't as efficient exploiting this as I could have been, so I'm really convinced 'twice as fast' is possible.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 Sep 2012, 10:53

Good test. Only one other question. Does it matter if the crossbowmen is full of condition. My das told me that they are stronger if they get feed, short time ago :D
If yes, are both groups of your test have the same condition?!

pawel95
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 06 Sep 2012, 10:59

No, it doesn't matter. At least not in Remake. A while ago, one of my scouts lost a 1v1 battle vs another scout that was almost dying from hunger. Lewin explained me that a soldier's condition doesn't affect its fighting abilities.
I've been thinking about this and at first I thought that maybe soldiers in a good condition should be stronger. But that would just result in people camping in their towns, not recruiting any units, and then when the enemy attacks they spam everything they have from their barracks and engage battle. On the other hand I think it wouldn't be bad that starving units are a little weaker than others (I mean, if you didn't eat for 4 days, I don't think you would be able to do as much as someone who just had a healthy meal). It would also be another stimulus for people to feed their soldiers, and not just send them to their doom.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 Sep 2012, 11:05

(I mean, if you didn't eat for 4 days, I don't think you would be able to do as much as someone who just had a healthy meal).
Yes, thats the point. Maybe in the Remake Lewin+Krom should implement sth. like that, if it is(like you have said) not implemented.

However your test is than right and we should think about, to fix this "cheat"

Return to “Bugs”