Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TPR Mission 1 bugged?

<<

Alterac

Peasant

Post 02 Aug 2012, 21:19

TPR Mission 1 bugged?

First of all, hi all! It's awesome to see such an active community for a game as old as and as awesome as this one. :)

Now on to the problem:
Unlike SR3, the remake's TPR Mission 1 appears to be unwinnable and bugged at that. Not only does the enemy hugely ignore the western town and concentrate all efforts on the eastern one - leading to your inevitable defeat due to destruction both the eastern store and school, their south western army of lance carriers and axemen march into your castle to attack your leftmost towers (for fun, I suppose).

Any comments on this?

Edit: I wasn't sure if this was a bug or if I was just lousy at the game so I didn't post it in under bugs. Forgive me if I have erred.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Aug 2012, 03:03

Re: TPR Mission 1 bugged?

Hi,
Thanks for your message.
The problem is that our AI is not the same as the original. We are using exactly the same mission script as in SR3, but our AI is faster to attack and respond so it's not balanced. Please report any issues like this with campaign missions and I'll try to sort them out by adjusting the number of troops and tweaking the script.

Attacking your castle shouldn't happen, it appears to be a difference in the way TPR interprets attack targets.... I've fixed it by changing the target so it's not ambiguous.

Cheers,
Lewin.

EDIT: I've added slightly more troops for you and tweaked a few other things, and now it plays well in my opinion :) Let us know what you think in the beta or next release.
<<

Alterac

Peasant

Post 03 Aug 2012, 09:29

Hi,

Wow, that was fast. :D I was playing the remake's TSK in the meantime and found mission 5 to be unwinnable as well. The scenario is as follows:
When the game starts,
1. Blue attacks from the east with axemen
2. Blue and Pink attacks Yellow's pikemen (your ally) from the north with horsemen and knights
3. Another squad of Pink's horsemen rushes down and attacks your barracks

When Yellow's pikemen have all died, the game ends despite their town still being intact. This happens really fast making it impossible to assist him with your own pikemen which is place within your town. I believe either 3 or 2's scripted attack is bugged as well since a trigger message, "Protect thy troops and thyself from those scoundrelly troops, the horsed knights..." occurs at 1 m 50 s but nothing happens (I only got this far because I clicked to 'continue watching' after my miserable defeat. :P
EDIT: A army of Pink horsemen and knights do appear 5 m 30 s in to attack your ally's town.

Thanks Lewin!

Cheers!
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 03 Aug 2012, 11:30

I passed this mission, it takes me 3 tries. You can ignore blues axefighters and send militia and own axefighters+ archers to help ally, cause those blue will stay and die by starvation( it should be fixed). After first attack on ally, you should fast train lances from barracks and try defend this second attack after 5 min 30 s. Key to win this is not engage ally on this battle or only when the enemies are really few and you havent own infantry. After this second attack, mission is very easy.

Btw maybe we should make 2 topics about TSk and TPR single players buggy/thing to change?
<<

Alterac

Peasant

Post 04 Aug 2012, 14:35

Thanks Luki. That worked. Blue's army of axemen really just sits there doing nothing if you don't engage them.

The same can be said of mission 6 which is really hard unless you cheese out like I did by not engaging the AI.

I've reached another roadblock. TSK mission 8 had armies of barbarians that assault you. The advice is to build towers which I did by 7 mins 30s (see below) but even these weren't enough - I've tried countless times.

Would the difficulty of mission 6 and 8 have anything to do with the fact that longbowmen are now nerfed?

EDIT: I realised that this thread has veered off-topic. Should I make a new thread?
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 04 Aug 2012, 16:21

8 TSK fiest attack its pretty hard. With nerfed archers+ lowered towers accuracy in normal fight its impossible to win. I Tried like 30 times- in 99% my tries i cant even beat first two packs barbarians, and lost all troops before last pack came to attack storhouse. Next 1% i win battle ( placed 9 towers before and while attack), but had 0 stone and no quarry after battle. Morning started to do many different things( like luring enemy before attack etc) and finally won, but needed much tricks- first i sacrificed 2 axefigters to make militia from east back to village instead wasting my stones. Then i sacrificed another axefighter to stop one pack of barbarian, while killed second. Again had 9 towers, but now only to block entrance( i locked stone to 4 of them), so only few barbs can fight my army. Rest barbs wasnt problem, when coming just 1 pack at same time. I survived this initial attack with all archers, one full pack 15 axefighters and 2 axefighters from second pack. i lost many serfs/builders also( but enemy didnt attack fast after this initial battle). Like 5 mission, after this ttack is easy to win mission

About offtopic, i posted in my first post here an idea, but actually no any answer ;]
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Aug 2012, 10:01

Since r3392 I have fixed the balance on these missions: (and tested that they are not hard to beat the first attacks)
- TPR 1
- TSK 5
- TSK 6
- TSK 8

I also fixed TSK 9. (the enemy starved due to traffic jams)
I fixed the TSK 5 axefighters that would starve to death if you moved your troops away, now they chase after you.
Btw maybe we should make 2 topics about TSk and TPR single players buggy/thing to change?
The problem is there's a lot of stuff being changed with each release that effects the balance. Our AI becomes smarter, archer/watchtower accuracy is tweaked, etc.
I think such a topic is a good idea, but I might wait until the next release before creating it because the release isn't too far away now.

Return to “Bugs”