Rendering bug

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Aug 2012, 11:04

Rendering bug

We discovered a bug with rendering that effected certain GPUs relating to the way height transforms tiles as triangles. Here are some screenshots from around the kingdom showing the difference:

CORRECT

INCORRECT

CORRECT

INCORRECT

CORRECT

INCORRECT

CORRECT

INCORRECT

Please note that only a few people will be seeing the "incorrect" rendering in-game, because it only effects certain GPUs. Most of you should already be seeing the "correct" version.

Which do you prefer? The "correct" ones are the way original KaM does it, and we think the terrain looks better/more interesting like this. We also want the game to look the same on all GPUs obviously.

As a result of fixing this we will no longer be supporting OpenGL 1.4 (our previous requirement), our minimum requirement will be OpenGL 1.5. If you have an old computer take a look at the top of the menu where the version is displayed and let us know if you have OpenGL older than 1.5. We'd like to know how many of you are out there to see whether it's worth implementing a solution for old OpenGL versions.
Cheers,
Lewin.
<<

koczis12

Militia

Post 29 Aug 2012, 12:52

Re: Rendering bug

I'm definitely in favour of the "correct" one. Thats the way KaM shoud look like. Besides when someone with the "correct" one will make a new map and then players with the "incorrect" one will play on it, they will not see the map that someone tried to make. So I think that everyone should have the "correct" version.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Aug 2012, 13:01

Re: Rendering bug

I'm definitely in favour of the "correct" one. Thats the way KaM shoud look like. Besides when someone with the "correct" one will make a new map and then players with the "incorrect" one will play on it, they will not see the map that someone tried to make. So I think that everyone should have the "correct" version.
In the next release everyone will have the "correct" one :)

Return to “Bugs”