Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

2 Player map

<<

M.C.

Peasant

Post 26 Jul 2012, 20:21

2 Player map

Hi there,

I love creating custom maps for games and as I'm playing this game again now, after about 12 years, I started with a first map. I have only one problem: very few spare time... :'( So I decided to start with small map sizes and few players and besides I recognized that in the current version of the remake aren't many 2 player maps. So here you go:

The map is named Deep Water, a multiplayer 2 player map, it is designed for the KaM remake and it is about bridges. I like the idea of defending or attacking a bridge as central topic of a map, but fighting on one bridge is normally very complicated in KaM. Therefore I chose a two bridges scenario, where the players have to defend both bridges in order to secure their resources. Because of that the resources of value in this map are more or less distributed into north and south, the player has to create a large village in order to gather all ressources and has to defend the mines properly. On the other hand the player can split his forces and do simultanous attacks on both sides. Theoretically. :mrgreen:
As I have not the time to do extensive testing on that I can only hope that it turns out the way it's meant to. Please help me with testing and your opinions!

Conserning the balance: I'm no expert at that, but I tried to give both players the same amount of resources without making the map too boring. I think the left side player has an advantage conserning building space, but I don't know how big this advantage is when playing... What do you think? Should I give the right side player an additional advantage or do you think it's overall fair?

Conserning the grafical part: It's my first map, so please give me your opinions on the look and atmosphäre and whether it's too flat or not. I'm especially interested whether the bridges look ok or not, I guess I'm no great artist though.

And a last question: Is there any interest in more 2 player maps (that focus on duelling situations) or do you think the larger maps designed for more players are fitting for 2 players as well and make special 2 player maps needless?

Screens and download: hopefully in the attachment...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by M.C. on 27 Jul 2012, 21:43, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 26 Jul 2012, 20:26

Re: 2 Player map

I haven't download the map but at my first look i think stone is too far away for the left loc.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

M.C.

Peasant

Post 26 Jul 2012, 20:32

It was my intention to make the players expand for resources, but I get your point: It's not the same distance for both players and therefore one will be faster than the other one in developing his city. I will correct it.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 26 Jul 2012, 20:55

There are two options to correct it.

1. Stone closer to starting position
2. Unlock woodcutter from the start
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

M.C.

Peasant

Post 26 Jul 2012, 21:22

I chose a third option :wink: : I changed the starting positions, so that the left player is now more central and the right one has an increased distance to his stone. It should fit now (update is in the first post).

EDIT: Some more updates: I gave the right player more trees and increased the amount of trees in general.

Return to “Map Design”