Wilderness loc 4 overpowered

<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 27 Jul 2012, 02:16

Wilderness loc 4 overpowered

Hey ,

After a game with To , bo and Pizza on wilderness I came to the conclution that the location that I played on is too overpowered (too many trees given East).
In my honest opinion bottom right location (I forgot what location that is :) ) should recieve more trees while some or most of the trees on location 4 should be removed..
As you can see alot of trees still remaining even after i took alot of them down.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 27 Jul 2012, 06:54

Re: Wilderness loc 4 overpowered

Does trees make a loc overpowered? Look at the space you'll need to defend, more than the other locs.

Right under is indeed the worst loc.
Last edited by Da Revolution on 27 Jul 2012, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Jul 2012, 07:43

I thought the number of trees (which is a definite advantage) was counter balanced by the location being so open and hard to defend (that area with all the trees is very large and has lots of entrances, so it's hard to build a tower defence)
I haven't played it enough to know whether it really is overpowered though.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Jul 2012, 16:23

Actualy that's loc 3. Loc 4 is the worst loc of the map. :D
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 28 Jul 2012, 14:36

And I was expecting To to give his analysis on the matter after the game we had together :)..
anyway the picture shown is after i cut down alot of it , and still lots of trees were available below.
Rev, if one is given alot of trees , that would mean worry free early weapon production as well as faster building time.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 28 Jul 2012, 14:42

There are more things needed to make a loc overpowered.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 28 Jul 2012, 15:21

In my opinion map is balanced well at the moment.

If you think an opportunity to build lots of militia gives you a chance to win... think once more.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 28 Jul 2012, 23:51

In my opinion map is balanced well at the moment.

If you think an opportunity to build lots of militia gives you a chance to win... think once more.
I would be the last person to ever build militia :)
I am referring to the fact that you can build 40 spear before peacetime..
It was my first game on that location actually ever, and I managed around 35 spear and 10 axe units built (without counting my iron units..)

I am just saying that those trees make it too easy in that location as appose to any other location in the map.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Jul 2012, 02:51

But you'll need those extra spearmen to defend such an open and vulnerable position. It balances out because the trees are an advantage but the open nature of the location means you need lots of towers/soldiers to defend it all effectively. Having more soldiers after peacetime doesn't show that it's overpowered.
Wilderness isn't a mirror map, each position has it's pros and cons and that's what makes it interesting in my opinion :)

And don't under estimate militia, I once killed 20 crossbowmen with just 8 or so militia because I crept up on them from behind and charged when their owner wasn't expecting it :P They're nice because they're cheap and expendable so you can just march through a tower wall that has no troops defending it and not worry about losing a few militia.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Jul 2012, 16:45

I think we talked already too much about this map, see also viewtopic.php?f=5&t=959 but I must agree with Mathew here that 3 is very OP. I normaly play random on this map but maybe it's better to set up 1 and 4 versus 2 and 3. Sometimes when playing against skilled players who have loc 1 and 3 it's very hard to defeat them. But location 4 in the previous release was even more worse.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 01 Aug 2012, 22:25

I think we talked already too much about this map, see also viewtopic.php?f=5&t=959 but I must agree with Mathew here that 3 is very OP. I normaly play random on this map but maybe it's better to set up 1 and 4 versus 2 and 3. Sometimes when playing against skilled players who have loc 1 and 3 it's very hard to defeat them. But location 4 in the previous release was even more worse.
+1
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!

Return to “Map Design”