Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Godest KaM - TSK Co-op project (2 player version) UPDATED!

<<

godest

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Jun 2012, 12:01

Godest KaM - TSK Co-op project (2 player version) UPDATED!

Hello Fellow players!

I decided some time ago to convert the entire game (TSK) for a co-op mode for two players.
So far i have converted the missions listed below. Due to im working on it alone i dont have the time or manpower to balance test it all by myself.

What i have done is to some extend alter the terrain, in order for two players to fit in the maps that needed a change. When it comes to soldiers i have in most cases split the soldiers into the two human players. What i mean by this is that if you in singelplayer mode have 10 milita, you will now have 5 each instead.
I have done almost the same when it comes to resources. I decided only to split the military wares, since i think those are the only relevant. So for all weapons and armors are also split between the two human players. Wares like wood, stone etc are not shared, so you will both have the same amount as in singelplayer mode.

On some maps i have added more starting troops for tha ai, and also changed so that they will attack more often, and also sooner (from the start of the game). I have also changed somewhat the speed of which the ai trains more soldiers. My goal is not to make the singelplayer mode/experience harder, but to try and keep about the same difficulity but also to allow two players to share that experience. The first missions 1-4 as in Singelplayer are pretty easy, but i think that it will become harder and harder as you progress.

As i mentioned, i have not done all of the missions yet, and even the ones that you can download and test is not "really" finished. But you can really call all of them a work in progress since they have not been balanced properly yet i suppose. I hope you guys will try them out with friends or new people and see if you like it. Any feedback is valuable for me. But please keep in mind that its not finished by any means and that it should not be much harder or easier than singelplayer.

Here is a download link to the collection of missions thus far. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5iup6w296uct3ou

Below is pictures of the maps and it might give you a feel of how it has been changed for co-op.

Mission 1:

Mission 2:

Mission 3:

Mission 4:

Mission 5:

Mission 6:

Mission 7:

More coming soon!
Last edited by godest on 09 Jun 2012, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
A mage is never late - Gandalf
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Jun 2012, 12:14

Re: Godest KaM - TSK Co-op project (2 player version)

By testing i could help you, if i have time.
I´m very intersting in this coop missions and have played alle these missions, which are now in coop mode from TSk.
However i dont know: each mission is playable? i dont think so, because of the AI. For example the later mission, with green and black(sorry i dont know the number) is with AI building. And the AI only can build some few building in the remake. Eating and sleeping :D
Also there are still problems, for example, if one woodcutter is plant one tree at a building, which is not finished, only planing phase, the building will disappear and the AI stop build.

However like I said at the start, i could help you.

pawel95
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 08 Jun 2012, 12:19

Re: Godest KaM - TSK Co-op project (2 player version)

Yeah all testing and feedback is valuable :) Well when i get to that point in the mission i will probably work around it somehow, maybe one of the humans takes the ai's "role" so to speak. But for now i just take it one mission at a time :)

Also forgott to mention that yes all of the missions iv included so far are playable, but the 5th one is most likely to easy now since i have not had the time to alter their attack/build rate and such, but feel free to test away!
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Jun 2012, 08:12

Re: Godest KaM - TSK Co-op project (2 player version) UPDATE

I have now updated the project and i have 7 co-op missions to offer. Feel free to test the new and old ones as i continue to work on the rest of then :)
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 01 Jul 2012, 09:20

I havent had much time to work on the co-op camp lately due to summer and all that. But i am stil working on it. I will try to update it soonish to include some more missions. I see a lot of views on the thread but no feedback which is kind of sad :/ Have people tried the missions? Any thoughts?
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 02 Jul 2012, 14:09

I haven't played them, but the concept sounds awesome. Is there also a way to play the original campaign online with the original missions, but with shared control? Not that I don't like the co-op, though. I find this a fantastic initiative.

And are you going to do TSK when you're done with TPR?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 03 Jul 2012, 07:12

I haven't played them, but the concept sounds awesome. Is there also a way to play the original campaign online with the original missions, but with shared control? Not that I don't like the co-op, though. I find this a fantastic initiative.

And are you going to do TSK when you're done with TPR?
I dont think it is possible at this moment, but perhaps shared control is something that they will implement in the future, and if so, then one could easily just add another player to the single missions and "re-save" them and then play them with shared control or something like that ( depending on how/if they implement it) Feel free to try them out if you got the time and all that :)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 03 Jul 2012, 12:09

(...)
I dont think it is possible at this moment, but perhaps shared control is something that they will implement in the future, and if so, then one could easily just add another player to the single missions and "re-save" them and then play them with shared control or something like that ( depending on how/if they implement it) Feel free to try them out if you got the time and all that :)
Yeah, I will, but I don't have a friend to play with. :(
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 03 Jul 2012, 12:21

Looks like a really good project, I diddn't have time to check it out, but keep working on it, it's something I'd definitely play on later !
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 04 Jul 2012, 16:34

@FeyBart
Im kinda in the same situation while developing, well not always but partly which makes it hard to balance it properly. I do think however that even tho you are a two-man team now it should be a similar level while playing :) I hope you find someone to play with anyways :)

Thanks for the kind words. Im going to try and finish a few more missions this week and then il upload the new "package". Some levels with building team ai might be reworked tho ( considering the limitations in the current remake version ) But my goal is to make it somewhat similar, maybe in these levels one human player will replace this "building ai" all together, time will tell! stay tuned!
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 16 Jul 2012, 08:50

Iv tested all the maps with my brother and encountered several flaws and misses. i will correct them and continue on mission 8-10 :)

Edit: Both mission 5 and 7 need some more building space, and also on mission 5 there is a flaw which makes one player unable to reach one of the coal fields.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 18 Aug 2012, 23:41

Just wanted to say that i have not been slacking, but iv had a hdd crash but managed to save my work, but other things have been taking up my time lately :)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 18 Aug 2012, 23:49

I'm glad to see the project isn't dead !
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 20 Aug 2012, 11:42

I'm glad to see the project isn't dead !
Always glad to hear someone cares for the project aswell :) Been away a lot of the time during this summer, but going back today. Where i will have more time for myself and time to work on and finish this project :)!
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 20 Aug 2012, 13:35

There are some more caring about this project - for example me :)

Return to “General / Questions”