Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Trade caravans

<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Sep 2012, 15:56

Trade caravans

There were already some discussions about trading between allies, still I think this subject needs some progress. :)
So what I mean is the ability to trade between players...
Why would trading between allies? It would give the possibility to cooperate, even before pt ends.
Still, it shouldn't be too easy so what I had in mind:

- Both players need to rely their cities with roads.
- A new building: Something like a 'trade caravan'
- Once the buildings finished and the cities relied,
player 1 has to choose the resource he wants to trade and the destination player, in the trade caravan.
- After that, the serfs from player 1 bring the resources into the trade caravan from player 1, and the serfs from player 2 take the resources and bring it to their destination. (storehouse/other buildings)

So this idea of trading would increase the interest of '2-players villages', since it would only be possible in those cases, on maps like wilderness for example trading would be almost impossible. For example on warfare in the wilderness 8p: Player A goes fully for iron, wine, wood. Player B goes for Leather, bread, saussiges, horses and wood. So player 1 supplies player B with wood and wine, while player B supplies player A with food, gold and horses.
What's the interest of this? Except that I think it would be great to play like that, players will need less buildings since they don't need all buildings, giving advantage on the costs and having a higher production.

It's just an idea to add trading between allies, but I hope that 1 day this feature could be added to the game. :)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Sep 2012, 18:42

Re: Trade caravans

Nice idea, but this..
- A new building: Something like a 'trade caravan'
...is a NO-Go for me. Not because the idea is bad(The idea is good) Only, because we have already a great building(marketplace {Made by StarGazer}) which is really good made and this should be the only trading house in KaM.
There are a good number of buildings. For me its the same, when you would build a woodcutter for leaves trees
and one woodcutter for needle trees :D (Like in Settlers Online)

The nice thing by this idea of trading with allies, is that you have more options/strategies. E.g. in "Northern Province" one player can only make iron, and the other corn(horses) and before PT is out, they can trade.

pawel95
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Sep 2012, 19:37

What about adding a functionality to click on allies' marketplace? Then you would see almost the same market controls at left of your screen, except that you would click on one resource (not 2) and would set how much of it you want to bring to the market.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 06 Sep 2012, 06:45

Market would be good for me too, trade caravan was just an idea to make it work.
But I like Sado his idea, but since in Kam you can't use ally's buildings, click on your market, then 'send ally', click on your ally's market, then you select the quantity of wich resource and your serfs will bring it to there. This way both players will need the market.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Sep 2012, 09:17

As I suggested many times before: dump the marketplace, use it as a building for trade between players.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 06 Sep 2012, 09:40

As I suggested many times before: dump the marketplace, use it as a building for trade between players.
Haha, nice try.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Sep 2012, 13:26

Haha, nice try.
I actually like his idea, even though I sometimes used the market to spam horses.
(I stopped when he found out :D)
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 06 Sep 2012, 13:40

If you ask me, it makes much more sense to have the marketplace for trade between players rather than for yourself only. Atleast thats what i thought it was before i learned how it worked, considering im used to marketplaces in other games (age of empires, Settlers etc) :) I dont mind if the current marketplaces function gets replaced with player trading but i doubt it will, so in that case it should be built in somehow... but i cant figure out a way it wont be confusing and look ugly (gui wise) i guess. But geif player trading indeed :)!
A mage is never late - Gandalf
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Sep 2012, 15:43

Haha, nice try.
I actually like his idea, even though I sometimes used the market to spam horses.
(I stopped when he found out :D)
Haha I remember that. ''Nice stables you have there.'' :P

I might start a petition, I see I would have 3 signs already! ;)
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 06 Sep 2012, 16:14

What is not logic about the marktplace now, it just makes resources appear. You don't event need a magician to make them appear, for me it's an argument like with nobody pushing the catapults.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 06 Sep 2012, 17:46

<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 06 Sep 2012, 20:33

Yes could be possible. :D
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Sep 2012, 05:14

What is not logic about the marktplace now, it just makes resources appear. You don't event need a magician to make them appear, for me it's an argument like with nobody pushing the catapults.
We do favor some magic over another. Two of such kinds are:
- houses have wares stored in infinite spacious 4th dimension (Store, Barracks, Market).
- wares are allowed to transmute into one another with simplest of effort (less than a minute for a complete turnover)

We don't favor conscious movement of inanimate matter (except for arrows and rocks from Towers, but these are hardly acting on their will). That negates your argument.

Bonus: we also favor units appearing from gold chests in School - thats a magic too. Conclusion is - we do favor some magic over another and we have a "rulebook" of what magic is allowed and what - not.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 06:25

Yes I agree, school should also be removed, it's doesn't fit kam anymore..
I never tought about that. :D
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 10 Sep 2012, 13:02

I might start a petition, I see I would have 3 signs already! ;)
Four ;)

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”