Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Kam team speak server

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:13

Re: Kam team speak server

He means he hasn't seen you on the server at any of the times he's been on.
Ah, thanks.

That's probably because I've been online only once before. As TieSTo stated: it's something I have to get used to. It's not like I don't have any other things to do. Sometimes I wonder what some of your lives look like. Some of you are online 24/7. That's impossible for me to accomplish, since I have a lot of work on my hands and I also have a social life of course.

The reason that Lewin, TDL and me have Admin rights on the TS channel, is that we want to 'contain' these rights. I would not be wise to split the community into two regarding moderation. On this forum (as in every other forum) we discuss things behind the scenes within the team. This way, we can keep doing that without any alterations. You should see the TS KaM Rooms as part of KaM.net (even though they're officially not (yet?)). Then there's the 'problem' that a team really needs to be a team. It often doesn't work putting a lot of different people in a team. It can lead to frustrations, etc. If you don't mind me saying, I think that Lewin, TDL and me form a very good team that's taking care of Litude's website for almost a year. We'd like to keep our team in that state, so that's why we would carefully consider a person willing to become TS Admin. For example: I didn't make TDL Global Mod when the idea popped into my head. I discussed it with Lewin first, of course. I'm definitely not saying we won't consider another person to have Admin rights, but we'll think it through first. Seems fair to me.

I'll tell you what: I suggest that everyone that wants to be part of the KaM.net team on TeamSpeak (read: have admin rights), can apply for 'the job'. Just send a PM to me with your motivation and why you think you're the man for the job, and we'll discuss it within the team. Sidenote: I'm not saying that there will be another TS Admin, that'll have to be considered too, but applying never hurts. ;)
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:18

Well, I'm agree with that. Nothing more to add. ;)
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:21

Well, I'm agree with that. Nothing more to add. ;)
Glad to hear that :)
<<

TieSTo

Militia

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:23

People have lives? Liars!
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:33

Like you said, you have better things to do. It's impossible for you to be here 24/7.
I'm not doubting the time you spend on this forum, you're doing a great job but ts isn't the forum.
What the moderator team has to do on ts is:
Make sure there's almost all the time somebody online,
so in case there's a problem they can imediatly come and kick the troll.
Imagine that somebody is trolling you while you're playing, so you'll have to send a pm to one of the forum moderators first, then wait until somebody reads it and connect to do something.
The time that happens you'll probably just quit ts.

So fine for me if you want to moderate it by yourself, but then at least come online before making decisions.
In the end it's still Tiesto's server, so I don't feel like people should ask your permission if they want to participate to the ts-moderation,
wich has nothing to do with the forum IMO.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:46

Like you said, you have better things to do. It's impossible for you to be here 24/7.
I'm not doubting the time you spend on this forum, you're doing a great job but ts isn't the forum.
What the moderator team has to do on ts is:
Make sure there's almost all the time somebody online,
so in case there's a problem they can imediatly come and kick the troll.
Imagine that somebody is trolling you while you're playing, so you'll have to send a pm to one of the forum moderators first, then wait until somebody reads it and connect to do something.
The time that happens you'll probably just quit ts.

So fine for me if you want to moderate it by yourself, but then at least come online before making decisions.
In the end it's still Tiesto's server, so I don't feel like people should ask your permission if they want to participate to the ts-moderation,
wich has nothing to do with the forum IMO.
As far as I'm aware, there's still a mute option that can be used as an emergency solution.

And of course, it's TieSTo's server. That's way I said the KaM Channels aren't officially part of KaM.net. I'm fully aware of that fact.
We're in agreement with TieSTo that we'll decide together (KaM.net team + TieSTo) who will get those rights. It's not like we make things like that up on the spot or anything. Sometimes I think you have the impression nothing is discussed behind the scenes, while in fact every single thing we do is discussed..

Also, I'm fully aware I can't be online 24/7 on TS. That's why I'm suggesting applying for it. If you don't want to, that's your call.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 18 Oct 2012, 22:57

As I said, I'm not doubting the way you're (the whole team) moderating the forum, it's nice to have it clean, realy.
A mute button yes, but sometimes you don't want people to hear you. (Like you don't want spies etc.)
A troll will also just disconnect and change his nick. (Yes, I've been trolled on ts before.)
But good as things are the way you say they are I'm totaly fine with it.
I'll consider applying for moderation on ts, but not just to get powers.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 18 Oct 2012, 23:31

So the moderator of ts will be decided privately? we aren't going to be nominating anyone and discussing it on the forum? I believe a good mod would be Florek or Romek and Bo is one to think about too.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 19 Oct 2012, 05:17

Sado, lol?
I don't see what kicking in a lobby because we won't play with you has to do with this.
In the end the host is always the bad guy, but notice that when we kick it's because all of the other players agreed to it.
Where did I say that's related to you kicking in lobby? I just said you were a bunch of old trolls, I wasn't that serious.
If I had to make a serious proposal, then I'd choose either Matt, Florek or Mulberry, in no particular order.
So the moderator of ts will be decided privately? we aren't going to be nominating anyone and discussing it on the forum? I believe a good mod would be Florek or Romek and Bo is one to think about too.
I guess that's why Tiesto asked who do we think would be a good choice.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Oct 2012, 07:08

No, that's not what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Everyone can 'nominate' one or more person(s) here, but they'll have to apply themselves. We'll still discuss it within the team, but the nominations will certainly be taken into account. :)

Just make sure you explain why you nominate someone. Why should he be TS admin in your eyes?
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 19 Oct 2012, 08:33

Sure:

- Mulberry:
Pro's: Responsible, objective and open-minded.
Contra's: He's not that much present.

- Matt:
Pro's: Very present, speaks fluently English and Russian.
Contra's: Can act like a dick, you need patience to appreciate him.

- Bo:
Pro's: Always present during the evening, experienced as moderator, speaks English and perfectly Dutch and French. Loves ponies.
Contra's: Is a powerwhore.

- Fried Chicken:
Pro's:
Contra's: Quite a rager, sometimes he has to leave suddently because he has to go to bed. Won't play when Polish army is united.

- Pizza:
Pro's: Very nice person.
Contra's: WIll often not be able to moderate since he has school the next day.

- To:
Pro's: Responsible, his age proves enough. Respected by the whole community. Impressive voice.
Contra's: Has a microphone on batteries, wich sometimes get depleated for a very long time.

- Florek:
Pro's: Present, sociable. You won't avoid him.
Contra's: Used to be very arrogant.

- RomeK:
Pro's: Probably the reason we're all on ts, he didn't want to use skype. Responsible and nice.
Contra's: Has some trouble when speaking English sometimes.
Last edited by Bo_ on 19 Oct 2012, 17:30, edited 3 times in total.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 19 Oct 2012, 09:44

I would say To. Even though I haven't used TS.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 19 Oct 2012, 11:13

I'll be more on TS in the time to come. If I'm not playing or I'm doing other things in the mean time I'll join an empty channel and if you need me just go there and shout at me. Obviously I'll join the KaM channel to talk with you as well.
Anyway this is all pretty new for me but I'm looking forward to it, it should be fun. :P
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 19 Oct 2012, 11:38

- Fried Chicken:
Pro's:
Contra's: Quite a rager, sometimes he has to leave suddently because he has to go to bed.
Hahaha, love that one. :D I 'd add that he won't play against Polish Army also!
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 19 Oct 2012, 11:59

I added: won't play when Polish army is united.
Kick fast, think Bo.

Return to “General Talk”