Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Unpopular Multiplayer Maps

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 10 Aug 2012, 09:10

Re: Unpopular Multiplayer Maps

I watched the replay in a crash report of Grassland Clash once and it was a really interesting game :) The terrain could be improved but the layout is quite interesting for smaller games.
Do you still have that replay? I'd like to see it.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 10 Aug 2012, 09:46

Do you still have that replay? I'd like to see it.
I probably have it in our mailbox with the other 250+ crash reports :P It was a while ago and I don't have an easy way to find it, sorry.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Aug 2012, 15:51

It's difficult to say something on this topic without offending someone. I will give you a list of the only maps I play instead of maps I don't play. In order:

1. Wilderness (good oll willy, hehe)
2. Golden Cliffs (yes, it's very good)
3. Back in the Desert (mostly because it's 8p and has different starting locs)
4. Across the Desert (only when we are bored playing the same maps in a row)
5. Arctic Warfare (not too much)

Hmm, only 5 maps? Yes I admit I am very picky. I want to play on maps that look good, are fairly open, only start with a storehouse, are reasonable balanced and have enough starting recourses. I should play on the improved Warfare in the Wilderness more often but I think it's really hard to play and it's difficult to set up an efficient iron weapon production there.

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 10 Aug 2012, 17:08

Yes it's not the easiest map available. But I think it's pretty balanced so every player faces the same problem. Have you considered playing with 65 pt?
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Aug 2012, 17:43

It's difficult to say something on this topic without offending someone. I will give you a list of the only maps I play instead of maps I don't play. In order:

Hmm, only 5 maps? Yes I admit I am very picky. I want to play on maps that look good, are fairly open, only start with a storehouse, are reasonable balanced and have enough starting recourses. I should play on the improved Warfare in the Wilderness more often but I think it's really hard to play and it's difficult to set up an efficient iron weapon production there.

To
Huh i must disagree with some things.

Across- i hate this map. Poor available resources, totally unbalanced locs( 2 and 3 are too easy to def, while loc1 have all far, and low place. Loc 4 are extremely hard to def). I really cant see any balance here. And no one agreed( or even read) my post on first on second page about gold here? ;<

Wilderness- this poor loc 4 make me unlike this map. I know, that you improved it, but it still too weak compare to others.

Hm and i see, that we have very low chance to meet in lobby, cause i played only Back Desert- rest map your lis i avoiding :'(

TDL: I think on Warfare in the Wilderness PT should be 65-70. 60 is really too low.

And i think, Oasis Struggle isnt popular- this map havent enough space for 8 p and have poor amount of coal and iron.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Aug 2012, 18:18

I agree that Wilderness and for instance Across the Desert have unbalanced locs. But because it's a 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 map I think it's more important that the teams are balanced. If we play Wilderness it's best to let 3 and 2 play against 1 and 4. If you look at it this way I think you understand why I call it balanced. On teammaps I see a little too often players complain about individual locs but I like to see if teams are balanced instead. If I play on Back in the Desert and I'm on a loc where gold is far away I don't mind as long as there is also a player on a similar loc playing from the opposing team. However I do think the balance on a 1 vs 1 map must be the same so gold and iron are equal far away ofcourse.
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Aug 2012, 18:26

I can understand Wilderness Balance, but not Across, where loc 2 and 3 must be same team. In 2v2v2 on Across, those two locs have big advantage, while 1 and 6 have problem.( i talking about situation, when players have siimilar skills, cause pros ofc on loc 1 and 6 can easy crush weak player on 2 and 3)
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Aug 2012, 19:29

I can understand Wilderness Balance, but not Across, where loc 2 and 3 must be same team. In 2v2v2 on Across, those two locs have big advantage, while 1 and 6 have problem.( i talking about situation, when players have siimilar skills, cause pros ofc on loc 1 and 6 can easy crush weak player on 2 and 3)
True, thats why we mostly play across only if we a tired of playing another 6p map and that doesn't happen alot. I also dislike the low amount of recourses on across. No fun in loosing a game only because recourses are depleted. To make it even more unbalancend try to set up right vs left, hehe.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 11 Aug 2012, 15:31

To
Huh i must disagree with some things.

Across- i hate this map. Poor available resources, totally unbalanced locs( 2 and 3 are too easy to def, while loc1 have all far, and low place. Loc 4 are extremely hard to def). I really cant see any balance here. And no one agreed( or even read) my post on first on second page about gold here? ;<

Wilderness- this poor loc 4 make me unlike this map. I know, that you improved it, but it still too weak compare to others.

Hm and i see, that we have very low chance to meet in lobby, cause i played only Back Desert- rest map your lis i avoiding :'(

TDL: I think on Warfare in the Wilderness PT should be 65-70. 60 is really too low.

And i think, Oasis Struggle isnt popular- this map havent enough space for 8 p and have poor amount of coal and iron.
WTF did i just read?
If U think that loc 4 is weak, I can challenge you to a 1v1 match with me playing on 4 if you like.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2012, 15:36

To
100% agree with u here!
More quality maps are required, more crappy maps are to be deleted!
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Aug 2012, 16:25

I tested gold in all locs on Across- it just 400 each( +/- 5 on locs 2 and 3). I think for whole game is far to little. It would be nice too see improved gold in next upd.

EDMatt: Probably you will win, cause i actually dont play this map( played just like 6-7 times this and 2 times on loc 4). I dont like many original TSK maps( Wilderness, Across, Bridge Disaster). But its my feelings. I enjoyed more HellRacers maps ;]
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2012, 17:53

I tested gold in all locs on Across- it just 400 each( +/- 5 on locs 2 and 3). I think for whole game is far to little. It would be nice too see improved gold in next upd.

EDMatt: Probably you will win, cause i actually dont play this map( played just like 6-7 times this and 2 times on loc 4). I dont like many original TSK maps( Wilderness, Across, Bridge Disaster). But its my feelings. I enjoyed more HellRacers maps ;]
nuf said right there... -.-'

let me guess, you are also a fan of 1000 corpse and straits of sharks?
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Aug 2012, 18:26

EDMatt, I think you should totally drop the 'cool' attitude.
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Aug 2012, 20:45

nuf said right there... -.-'

let me guess, you are also a fan of 1000 corpse and straits of sharks?
Nope. I dont like 1000 corpses and hate map Like Strait of Sharks and Blood River.

I Agree with TDL. I just prefer other kind of maps.

And to topic: Someone agree with my opinion about gold on Across( and balance)?
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2012, 20:53

Yes, I agree with you Luki, specially few gold at position 4.
I remember one of tournament games,,, Maslo had to trade lances for gold ore.

And EDMatt is (6).

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”